space station of coolness!

this challenge will probably be too easy but here we go. All of the space stations that you make are up to you in the design but they need to follow the guidelines you can dock the space station with a rocket if you need to but no refueling. the mods that are allowed are kerbal engineer and mechjeb or mods like that no mods that add parts or change the game play no cheats. so don't even look at alt+f12

super easy: get a space station that seats 5 kerbals orbiting the mun

easy: get a space station orbiting duna that can seat 6 kerbals make sure to add lights for extra effect!

medium: make a space station that orbits the mun with 6 kerbals then put it in orbit of minimums

hard: make a space station that orbits duna that holds 8 kerbals then put it in orbit of kerbin, then in orbit of the mun

super hard: put a space station that holds 8 kerbals  in orbit of the mun then duna then  minimums then kerbin and after this you need to bring it home safely.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be an idea if the specification of a "station" was tighter. For example do the seated kerbals have to be inside the station, as seated could be interpreted as including command seats.

In some ways this is similar to the One With Everything challenge that I've just completed (uploading pics of it to Imgur right now) but with orbital stations instead of landings.

5 hours ago, Nich said:

I am going to have to say station don't return once you cross that line it is a mothership or a lander.

I'd probably have to agree with you.

I'm actually having a go at this right now (on Super Hard) and I'd be hard pressed to say what separates what I'm using to fly around in from any other spacecraft, other than it accomodating more Kerbals than I'm used to carrying for a challenge. Although I did put a few sensors and and antenna on it to make it more "stationy"

I'm submitting this entry in what I call the "Super Hard Plus" category, which is the following.

Put a station into Mun orbit, then Duna orbit, Minmus orbit, Mun orbit again, Kerbin orbit, Minmus orbit again and finally Kerbin orbit again, with a visit to ship that was in low Kerbin orbit for a completely different challenge (Mun Rocked).

I made a big screwup in the building of the station in that I forgot a critical detachment ring, which meant some wasteful fuel usage and having to manually transfer the fuel around instead of the rather intricate fuel line arrangement doing its intended job.

Still, it did a good job and even came back with a bunch of fuel to spare.

So here it is... the journey of the "bug".

Edited by purpleivan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.