Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

I am worried that it will be a bit too windy for launch (and Landing).   But hopefully if they do launch it will land safely and then Blue Origin will not look that amazing (they are but suborbital is a lot less impressive than an orbital rocket)

57 minutes ago, B787_300 said:

I am worried that it will be a bit too windy for launch (and Landing).   But hopefully if they do launch it will land safely(...)

Imagine if it landed successfully only to have it blow over... I wonder how quickly (if at all) they'll get people out there to secure it?

I'd be surprised if they just left it standing until they could get it horizontal.

I highly doubt anything short of gale force winds could just 'blow over' a rocket. 
They are not exactly light, wet or dry, and the cross section is quite narrow and aerodynamic. 

Edited by Wingman703

9 minutes ago, Wingman703 said:

I highly doubt anything short of gale force winds could just 'blow over' a rocket. 
They are not exactly light, wet or dry, and the cross section is quite narrow and aerodynamic. 

We shall see tomorrow...  Hopefully.

guess that if it's windy enough to topple the booster, it would also exceed wind requirements for a standard launch too, which would scrub the launch (and as there's only a few minutes between launch and RTLS, the weather conditions until a crew can secure tge booster should not evolve that drastically :) (not without meteorologists predicting such a large change in wind speed for the hour following the launch)

16 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

Question: How far from the launch pad is the landing pad?

It would be so awesome if there was a static camera that could see the rocket go up and back down. I'm really hoping they have the same (or better) quality live stream they had for CRS-7.

Launch

landing

That didn't work like I thought it would...

dU1Udsj.jpg

Edited by Frybert