Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

When it first touched back down, I was a bit worried because it was still on fire at the bottom of the first stage.  Not sure what was burning, or how serious, but the first stage was still standing tall after 10 minutes on the ground.

On a related note, I failed in my picture taking adventure. Actually had a real clear view for about 4 seconds after it went over the tree line, by the time I had my camera on it though (I wasn't 100% on where to look because I've never watched a launch from there before) it was up into the clouds and just wouldn't show up. However I'm not quite a bit better prepared for next time (which will hopefully be at the cape anyway).

Edited by Frybert

"The goal is Mars, because no one wants to go back to Jakku." *facepalm* Did anyone else catch that?

I was fairly confident in this landing attempt, considering it almost made it last time, and that was on a barge in the ocean as opposed to the gigantic landing pad on land that was used this time. 

It's always kind of funny to watch them "explain" orbital mechanics to viewers when you actually know how it works. The way they describe vertical launch vs. orbital...

24 minutes ago, Halo_003 said:

That was SO AMAZING. I'm in Jacksonville, FL, and I got to see it from my yard. I saw it go up, watched the stream on my Surface tablet, and then watched it come back down through the clouds.

Wow that is very cool!