Mission Name vs Vessel Name

Hi guys, I'm busy working on a small mod that will do some of what you're asking for. Working title is "Flight Operations". Features currently are:

• Names flights automatically from the vessel name, e.g. "Untitled Spacecraft" becomes "Untitled Spacecraft 1", then "Untitled Spacecraft 2", etc.
  • Support for specifying number location and format, e.g. "STS-##" becomes "STS-01" then "STS-02" etc.
  • Tracks the following information for each completed flight:
    • Flight Name
    • Vessel Name
    • Vessel Type
    • Launch Mass
    • Launch Cost
    • Pilot Name
    • # Crew
    • # Passengers
    • Launch Date
    • Science Discovered
    • Funds Earned
    • Reputation Gained
    • Contracts Completed
    • Landing Date/Destruction Date
    • Costs Recovered
    • Orbital Reference
    • Apoapsis
    • Periapsis
    • Inclination
    • Orbital Period
  • Has a Spaceport UI Window which displays most of that data
  • Orbit information is calculated as the "best" orbit around the "best" body. Currently I only support Kerbin, and "best" orbit is the largest orbital period
  • "Best" body will probably be based on furthest body orbit is achieved around

Stil to do for v0.1 release:

• Complete UI [Currently just shows a few items, and doesn't support scrolling]
  • Currently not saving orbital parameters for some reason
  • Add Mission Duration

Roadmap:

v0.2

• Launch dialog on click launch which captures flight details, desired apogee and perigee and inclination
  • Track success vs failure of the launch
  • Show success/failure on Mission Display via red/green/amber

v0.3

• Track telemetry (acceleration, altitude, speed, distance, dynamic pressure, fuel flow, thrust)
  • Track TWR, ISP against Vessel Modified events
  • Track continuous throttle settings, yaw, pitch, roll
  • Track angle from prograde vector
  • Show mission graph with events marked

v0.4

• Add root cause analysis to Launch failure. Payload problem. Launch Vehicle problem. Pilot error. Kraken. Other.
  • Add Launch name and details to vessel tag in UI
  • Integrate with StageRecovery
  • Show mission map with events marked

v0.5

• Track screenshots at certain events. Launch, separation events, destruction events, orbit achieved. Payload decoupled.
  • Launch screenshot. 1s, 5s, 10s, 10s from set location
  • Screenshot from above and in front on separation events
  • Same on destruction events
  • From side 3/4 up on orbit achieved
  • Same from 5s after payload separation

If you'd like to be a beta tester, please DM me, and I'll send you the beta mod when it's ready for testing.

I hope so too, getting tired of tracking my missions manually on a spreadsheet.

I've got most of v0.1 working now. Will post a Mod dev thread and screenshots once I've got those Still to Do items, should be on or before this weekend.

Below you can see a screenshot. I launched two missions, one never took off, the other was suborbital. I do have orbital flights working now. Just have a bug when switching between save games.

PAX is Crew/Passengers

COST/REC is cost and recovered cost

F/S/R is Funds/Science/Rep earned (from contracts and actions). Funds earned is different that costs recovered for reasons that go beyond this mod.

Orbit Ref would be Kerbin/Duna, etc.

AP/PE INCL shows the Apoapsis, Periapsis and Inclination

PER is the orbital period

MET is mission elapsed time

3CdVjsf.png

Edited by Heed
Update

On 05/04/2016 at 4:55 PM, Snikersnee said:

The name of the ship was saturn V, the name of the mission was apollo, we get it. No one refers to the individual missions by the exact name of the ship, they either refer to it by its mission name or the name of the ship as a whole. They don't say STS-61 fixed hubble, they say Endeavour fixed it. Maybe by the astronauts' names or "the space shuttle", but unless you are doing a school report, have a job that requires you to do so, or want to sound smart in front of your friends, you call it by the name of the ship.

I like this idea. Would also be cool to have a kerbal "hall of fame", or something like that, describing the missions a particular kerbal went on. Maybe it could also trickle in some funds like a museum to give you a reason to upgrade it in career.

Try Final Frontier 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.