Are you able to download the 1.1 pre-release?

Mjp1050

Are you able to download the pre-release?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are you able to download the pre-release?

• Yes
    • No

I was reading this thread: 

So who downloaded KSP from Steam, and who downloaded it from the KSP store or GOG?

I'm trying to figure out if more people have access to the 1.1 pre-release or not.

Edited by Mjp1050
Clarification on the choices

I bought through the KSP store and am testing the 1.1 pre-release.

7 minutes ago, Mjp1050 said:

So who bought KSP from the KSP store, and who bought it from Steam?

So, wait, is your poll about "How many people downloaded from Steam vs. the KSP website?" or is is about "So who bought KSP from the KSP store, and who bought it from Steam?"?

4 minutes ago, regex said:

I bought through the KSP store and am testing the 1.1 pre-release.

So, wait, is your poll about "How many people downloaded from Steam vs. the KSP website?" or is is about "So who bought KSP from the KSP store, and who bought it from Steam?"?

It's about  "How many people downloaded from Steam vs. the KSP website"

I'll clarify that..Thanks for pointing that out.

2 minutes ago, Mjp1050 said:

It's about  "How many people downloaded from Steam vs. the KSP website"

What if I've downloaded from both?  What about people who got it from the Humble Store or GOG?

OK, I wasn't aware that there were other options for downloading... I'll add a third choice on the poll.

And if you've downloaded from both, then choose Steam. I'm trying to figure out if more people have access to the pre-release or not.

Just now, Mjp1050 said:

I'm trying to figure out if more people have access to the pre-release or not.

Your sample size is severely lacking and the results will not be meaningful.  Also, I answered "Store" because I bought it from there.

8 minutes ago, regex said:

Your sample size is severely lacking and the results will not be meaningful.  Also, I answered "Store" because I bought it from there.

My apologies. I was under the impression that only Steam users could access the pre-release.

If I'm wrong, or if there are other options for downloading KSP that I am unaware of, then please tell me.

1 minute ago, Mjp1050 said:

My apologies. I was under the impression that only Steam users could access the pre-release.

No, you're correct there.

Are you like, trying to gain a correct accounting of how many people have been Left Behind or something?

Edited by regex

1 minute ago, regex said:

Your poll probably would have been more meaningful if it had asked "Are you able to download the pre-release?"

Heheh... good point.

Thankfully, no one's chosen GOG yet, so I can still edit the poll's options.

Thanks for pointing that out!

While the claim is that it is far easier to push releases/bugfixes/whatever on Steam, am I the only one who has downloaded the .18 demo (or whatever the old one was) from Steam but the 1.0.0 demo from KSP/Squad?  I suspect you can't get the 1.0.0 from Steam (note: you might need to create a dummy account: It wouldn't download as "I already had KSP").

3 minutes ago, nli2work said:

check steam hub for KSP. currently there are ~4300 players in-game. Optimistically they are all running the pre-release.

Well, that simplifies matters considerably.

I can install the 1.1 release but I'm not going to. I don't want to do beta testing, been there, done that with other games and didn't even get a t-shirt.

I suppose this means I'll lose at KSP by not being first ahead of everyone else.

Nope... I'm a lowly store peasant.

Not that I can play KSP anymore anyway because my "new" i7 based machine had to be sold to cover for some "expenses". Running a Pentium 4, Radeon 9250, &  2GB RAM now...

Edited by MGCJerry

11 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

I was reading this thread: 

So who downloaded KSP from Steam, and who downloaded it from the KSP store or GOG?

I'm trying to figure out if more people have access to the 1.1 pre-release or not.

Your poll is skewed towards the results you favor.

I'm not able to download the 1.1 pre-release. But I also do not care to download it. But my vote still counts towards your favor. As I could still transfer my account to steam (it's old enough) I potentially could download the pre-release if I really wanted.

People that are on steam, but haven't noticed the more public info available about the 1.1 pre-release will most likely also answer "no" in your poll.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.