Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

Longer video (with better quality too) just posted by SpaceX!! Just look at it fighting to remain vertical (and yes, those are indeed the cold nitrogen thrusters at the end)!!

EDIT: video not public yet (and apparently taken down shortly after I posted), so I am removing the link. Let's hope they make it public very soon.

For those who did not see it: it was absolutely awesome! They were so, so close!

Edited by Meithan

Let's refrain from posting unlisted videos and anything else that appears leaked, alright?

Aaargh, I got carried away in my excitement and thought it'd be alright to post it since SpaceFlightNow shared it on Twitter. Sorry, deleting post!

I saw the video reported on spaceflightnow.com and it appeared official. How did you know it was leaked?

Wasn't aware of that. It was an unlisted video and SpaceX switched it to private very, very fast.

here's another video link, which is repertoried :)

but wow, the explosion might have caused more damage than last time to the drone landing platform. (as the rocket landed on a side, looks like an almost full body slam on the platform)

now, it's hard to say with the smoke if the rocket tilted or not towards the equipment boxes when it fell. like one spaceX engineer said, they falcon punched the drone ship :)

and that cold gas nitrogen RCS fighting to keep the rocket upright ! :P soo KSP :P

Edited by sgt_flyer

Incredible video. I didn't expect the crash to be so dramatic.

Can we expect video from the barge itself? ( and audio )

Elon Musk suggested on Twitter yesterday that they would release the barge video after the ASDS gets back to port, which should happen in the next 24 hours or so.

This was SO close. I wanted it to land, but I'm sort of glad since I told a bunch of friends that the day it lands, party at my house, and it was a school and work night. June 19th is a Friday, so even with a scrub and a 2d chance, I can have a better party if they nail it.

Blocked here in the US as well, a quick google tells me that SME is Sony Music entertainment. So basically copyright infringement of Uptown Funk.

Parody's are protected so it should be a false claim, it might have been a bot that flagged it.