[1.8+] DebugStuff - (2020-06-29) See the hidden secrets of the game objects

sarbian

On 9/26/2016 at 0:40 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Woah! Do you think this still runs in 1.2 or would it need an update? - I'm going to test it on my install in a few.

I toyed with is a little in 1.2 so far, and it looks like it's still working well enough to look at the object hierarchy in parts at the very least. I didn't test log-dumping.

7 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

I toyed with is a little in 1.2 so far, and it looks like it's still working well enough to look at the object hierarchy in parts at the very least. I didn't test log-dumping.

It appears as though you can't show collision meshes either :L - I was hoping to use this mod to clear out some of the collision testing I was doing for hinges

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@sarbian You little mod helped me tremendously in my modding life. I learned quite a bunch of stuff by inspecting objects with your tool. Thank you very much!

There's one thing it doesn't cover though. It doesn't work in IVA... is it possible to let it inspect IVA objects as well? Many cockpits made by Squad and modders have clickable windows and passages which change the camera view. Would be nice if we could see those colliders.

This was new to me:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, ZuluDoggy said:

Tried d/l this today to help with a problem I'm having w/engine fairings.  Comes up as a blank page.  Is this still in existence? 

ZD

It downloads fine here.

35 minutes ago, ZuluDoggy said:

Tried d/l this today to help with a problem I'm having w/engine fairings.  Comes up as a blank page.  Is this still in existence? 

ZD

What browser are you using? In Crhome you can try pressing Shift-F5 to ignore cached content when reloading? Sometimes that helps. If not you might want to clear your Chrome Cache - I've had issues with this before.

@sarbian

I'm trying to use your code to display a wireframe for an entire vessel in flight.  I'd like to use this in KRASH.

In KRASH, I change a camera setting to get the wireframe, but it isn't as good as I like.

So I modified your code to draw the colliders for all parts in the current vessel, while it works, it has a very significant performance hit.

I'm assuming this is because the OnRenderObject is not doing any hiding, so it has to display everything?  

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance of it?

Here is the code I changed:

public void OnRenderObject()
        {
            if (showUI && currentDisplayedObject)
            {
                foreach (var p in FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.Parts)
                {
                    //var c = GetRootObject(p.gameObject);
                    DrawObjects(p.gameObject);
                }
            }
        }

I also noticed that it was still displaying the textures, under the wireframe, how can I stop that?

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@sarbian Would you be able to add Material.name underneath MeshFilters? It would be very helpful for building PartVariants.

hum, MeshFilter do not have a material. Material are in the renderer. I had a quick look at the material and their name where not changing with variants.

Can you explain you need a bit more ?

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

hum, MeshFilter do not have a material. Material are in the renderer. I had a quick look at the material and their name where not changing with variants.

Can you explain you need a bit more ?

for PartVariants, you can specify multiple materials to change:

TEXTURE {
	materialName = name
	_MainTex = path
}
TEXTURE {
	materialName = name2
	_MainTex = path2
}

and you're right, it's the MeshRenderer and SkinnedMeshRenderer that they are part of; sorry.

In most cases, the material name maches the mesh transform name, but not always.

Edited by Electrocutor

53 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

In most cases, the material name maches the mesh transform name, but not always.

Ok, this took some time because I could not figure out what I was seeing in game.

The only parts with materialName set are the fairings and I could not find the set value (FairingIconShell) in the hierarchy. It turns out the only place with the FairingIconShell is in the part list icon of the fairing. I don't get why this is set up like that...

Anyway here is a version that displays the materials and shaders name.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/DebugStuff/9/artifact/DebugStuff-1.5.1.0.zip

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.