Gone fishin'

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS, EVERYONE! 

I will continue to run this challenge, read below for mod DL link.

Gone fishin’

By now I’m sure you’ll have heard of SQUAD’s little april fools’ joke: a fishing mini-game in KSP!  It came with the latest pre-release build.  Sadly, I don’t have Steam, but I still thought I’d make a challenge out of it.  Basically, it’s about catching the most kgs of fish from various locations.  

You can fish on any planet with water, including the Admin pond on kerbin, so there are three categories:

Backyard pond

This is only in the Admin pond.

Scoring is total weight of fish (in kg) * 1

Deep-sea fishin’

This is for any fish in Kerbin’s normal water.

Scoring is weight of fish (in kg) * 1.5

Eveil fish

Fish on Eve!

Scoring is weight of fish (in kg) * 4

Laythe’s flying fish

Fish on Laythe!

Scoring is weight of fish (in kg) * 2

*2 multiplier for returning the Kerbal that did the fishing to Kerbin safely (Only counts for Eveil fish and Laythe’s flying fish)

You first must download this mod:

You start fishing by getting within ~5 meters of a bit of water with a Kerbal on EVA, then right-click the Kerbal and click start fishing.  You must be landed, not splashed down.  You can also fish from a seaplane or boat, as long as you’re standing on it.  It’s sometimes a bit tricky to get the button to appear, try quicksaving/quickloading, jumping up and down, and walking away from the water and back again.  

When you you click start fishing, a pop-up should appear to tell you how to fish.

Scoreboard

1. @HamnavoePer 75.4 * deep sea 1.5 = 113.1
  2. @nobodyhasthis214.6kg * deep sea 1.5 = 21.9

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

This.  As far as I know it has been in for a while in the beta. There still a few graphics glitches on the land but the water is looks finished. guess someone at Squad decided to make us look at it more.  WtfHd3a.jpg

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Tried doing it off the coast off the bat, kinda hard with no skill (also I slid off the vessel while fishing and it still works)

screenshot11_zpsh9bgg2x4.png

screenshot12_zps1knwckuf.png

So, I went to the fake pool (it really is still fake water) and did some training. 

screenshot13_zpslwxvjlpw.png

screenshot14_zpsbapgo1pu.png

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

Ok I think I'm getting the hang of this but I keep forgetting to screenshot. Bleargh. Hope I can actually get another whopper like the last one.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm used to using CTRL+ Print screen for screen caps, but the info disappears as soon as I hit CTRL. :(

There's got to be a better way to set that up.

Although none of my catches have been "whoppers" so far...

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

23 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

YargJay9991,

Yeah you did :D

Did you notice the hex code you needed to enter to enable it?

41 70 72 69 6c 20 46 6f 6f 6c

Try plugging that into an ascii conversion.

Best,
-Slashy

Do not know why I waited to use the ASCII convertor until I had the save file opened in notepad editor and Actions located and about to paste it there. :blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.