KSP YouTubers

Mijna

I have gotten into the habit of watching kerbal videos over lunch and found a few really good channels. I am curious to hear about other channels and why people like them.

Scott Manley: I enjoy the progressive stories and the acceptance of mistakes. I abuse the revert launch button, perhaps too much.

Danny2462: These are fun for indulging the "because I can" factor of the game. I don't have near the creativity and am often sitting thinking "but why?"

Maccollo: Not many videos but they are beautiful and intricate in a way I wish I could do. I find myself watching the grand tour, Duna and Venus videos over and over.

So who do you like and why?

Bradley Whistance.

His videos show the most amazing things I've ever seen in KSP, hands down.

Recently, he did a full grand tour without refueling and landed every part back at Kerbin except for the Eve lander. Did I mention the entire mission fit in a Mk3 cargo bay and was launched with an SSTO? 

Turbo pumped has done many amazing things but these two are my favorites.

First one is pretty self explanatory, single stage to Moho without refueling.

This one is my favorite. He uses a massive rocket to fling a Kerbal out of the solar system at 103 kilometers per second.

Other than those you mentioned I have a few to add if you'd like to check them out.

Roninpawn is one of my favorite YouTubers period. He has a modest humor that I find very endearing and puts a lot of heart into his videos. It's been a little while since he's played KSP but it's worth finding those playlists as well as his XCOM and Subnautica series.

OfficialNerdCubed and Jacksepticeye for those who like the bigger channels with large followings and goofy humor that appeals to a wide audience. Also been awhile since they've played KSP but there's a decent backlog of vids that are entertaining. Don't expect to learn much about skilled maneuvers or building techniques, but their wide-eyed enthusiasm for the game makes up for it in my opinion. NerdCubed will put a smile on your face and Jack will make you cringe but it's a lot of fun.

Billy Winn Jr, I just found recently thanks to his experiments with the 1.1 release and has been twitching as well. Again, very enthusiastic and has some really creative ideas for testing the game and likes to build both huge and tiny creations.

KottabosGames is a guy who really knows what he's doing and should be well known around here, of course. If you want to see demonstrations of all the best mods you should check him out.

I've left out plenty of good ones, but it's a start.

Edited by HvP

This guy is pretty sweet to watch.  

Edit: Oh, and this guy does KSP movie-style cinematics.  A lot of them are war things, not so much my taste, but I can still admire his art. :)  This is one I particularly like.

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn
Forgot one

Danny2462 and Nexter are hilarious because the just constantly break the game. Hazard-ish and turbo pumped do absolutely insane things like a Moho ssto or an eve return from underwater and visit Gilly and Minmus. @Matt Lowne makes awesome sstos and Duna attacks. Kerbal space command's tutorial showed me how to dock. But who ever it is, it is not felsmak. He is an evil Dres hater. :mad:

Nobody mentioned Robbaz ?

He doesnt do many KSP videos lately, but he's still right up there with Danny IMHO. Not serious like Scott, just laid back fun. (language warning)

His videos are also what introduced me to this game back in 2011

5 hours ago, HoY said:

Nobody mentioned Robbaz ?

He doesnt do many KSP videos lately, but he's still right up there with Danny IMHO. Not serious like Scott, just laid back fun. (language warning)

His videos are also what introduced me to this game back in 2011

Robbaz is a strange one, he's obviously good at the game but he uses it for evil, the cube and the space volvo are my favorites.

7 hours ago, White Owl said:

Bob Fitch is the best. Detail, creativity, historical accuracy, drama, humor, all at the highest production values.

I see no one has mentioned you yet... I remember those times. :D 

Suprised no no one has mentioned Swdennis yet. Amazing replicas of notably Star Wars, but there are plenty of more fun thing he makes.

Also: Anyone seen Kurtjmac? He hasn't played KSP in quite a while, but the series really shows the gameplay in its raw form.

Everyone has their own play style (and that's a good thing!). Me, I only launch "realistic" rockets, or as close to realistic as KSP allows. I don't get into Krazy Kerbal Kontraptions. But I don't like RO/RSS - If I wanted that level I would play Orbiter. It's just what works for me.

That said, I just found this guy and I really like his videos. He's not too full of himself, and he's not trying to show off how 1337 his KSP skills are, just good fun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCftDFpWyR_87FXi82g7oZ-Q

Of course, Scott Manley will always have a place in my heart for teaching me orbital mechanics and how to apply that knowledge in KSP.

Edited by MalevolentNinja

15 minutes ago, Promii said:

I like Learning by Gaming with Sebbi for an authentic stock KSP experience, ShadowZone for his amazing crafts, and Cupcake Landers for his great editing and piloting skills.

I have my own channel as well where I am trying to do a hybrid lets play / role play / story thing.

I was just about to mention Cupcake, I was surprised I had to scroll down so far...

I found a lot of inspiration from Cupcake's vids, especially for more efficient manned landing and crew transport missions. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.