Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

What are the sparklike objects that flew about the engine after cutoff?

That's pretty typical. Just bits of ice and such that were stuck to the stage by acceleration during the burn and are now free to float away.

21 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

*posts reply*

*5 new replies* (show replies)

*reads replies*

*writes post about new reply*

*you have 3 new replies* (show replies)

*adds more to said post*

*writes random text*

*realizes implications of landing*

*finally shuts up and posts*

Go Elon Musk!

And then the fun of clearing your email inbox of a couple hundred reply notifications...

I thought super synchronous meant they were boosting the satellite to a higher than geostationary orbit to reduce the delta-v for plane changes. The satellite then takes care of circularisation and altitude adjustments?

Gotta admit I was worried this would be another scrub but waaay happy to see another booster on a barge and even happier to see another payload going to the right orbit. That last part being the bit that pays the bills. :)

Also, they're getting a lot smoother with the sub-cooled propellants - looks like that isn't such a problem after all, contrary to some much expressed opinions on this thread....

That first stage reentry cam footage was quite something! I wish to see more of that in future launches.

Also, congrats on landing another stage, SpaceX!

Edited by Rthsom

5 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Btw, was this one of the "FULL POWAH" Falcon 9's?

Yep.  It's my understanding that the standard Falcon 9 1.1 has joined the 1.0 in the history books at this point.  All new cores being built are FT, either singly or with additional hardware for Falcon Heavy.

SpaceX is more kerbal than they've been letting on, instead of adding moar boosters they just add moar power.  I wonder why they keep editing the save file a bit at a time instead of just tweaking it to be OP all at once.