Cerebrate

[1.2; obsolete] NavBallsToYou - make the navball appear automagically in map view

NOTE: technically, this mod is obsolete, since unsetting the "Autohide navball" setting in stock now duplicates its functionality. I'm leaving the download available, however, to ease transition, but it will not be updated beyond 1.2.

From my epic impatience to yours, seeing as not having this functionality available turns out to be... a considerable irritation.

This mod shows the navball automatically whenever you enter map view. No more, no less.

Get it here: https://github.com/cerebrate/NavBallsToYou/releases/tag/0.2 or here http://spacedock.info/mod/458/NavBallsToYou

Source here: https://github.com/cerebrate/NavBallsToYou

License: public domain.

-c

Edited by Cerebrate
obsolescence

Very nice. I still don't understand why this isn't standard behavior. Who doesn't immediately pull up the NavBall immediately upon entering the map view every time? Now if we could just stage from map view...

What all the previous posters said. This is literally a missing feature from the game. The fact that it has yet to be made stock is almost worthy of being called a bug xD

Isn't this mod already obsolete? Because there's a stock setting for it now.

Edited by Jeorge

1 hour ago, Jeorge said:

Isn't this mod already obsolete? Because there's a stock setting for it now.

Well, what d'you know, so there is...

Oh, well. Guess I made my own setting anyway. With blackjack! And hookers!

-c

"..also with Blackjack and Hookers"

You made me LoL xx

In 1.2, this is now a stock feature. I must call upon @Red Iron Crown to decide what to do with this thread.

6 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

In 1.2, this is now a stock feature. I must call upon @Red Iron Crown to decide what to do with this thread.

Unless it is breaking rules or the OP requests it be closed, the moderators won't do anything.

I'm pretty sure the navball used to stay open between switches after you entered map view and opened it the first time. Did they change that in 1.1?

Actually, I think I misunderstood. I noticed the navball wouldn't pop up automatically in map view in 1.2 and assumed this was to remedy that. Apologies.

Edited by MrLake

This is a helpful quality of life mod. Thanks for keeping it updated!

12 hours ago, Met said:

This is a helpful quality of life mod. Thanks for keeping it updated!

Yes, but now we have an option in KSP settings that makes this useful mod obsolete.

5 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Yes, but now we have an option in KSP settings that makes this useful mod obsolete.

I saw people talking about that setting, where can i find it?

13 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

I saw people talking about that setting, where can i find it?

Just goto settings on the main menu, on the general tab at the bottom left hand side Untick autohide navball.

3 minutes ago, Torih said:

Just goto settings on the main menu, on the general tab at the bottom left hand side Untick autohide navball.

How the hell did i miss that by now? thanks sir

C'mon kids, play nice.  I think we all agree this was a super-useful mod (along with all its predecessors).  So useful, in fact, that Squad was like, "Hey, it's about time we do this ourselves".  Thanks for all the good times @Cerebrate and for keeping the bar doors open a few hours past closing time.

Indeed, there is no reason to close this thread down, a slight trim maybe, lets keep this thread open and nice guys.