Real Ships - Version 0.1 Released!

Azimech

10 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

I've been working on Prince Of Wales with RealShips, but is it intentional that the part contribute negatively to the cost (In career mode, would you make money?). (Notice the -67,598,470 funds number.)

If people are interested, we might consider a career mode with missions, a tech tree and realistic costs/rewards. Until then all costs are total bovine excrement.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, Azimech said:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is updated for 1.1, KerbPaint works but is still a bit wonky on Windows, doesn't work yet on Apple & Linux. Editor Extensions Redux is fully functional. Vesselmover needs an update.

Oh, well I guess I need a fresh KSP install because they all bug my game when installed, along with many other mods :P

2 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

Oh, well I guess I need a fresh KSP install because they all bug my game when installed, along with many other mods :P

It's always a good idea to make a copy -or multiple copies- of a fresh install into a different folder and install your mods there.

13 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

I'm on 1.1.0 right now, but the problem is that my Prince Of Wales hull is jittering and shaking out of control.

Yes that's something that needs to be solved. Am I right you've maxed out the armour? The problem is the mass increases but the joints don't scale with it, I think I need to have a chat with ferram4 about creating a custom version of KJR specifically for Real Ships. Right now the only solution I can think of is reducing the amount or armour.

Another problem is that BDArmory weapons heat up the core of the part instead of the skin, which at this moment makes armour ineffective. Maybe BahamutoD would be inclined to rewrite the code but we might need to request it.

Just now, Azimech said:

Yes that's something that needs to be solved. Am I right you've maxed out the armour? The problem is the mass increases but the joints don't scale with it, I think I need to have a chat with ferram4 about creating a custom version of KJR specifically for Real Ships. Right now the only solution I can think of is reducing the amount or armour.

Another problem is that BDArmory weapons heat up the core of the part instead of the skin, which at this moment makes armour ineffective. Maybe BahamutoD would be inclined to rewrite the code but we might need to request it.

Yep, I've got armor on.

@Azimech 

AptPertinentEel.gifThe problems with exploding/shaky ships continue, though this time I took out a massive portion of the armor, just how much is left is down in the bottom there. The album also shows the forward superstructure exploding, but in other trials the whole superstructure and the deck below it were taken out.

Any potential fixes?

8 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

@Azimech 

AptPertinentEel.gifThe problems with exploding/shaky ships continue, though this time I took out a massive portion of the armor, just how much is left is down in the bottom there. The album also shows the forward superstructure exploding, but in other trials the whole superstructure and the deck below it were taken out.

Any potential fixes?

I'd like to analyze it, would you like to put it in a dropbox or something? You use the same mods as with you other ships?

1 hour ago, castille7 said:

I had some small craft that were shaking badly and I added struts to stop the shaking, not sure if this will help with a large ship.

I've already got a got ~20 of them, guess I should add 50 more. :P 

1 hour ago, SaturnianBlue said:

I've already got a got ~20 of them, guess I should add 50 more. :P 

the three logos i have ever seen to kerbal:

in thrust we trust

mod it till it crashes

struts, struts, struts!!!!!

@AzimechI was able to mostly fix the shaking to death issue, but another issue remains: The ship won't reply lower into the water. It just floats along on top! Do you have any ideas for what might be happening? The problem isn't restricted to Prince Of Wales too, it happened on the Hood, and I don't really know how it got fixed.

Download for testing/analysis

Edited by SaturnianBlue

• 3 weeks later...
On 10-5-2016 at 3:27 AM, SaturnianBlue said:

@AzimechI was able to mostly fix the shaking to death issue, but another issue remains: The ship won't reply lower into the water. It just floats along on top! Do you have any ideas for what might be happening? The problem isn't restricted to Prince Of Wales too, it happened on the Hood, and I don't really know how it got fixed.

Download for testing/analysis

I could make the mass of the keel variable in the editor, that should solve the problem.

7 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

@AzimechIs there a way to get both this mod and WW2 Warships to work together? Because in both 1.0.5 and 1.1 one mod or the other refuses to work.

Real Ships was planned to be a successor on top of WW2 Warships but I could change RS so they can co-exist. But this would need some user manual input: changing the ID's of every part into a new one. Since RS is at 0.1 I'm inclined to look for the possibility. After publishing Kerbal Piston Engines 0.1 I'll continue work on RS/WW2W.

5 hours ago, Azimech said:

Real Ships was planned to be a successor on top of WW2 Warships but I could change RS so they can co-exist. But this would need some user manual input: changing the ID's of every part into a new one. Since RS is at 0.1 I'm inclined to look for the possibility. After publishing Kerbal Piston Engines 0.1 I'll continue work on RS/WW2W.

Is there anything I can do right now?

On 4-6-2016 at 8:45 PM, Bronto70937 said:

Any idea how this works with RO? the cargo ship looks useful to actually get to the equator for a nicer launch. (as in, stick a rocket on a ship and sail to the equator to launch).

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation RO, the cargo ship needs an update but it can probably handle the load of a simple rocket with launch facility.

On 29-5-2016 at 4:30 PM, SaturnianBlue said:

Is there anything I can do right now?

Unfortunately not. I want to publish Kerbal Piston Engines first and then get back to WW2W/BS/RS.

Edited by Azimech

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, HorizonFulcrum said:

Sorry for grave digging...

Azimech is this mod compatible with 1.3, if no, do you plan on continuing support for it?

I would love to know as well.

I have been sinking out my ships for the past 6 hours, but the one included seems to work fine in 1.3.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.