[1.1] MakeItSmall 1.2 - Because sometime you need stuff to be smaller

sarbian

The 1.1 pre release is here and some complain about the size of the NavBall and the limit of the UI slider. So here is a simple solution to make part of the UI larger or smaller and set the whole UI scale without limit.

MakeItSmall let your resize the NavBall, Crew, Timer and Altimeter. 

Open the UI while in the Flight scene with ALT U. 

v1.1 With the amazing feature of actually saving all the config !

Download :  MakeItSmall-1.2.0.0.zip

License : MIT

Source : https://github.com/sarbian/MakeItSmall

MakeItSmall.png

Edited by sarbian

2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

ALT U doesn't work for me. It just toggles the lights on/off?

If on Linux, which may be the case, alt got defined as right-shift for some reason. (I think I know why, meta/alt clashes, but I can't be sure...)

9 hours ago, komodo said:

If on Linux, which may be the case, alt got defined as right-shift for some reason. (I think I know why, meta/alt clashes, but I can't be sure...)

I'm on Windows 10. Using EVE-Mod (ALT + 0) works, Scatterer-Mod (ALT + F10/F11) works as well.

ALT + U only toggles Light on/off (U). Strange!

This is the case with 32 and 64 bit version of 1.1 prerelease.

edit: I was using JSGME Mod Enabler and I put "Make It Smaller" in the wrong directory! Sorry for inconvenience! Everything is working as intended! Thank you for help!

Edited by hoover2701

Thanks work fine, but if kerbal restart, the configuration is not saved (all 1.5) and I have to put it back.
I saw in the configuration file that is created which is all set to 1, manually changing it to 1.5, the next reboot, all is back to 1.
It would be great, if you could at least be able to change with Alt U in the scene of the KSC, so as soon as you enter the current game, you do not need before you get into a flying scene to change it.
This is only a suggestion, this plugin allows me to see in the VAB parties also setting the 4K graphics :cool:

I had a problem, increasing or decreasing the "All" setting, in  the map scene are moved orbits. The shuttle remains in its position, but the sign of the orbit increases or decreases according to the "all" setting.

1 hour ago, EmpCris said:

I had a problem, increasing or decreasing the "All" setting, in  the map scene are moved orbits. The shuttle remains in its position, but the sign of the orbit increases or decreases according to the "all" setting.

This happens in stock as well, when you change UI size.

9 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Pretty useful, but theres nothing for the UI element in the bottom left (the part that has the stages and stuff)

Yep, I commented the code for that part since they are a little trickier to resize properly with all their complex animation. I will have an other look in the coming days but I won't do it if it turns out to be too annoying.

sarbian, I found that when the navball is smaller or bigger. that when I make a maneuver node the remaining deltav window doesn't move with it. so if the navball is smaller it's kinda just out in the middle of no where, and if it's bigger it moves into the navball. 

I'm playing in 1.1, if that matters.  

I also noticed it yesterday. Not sure I ll have the time to look into it this week since I am a bit busy. I need to find the reference to those item. Unless someone already has it ?

Question: Anybody know how this might play with Enhanced Navball (assuming that one gets an update or remake)? I don't know if I can live without that mod's ability to reposition the navball. Can't stand to have it right in the bottom center.

Suggestion: I can never remember hotkeys for mods like this, that I don't use everyday. I'd love to see this mod have toolbar support. Personally I'd prefer to see it on the Toolbar mod, though others might like to see it on the stock toolbar.

On 4/4/2016 at 7:14 AM, sarbian said:

I also noticed it yesterday. Not sure I ll have the time to look into it this week since I am a bit busy. I need to find the reference to those item. Unless someone already has it ?

Sarbian, 

Are you going to add the ability to move the navball left or right, like EnhancedNavball used to do?

Wanted to also chime in on what linuxgurugamer said. EnhancedNavball let's reposition the navball to the left or right (among other things). I'm worried that mod might die with 1.1 and while I can live without most of the mod's features I will SORELY miss the ability to move it after having it offset to the left side. It seems to ALWAYS be in the way of your view when centered, even with a small navball. Moving it to the left lets you move the navball out of the way of your view without requiring you to shrink it down to unusable size. I'd love to see that feature added to MakeItSmall.