Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

3 hours ago, Kryten said:

The quotes are just blank, not broken as such. I had to post that (and the one above, sorry) because I can't find any way to delete quote boxes on android, and once I've deleted everything outside a quote box I can't select anything outside the quote box again. 

I should note the problem is with Google's 'Android' operating system, I'm definitely not an actual android. If anybody says anything otherwise they're a dirty liar.

I know it's OT and such, but I have the same issue with Google's Chrome browser as well.

1 minute ago, Falcon Coupe said:

I am able to delete quote boxes on my Android phone. To do this, tap on the title area of the quote box itself and you'll see some editing things around the edge of the box, then press the delete button on your keyboard. I hope this helps so you're no longer accused of being an android!

What keyboard do you use where you have access to a proper delete button?

Just now, Kryten said:

What keyboard do you use where you have access to a proper delete button?

Just the normal typing keyboard on my Galaxy S5, and its just the normal backspace button with the X in the middle. I also noticed that you can do the same thing in Chrome on Windows.

9 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

For spacex info, take a look at this amazing site: https://spacexstats.com/

That's pretty - thanks for the link!

I have to admit to chuckling at the 'launches from KSC' stat. Took me a second to parse that one correctly. :)

19 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

For spacex info, take a look at this amazing site: https://spacexstats.com/

As to the Merlin 1D success rate, wasn't there a Merlin failure on one of the first CRS flights? It caused the secondary payload to not reach orbit and burn up. Was that not a 1D? If that is the case, they should track all varieties because it seems misleading to put 100% up there.

1 hour ago, The Yellow Dart said:

As to the Merlin 1D success rate, wasn't there a Merlin failure on one of the first CRS flights? It caused the secondary payload to not reach orbit and burn up. Was that not a 1D? If that is the case, they should track all varieties because it seems misleading to put 100% up there.

No, that was a 1C I think

Edited by Steel

6 hours ago, The Yellow Dart said:

5 hours ago, Steel said:

No, that was a 1C I think

indeed it was a 1C

5 hours ago, Steel said:

"On October 7, 2012 a Merlin 1C (Engine No. 1) of the CRS-1 mission experienced an anomaly at T+00:01:20 which appears on CRS-1 launch video as a flash"

from the Wikipedia article on the Merlin family.

Bah, I really did mean to say C the first time around, I had been looking up the D engine though to make sure it didn't have any issues before I posted so that must have been on my mind when I typed it. I need to start getting more sleep.

My favorite from these kinds of guys are the following two:

If the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, why don't rockets go straight up?

and

Whenever I watch a rocket launch how come we never see the rocket leave the atmosphere?

23 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Dudes, calm down, it's all a fake... :D

I love how he claims that the landing is a launch in reverse. Then to demonstrate this, he shows us a reversed video of the landing, with the smoke accumulating around the rocket engine before it starts. Yeah !

3 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Damn it, sometimes I love "da innernet"............. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually believe what he said. I mean, its impossible right? Why does the speed exceed 20000kmph when the rocket is on the ground!? Were the people missing the landing and forgot to press the "stop" button!? 

Also, the april 8th landing was OBVIOUSLY fake just because it was different from the CRS-6 landing attempt. They must have overlooked that trying to "land" it!!

And was it even a landing? It looked way more realistic when the footage was reversed. It's clearly a launch. The smoke you see are just made of exploded apples and they are moving towards the rocket because they want to run away from the stupidity of mankind some people.

Conclusion: Fake.

Edited by Rdivine

Damn it, sometimes I love "da innernet"..

The reason the thrust vectoring is different between the two is simple
In the first landing, the landing failed, in the second the landing succeeded.

For every fact or theory there is a conspiracy that explains it . . . . . . some need more altered states of mind than others.

Careful everyone that stuff will drive you mad. A human can only take so much stupid before you get sick. Do what I should've done and ignore it. It's too late for me. I've already been drawn into the war against human de-evolution. Turn back while you still can! I'll see ya on the other side! I'm goin' in! YAAAAAAA!!!tumblr_inline_n52nqk6S5P1s2m7xu.gif

Edited by Motokid600

7 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Damn it, sometimes I love "da innernet"............. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last thing I would want to do is add to the view count of that nonsense.

Edited by Pipcard

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Careful everyone that stuff will drive you mad. A human can only take so much stupid before you get sick. Do what I should've done and ignore it. It's too late for me. I've already been drawn into the war against human de-evolution. Turn back while you still can! I'll see ya on the other side! I'm goin' in! YAAAAAAA!!!tumblr_inline_n52nqk6S5P1s2m7xu.gif

That looks eerily like the killer rabbit scene at the cave of AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

The video is funny, I had some comments in my response but removed them cause mods may not take lightly to them.
The narrators voice sounds like he just took a hit. 

Yep, MPatHG, like how many netizens are actually old enough to remember that?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

well, if you do view it, at least give it a thumbs-down

that actually increases the chances that youtube will show you it in your recommended feed

Edited by insert_name