April Fools & Kessler Syndrome

Xyphos

So I was eating at a restaurant earlier today, laptop next to me and KSP running, the waitress came up and asked if I was ready to order...

me: "I'll have the Ruben"
her: "Sorry, we're out of that"
me: "I'll have the chicken sandwich."
her: "we're out of that too."
me: "steak sandwich?"
her: "nope."
me: "well, what do you have?"
her: "April Fools jokes."
me: "Oh, well that's not funny, I suffer from untreatable Kessler Syndrome. you shouldn't tease people like that!" *pokerface*
her: "*gasp* oh my gosh, I'm soooo sorry. I'll put in your order for the Ruben."

Edited by Xyphos

34 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

me: "Oh, well that's not funny, I suffer from untreatable Kessler Syndrome. you shouldn't tease people like that!" *pokerface*

Ack!  That's contagious and really hard to cure!  Stay away!  *covers low orbit with a cloth*

2 minutes ago, cubinator said:

If she didn't know what Kessler syndrome is, she wouldn't have gotten an xkcd joke.

Well, yes, thus my little parenthetical joke.  :)

Though it would be hard for me to poke fun at someone for never having heard of Kessler syndrome.  Other than hard-core space nerds, I expect practically nobody has.  (Actually, I'd guess it would be considerably fewer than have heard of sudo.  In areas with high geek density, I expect that at least there'd be a chance that someone at a nearby table might get the sudo joke.  Probably not the case for Kessler.)

58 minutes ago, Snark said:

Well, yes, thus my little parenthetical joke.  :)

Though it would be hard for me to poke fun at someone for never having heard of Kessler syndrome.  Other than hard-core space nerds, I expect practically nobody has.  (Actually, I'd guess it would be considerably fewer than have heard of sudo.  In areas with high geek density, I expect that at least there'd be a chance that someone at a nearby table might get the sudo joke.  Probably not the case for Kessler.)

Gravity brought it somewhat to wider knowledge, though I think you need to watch the DVD extras to hear Kessler Syndrome mentioned by name.

9 hours ago, Xyphos said:

So I was eating at a restaurant earlier today, laptop next to me and KSP running, the waitress came up and asked if I was ready to order...

her: "*gasp* oh my gosh, I'm soooo sorry. I'll put in your order for the Ruben."

Here's hoping you actually suffer a weeks worth of the trots for that.... Kessler Syndrome might be real after they say you're the first one to ever get it..... :)

No,.... I'm not a spoil sport.... I *do* actually suffer from Multiple Sclerosis which is incurable... people like you is why no one believes us.... :(

Seriously.... one day you're going to say that to someone and they will go running into the kitchen.... then, a seven foot 200 pound monster is going to come out and say he is the Chef.... but he also plays KSP and would you mind stepping outside with him so he can teach you a lesson for scaring his sister like that.... :) R.I.P. Xyphos.... :)

I like the way you had KSP open. Maybe you really did have some Kessler Syndrome (Or close as KSP can do) happening. 

3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

No,.... I'm not a spoil sport.... I *do* actually suffer from Multiple Sclerosis which is incurable... people like you is why no one believes us.... :(

Are you sure though? It was April fools day, plus the server was almost asking to be pranked, by being annoying with one of her own... So in this case, maybe such a joke is excusable? 

Plus, even though she didn't recognise, she immediately offered the assistance she thought was needed, as she should for someone with a real syndrome. 

Granted, I don't have MS, but when people talk rubbish about something I do have, I get pretty liquided, so it probably fair for you to feel this way. 

Edited by Tw1
Liquided? I wrote something else. Auto sensor? Cool.

1 hour ago, Tw1 said:

I like the way you had KSP open. Maybe you really did have some Kessler Syndrome (Or close as KSP can do) happening. 

Are you sure though? It was April fools day, plus the server was almost asking to be pranked, by being annoying with one of her own... So in this case, maybe such a joke is excusable? 

Plus, even though she didn't recognise, she immediately offered the assistance she thought was needed, as she should for someone with a real syndrome. 

Granted, I don't have MS, but when people talk rubbish about something I do have, I get pretty liquided, so it probably fair for you to feel this way. 

APRIL FO....errrr.... never mind! I do have MS but I wasn't seriously telling you off. :)

8 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

APRIL FO....errrr.... never mind! I do have MS but I wasn't seriously telling you off. :)

That's still going over there? Yeah, wasn't sure, but decided to make my comment anyway.  :)

On 4/1/2016 at 8:51 PM, Xyphos said:

10 points to Griffindor for situational awareness. Though I do hope you left her a nice tip for her reaction...

22 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I *do* actually suffer from Multiple Sclerosis

well, if we're going to compare pen sizes...

1. Social Anxiety Disorder
  2. Type-2 Bipolar, (non suicidal)
  3. Chronic Insomnia
  4. Carpal-Tunnel Syndrome
  5. Multiple Personalities (I have a non-physical twin...)
  6. I managed to deal with my ADHAD, but it still comes and goes....
  7. Selective OCD! somethings bother me greatly while other things don't, it's mostly triggered by my keen sense of pattern recognition.
  8. My parents were step-siblings before they got married, so they're technically indirectly related; imagine the psyche treatments when I was a teen...
Edited by Xyphos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.