Something really hilarious that showed up... (modulemanager is the cause of Nyancat)

RA3236

This has been answered in at least four threads today.  It's @sarbian's joke with module manager.  Regardless of unsupported x64 detection, it always appears if the date= April fools.

Edit: all the threads about it have been moved to the modding discussion board.  I kinda question that, considering apparently everyone comes here to make new threads about it. I would have merged and stickied them for the day... ah well.

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn

6 hours ago, katateochi said:

I don't know what's worse, that idea, or the fact that without even needing to see the vid again I've now got that dang nyan cat tune stuck in my head.

Alex S. has a pretty sick dubstep remix for that:

5 hours ago, xandertifft54321 said:

this is wierd....im running 32 bit ksp on steam with a buttload of mods and i didnot click the "add updates" or "apply changes" from ckan, unless ksp avc can update mods it must of been in there for a while.

As I said in an other thread that code is more than a year old and was added for 2015 April 1st

This is 1.0.5

Yesterday, when I started KSP, I saw something really strange.  Some graphical object was shooting left-to-right across the lower part of the screen just below the progress bar, over and over again.  It was moving so fast it was hard to make out details, other than it was a pink blob trailing a rainbow behind it, but occasionally it stopped briefly when the loading process down-shifted.  Once that happened when the strange object was right below the progress bar so I was able to get a good pic of it.  Here it is:

WTF

It turns out to be a gray cat stuck through what appears to be a pink sponge.

Earlier this week, the computer network at my job got hacked and caused all sorts of problems, so naturally that was my 1st reaction here.  But then some very, very, very vague memory of this object bubbled up from years ago.  It seemed somehow familiar.

So, what is this?  Yesterday was April Fool's so maybe it was part of that.  Is it an easter egg like the sand castle?  Is it some modder's idea of a joke (like Blizzy's fake moon landing)?  Is it a virus?

Anybody else seen this?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, PanzerAce said:

To expand, module manager has nyan cat appear in various places when uta April 1

Ah, cool, thanks :)  Must not have played on 1 April in several  years.  But the thing is, it only happened 1 time yesterday despite me starting the game several times.

Oh well, thanks @sarbian

6 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Merged in another couple of threads on this topic.

*sigh* We need to put up this thread as a sticky in this sub forum and KSP Discussion. Saves you mods having to  go around and merge these threads.

EDIT: Temporarily so that we need not to worry about a permanent thing.

Edited by RA3236

Just now, fireblade274 said:

Though it is also true in making a thread, you search.

But I was the first to find it and post a thread, presumably why my thread is the one that stays. I actually didn't know about it, allready looked it up. @sarbian was kind enough to give me some insight for all you people with no searching about skills ;) .

Just now, RA3236 said:

But I was the first to find it and post a thread, presumably why my thread is the one that stays. I actually didn't know about it, allready looked it up. @sarbian was kind enough to give me some insight for all you people with no searching about skills ;) .

I know, I was just being zen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.