Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

IIRC there was a tongue-in-cheek explanation of this: first they give you a gentle reminder, then they give you a louder, less pleasant "buckle in or else", and then you get forcefully placed on the floor. By acceleration. But I doubt it would hurt you significantly. No worse than a fender-bender.

There's a week or two of training.

I was on a flight once and the overhead bins had not been closed as we rolled out from the terminal to the end of the runway (747), and the stews were already in their jump seats. Another American guy up and across the aisle from me made eye contact, and the two of us closed the bins in our section, on our side, he went forward, I went aft. The seated stewardesses then got the %^$#^%$ up and did their job for the rest of the aircraft. Airline was Royal Air Maroc. 

Given the junk piled in the bins (including ceramics) someone would have needed stitches otherwise, lol.

4 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

IIRC there was a tongue-in-cheek explanation of this: first they give you a gentle reminder, then they give you a louder, less pleasant "buckle in or else", and then you get forcefully placed on the floor. By acceleration. But I doubt it would hurt you significantly. No worse than a fender-bender.

There's a week or two of training.

Only two high g events first is parachute deployment, second is landing. 
It will be more like an slowly increasing g force as you brake because of air resistance. At this point you would no longer float around in 0 g and can just as well return to your seat. 
Even parachute deployment would not bee too rough and it will open well before touchdown so it would be plenty of time.

48 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

True, but there is still the chance that you could get hurt.

I'm sure they've got a solution already in mind.

Lawyers. 

Lots of lawyers. 

Kinda like that one scene in the Matrix, but instead of guns, they've got lawyers. 

3 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Only two high g events first is parachute deployment, second is landing. 
It will be more like an slowly increasing g force as you brake because of air resistance. At this point you would no lo

IIRC the website says reentry will get up around 5 Gs. 

Thay could be, er, unpleasant, if you're not lying down. 

11 minutes ago, Frybert said:

It appears the SpaceX, Orion, and Blue Origin threads have merged :mad:

So it appears.

Edit: just delete the monstrosity and start three new ones.

Edited by Green Baron

3 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Ouch. Is there any way to fix this?

The only two ways to undo it would be

1. Roll back the entire forum to the last backup before this happened (Sometime yesterday IIRC)
  2. Manually split 9,335 posts into the proper threads.

13 minutes ago, Frybert said:

It appears the SpaceX, Orion, and Blue Origin threads have merged :mad:

Why and how did this happen?
Oh well. This thread should be locked and new ones started.

Edited by _Augustus_

Man.  That's a yuuge disappointment.  We spent years creating the Orion thread.  A labor of love intended to show the long, incremental process of making a space project happen, and now it's been merged and renamed into another thread.  That's enough to make me not return to the KSP forum.

10 minutes ago, Aethon said:

Man.  That's a yuuge disappointment.  We spent years creating the Orion thread.  A labor of love intended to show the long, incremental process of making a space project happen, and now it's been merged and renamed into another thread.  That's enough to make me not return to the KSP forum.

Agreed. It's one thing for a bug like this to happen, but to lock any successor threads without a reason? Why?

Edited by _Augustus_

Just now, monstah said:

You're understandably upset, but isn't this a bit too drastic? :/ 

I agree. 

Oh, and also:

37 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Should I wait with creating a replacement SpaceX thread? Asking since @Skylon's attempt got locked. :) 

I'm very excited to make a SpaceX thread aren't I. :P