Aethon

Blue Origin Thread (merged)

1 minute ago, razark said:

So, will this one fly again, or go in a museum?

guess they will thoroughly disassemble it to check the health of the various components :). some of the engines might get reused if their health is deemed ok, but not until quite some time :)

Edited by sgt_flyer

That was amazing to watch!  Congratulations SpaceX and all involved!

1 minute ago, razark said:

So, will this one fly again, or go in a museum?

Speculation: They'll pull it apart to see what condition every single part is in, so they can work out what the costs of reusing it will be like.

Edited by softweir
Downgraded my emotional certainty to my speculation.
  • Like 1

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Finally at last!

Holy boop they landed! Whoohooo!!!

Rune. Kudos, a thousand times kudos, to everyone at SpaceX.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was SO AMAZING. I'm in Jacksonville, FL, and I got to see it from my yard. I saw it go up, watched the stream on my Surface tablet, and then watched it come back down through the clouds.

• Like 1

Can we get some replays up of that first stage landing? I know SpaceX will eventually release some HQ videos of it, but the stream version will suffice for now...

Got to watch it from the back yard here .....................<this close to tears. wow.............just wow.

• Like 2

Hey all!

I'm just going to leave this here as a discussion over SpaceX and its recent launch (and successful return) of the falcon 9. I'd just like to start it off by congratulating SpaceX on this tremendous feat, and wishing luck in the future.

-Barrrrry

Edited by Barrrrry

Anybody catch the artist of that song at the end? I only caught the title, "Flight"

Edit: Nevermind I got it. Test Shot Starfish.

Edited by The Yellow Dart