Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

if the weather is too bad i hope that they will reschedule the launch and not just launch falcon 9 without even trying to land it like last time...

I really prefer the older dragon logo, the one with the wings. the new one is seriously meh if you ask me

I forgot on what website we can watch the stream... Can anyone please tell me ? thanks :)

EDIT : i think i found it, its on spacex webcast right ?

Edited by Hcube

if the weather is too bad i hope that they will reschedule the launch and not just launch falcon 9 without even trying to land it like last time...
SpaceX are contracted to supply the ISS. If it's safe to launch then they'll do so. What SpaceX want to do with the spent stages of their rocket should have no bearing on the contract.

Imagine if you were expecting a parcel on Tuesday and you were then told it would be delayed until Friday because UPS want to test a new brand of tyre, you'd be pretty cheesed off wouldn't you.

I forgot on what website we can watch the stream... Can anyone please tell me ? thanks :)

EDIT : i think i found it, its on spacex webcast right ?

As it's a NASA launch, it'll be on NASA TV.

SpaceX are contracted to supply the ISS. If it's safe to launch then they'll do so. What SpaceX want to do with the spent stages of their rocket should have no bearing on the contract.

Imagine if you were expecting a parcel on Tuesday and you were then told it would be delayed until Friday because UPS want to test a new brand of tyre, you'd be pretty cheesed off wouldn't you.

Well if the following conditions were met:

1) I was the one shipping and/or receiving parcel

2) I got a discount in shipping costs

3) In the event I was shipping the parcel, I also had approval from the receiver of said parcel

Then no, I would not mind having my parcel delayed while UPS (or whoever) decided to test out their new tire (or whatever). However it would have to be a good discount and a limit on the maximum delay.

I'm going to go ahead and call the launch scrubbed for the week due to weather. It's hideously nasty at the moment.

Yeah, it's not looking good. SpaceFlightNow is reporting that the "latest weather forecast issued this morning continues to indicate a 60 percent chance of acceptable conditions". So it's almost down to a coin flip.

Part of me wishes that its delayed so that I can get home and watch it in real time, but I would rather them just be able to land the darn thing in good weather.

Godspeed, rocket!

Same, I had to accept an offer to go see the 5th season of Game of Thrones premier on the big screen, and launch is 27 min before it ends. Worst case I'll excuse myself for 10 min to see the launch and find out about the landing.