Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

"we lost a lot of research..."

I believe the correct term is science.

This stream has weird stuttering for me, anybody else?

Research supplies, experiment materials... people put a lot of time into setting these things up, can't just go to the store to buy another. I feel for the researchers and students who were expecting their work to get to ISS.

I also noticed stream stuttering (NASA site) I stopped watching when it got to press questions. That usually just goes around in circles.

Edited by basic.syntax

Anyway, what's with Elon Musks Dr.Evil profile pic on twitter?

I think it may have something to do with a book about him where author wrote that he once told one of the employees to miss his child's birth because of a company meeting

Research supplies, experiment materials... people put a lot of time into setting these things up, can't just go to the store to buy another. I feel for the researchers and students who were expecting their work to get to ISS.

I also noticed stream stuttering (NASA site) I stopped watching when it got to press questions. That usually just goes around in circles.

It was just tongue-in-cheek about how KSP has got me thinking about things... everything is just 'science'.

I do feel bad for the setback, a lot of people's hard work, but I'm positive this will just make things better and safer going forward.

Feel really bad for those students.

Gwen confirms that all they know is there was an "over-pressurization event". Don't think we are going to get any more details then that.

NO DESTRUCT SIGNAL!!!!! Whatever caused the RUD was system bound, not a destruct sent from ground.

So if I'm correctly "reading between the lines" there won't be a September launch of the Dragon if SpaceX can't figure out what happened today.

Is that about right?

Depends on how long the investigation takes, I would expect SpaceX to start launching again as soon as the investigation is over.

If you can't find out whats wrong with the rocket, you don't fly the rocket.

I have no doubt that SpaceX will figure out the issue and correct it quite rapidly however.

I forget, was the issue with the Orbiter launch ever found/publicly released?

E/ "We have parts for a third IDA".

Edited by Wingman703

If you can't find out whats wrong with the rocket, you don't fly the rocket.

I have no doubt that SpaceX will figure out the issue and correct it quite rapidly however.

I forget, was the issue with the Orbiter launch ever found/publicly released?

I believe the old russian engines failed

If you mean the Antares failure, they narrowed it down to a turbopump issue. They couldn't get more precise than that, but they're replacing the entire engine model they use so they don't really need to.

It's a pity about that new docking ring they were sending up.

Falcon 9 still has a pretty good record.

Though the ISS isn't having much luck, with these last few missions all failing.

So I was partying yesterday evening, thinking you know that I would wake up to the news of Falcon's successful barge landing and such. Well, nope. Someone jinxed it. Who jinxed it? I blame you.