[1.1] Spacetackle's K.I.E Fighter mod 1.1k

spacetackle

On 7/3/2016 at 0:10 AM, Brainpop14 said:

Sounds good. And I think you also need to re-model the interceptor wings.

Nah the wings are intentionally flat at the back. They are supposed to be a re-imagining / reverse engineered version of the actual tie fighters. That's why the pylons, the engine and the cockpit glass are all different too. 

That being said, it isn't very hard to make a variation, so I could do that.

But I am making bomber wings and bomber body parts to click onto the cockpit ATM :) also an additional thin pylon with batteries for the Tie. 

The hatch/cover panels are now docking ports too. (which was originally the plan but .... I forgot to add in the code... lol)

Anyway update is close, should be out this weekend :)

Thanks for the reference pics :wink: 

• 3 weeks later...

I recently posted a request for exactly this and now just tripped over it on CKAN! Awesome work and I can't wait to see what's next! I would love to see the Imperial Star Destroyer and Tantive IV!

Edited by cubinator

On 8/10/2016 at 6:54 AM, cubinator said:

I recently posted a request for exactly this and now just tripped over it on CKAN! Awesome work and I can't wait to see what's next! I would love to see the Imperial Star Destroyer and Tantive IV!

Thanks mate! Glad you are enjoying it! I definitely have more additions planned soon, mostly to the K.I.E Fighter but also an X-wing :)

On 7/22/2016 at 10:30 AM, Brainpop14 said:

Any more progress to report?

Starting back on it today. Sorry I have had the perfect storm of UNI assignments & family events, so my planned update had to be pushed back, Though rest assured I am working on it now and will have a release out in the next fortnight :) -

new update It will have:

New Interceptor wings,

A tie bomber hull/cockpit,

tie bomber wings, 

Darth vaders hull - this will attach to the existing cockpit.

New smaller and original star wars like arms - (even though I made my own variation - I think it will be cool to have more authentic arms of the fighter 

new batter module

and a new docking port

fixed shaders on the current interceptor wings ( I broke it last update, hence they look an odd colour... woops )

* these are all additions to the current pack so current parts will remain.

** surprise parts :P

On 7/15/2016 at 6:38 PM, rafat abubreak said:

http://imgur.com/a/Tg49B  new one arrived i am wetting for new parts :D https://kerbalx.com/rafat_abubreak/RAB-Spacetackles-KIE-mix-with-B9 to download the craft and try it :D:D

This is really cool! I will have to fly it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 10:33 PM, spacetackle said:

NEW FANCY SHMANCY INTERCEPTOR WINGS, as requested. :)

Qgbykie.png

610IyiE.png

fT3gvkw.png

Holy scramoly.

I love this mod, and I am glad 1.2 is being made/released, especially since a number of my favorite craft utilize KIE fighter engines.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.