"Recover Vessel" KSP Survival Story [Part XI: "The Derelict Mine"]

ZooNamedGames

27 minutes ago, Nahim said:

Well. When you need to "put it out", come and write one more chapter.

No one here are trying to force you to write. You must do what you want to do.

When your heart is ready just let it go.

Or try perhaps... To change the story model into something that amuses you more... Kerbal is na humoristc game not na harsh survivor game you know...

Well the model is what I've been wanting to write for sometime. Granted it's shifted drastically from my original ideas, but that's what happens.

The good news is this chapter is slightly shorter, but it has led to a rather easy point to return. The story has already made itself, I just need to write it. I plan to have it maybe Monday? Whenever.

After living incorrectly under Mission Reports for so long, the series has been moved to Fan Works where it belongs. (Thanks @sal_vager !)

In other news due to the delay of "the project", I may continue to release more episodes to bridge the gap. Depends, you guys let me know! :) I expect to finally see more attention now that this is in the proper place.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 6 Now Released!

Due the project being delayed even further, I plan to return to my weekly release plan from before. Expect a new release every Monday. I also apologize for this episode being so short, but to make up for it, I plan to release a mega episode on Monday to get the series up and running fully again. So I hope you'll join Jabe as she makes her way home!

• 2 weeks later...

After several delays on my part and lack of interest in the community I am discontinuing this series. I feel if no one is reading, then there's no point to write. If you WANT to hear more then please let me know. I do have other ideas, so if you want something new, I can oblige.

29 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

After several delays on my part and lack of interest in the community I am discontinuing this series. I feel if no one is reading, then there's no point to write. If you WANT to hear more then please let me know. I do have other ideas, so if you want something new, I can oblige.

Well, that's unfortunate. Personally I really like stories that have more photos, and I was actually reading this, but if you feel that way, it's probably better to stop. If you have some ideas feel free to share because I would love to see some more stories.

DMSP.

7 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Well, that's unfortunate. Personally I really like stories that have more photos, and I was actually reading this, but if you feel that way, it's probably better to stop. If you have some ideas feel free to share because I would love to see some more stories.

DMSP.

I'll write, but I just haven't seen any feedback so I don't know if I should. If I see positive feedback that in itself will surely drive my desire to continue to write.

27 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'll write, but I just haven't seen any feedback so I don't know if I should. If I see positive feedback that in itself will surely drive my desire to continue to write.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've shut down a story because of that and then one other partially because of that. It sucks. I think most people just look, and don't even bother to give a like or comment.

I'll be looking out for this, good luck!

5 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've shut down a story because of that and then one other partially because of that. It sucks. I think most people just look, and don't even bother to give a like or comment.

I'll be looking out for this, good luck!

I wish I could at least know how much of the story they read, like in Youtube and how it tells how much of the video they watch. It would let me know where the story lacks interest.

I might revive it, and just in case people want it to be, I'll leave the thread open until then.

36 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I wish I could at least know how much of the story they read, like in Youtube and how it tells how much of the video they watch. It would let me know where the story lacks interest.

I might revive it, and just in case people want it to be, I'll leave the thread open until then.

Yeah, that would be great. You would always be able to improve the story. That would really be cool.

I guess the only way to do it would be to post the chapters individually (but still in the thread, of course), and see which post gets the most likes.

1 minute ago, DMSP said:

Yeah, that would be great. You would always be able to improve the story. That would really be cool.

I guess the only way to do it would be to post the chapters individually (but still in the thread, of course), and see which post gets the most likes.

That would work but then you run into the issue which you mentioned above which people only pop in for a few moments and leave without a comment nor a like given. Ultimately we need statistics, not likes. Seeing as people don't seem to give them to stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Something in me is driving me to want to fire my creative side, so I am going to revive this story and continue to tell of Jabe's tale as she heads onwards to home.

However I want readers to please provide feedback about the story so I can know what I'm doing write and wrong.

Also if anyone with cinematic skills/experience is reading this, please let me know as I may have some use for them should they be willing!

Just caught up with this now. I really liked the letter to Ariel - nice bit of world building and historical aside!

Just a quick thought if you're doing an overhaul anyway - you could maybe do each chapter in a separate post and put in a chapter list ( with links ) at the start. Lets people give you more than one like for your story. :wink:

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Just caught up with this now. I really liked the letter to Ariel - nice bit of world building and historical aside!

Just a quick thought if you're doing an overhaul anyway - you could maybe do each chapter in a separate post and put in a chapter list ( with links ) at the start. Lets people give you more than one like for your story. :wink:

Ok, but where do I put the rest? They're all in one place atm. Make a new thread?

Nope - just add them to the end of this thread. :) Make a backup of the entire post somewhere then when you're overhauling Chapter 1, just delete everything after the end of that chapter. Re-post the subsequent chapters (on this thread) one at a time once you're done overhauling them. 

11 hours ago, KSK said:

Nope - just add them to the end of this thread. :) Make a backup of the entire post somewhere then when you're overhauling Chapter 1, just delete everything after the end of that chapter. Re-post the subsequent chapters (on this thread) one at a time once you're done overhauling them. 

Well the overhaul is really just grammar and changing out the first part :/ the rest will remain for the most part, untouched.

I'm beginning part VIII now, I will post when completed so keep a close eye.

Also, if someone can tell me what's special about 3 of the 4 brothers mentioned in part VII, I will rep your next 10 posts or something :P:) , but seriously- can you find out what's special about them? :wink: 

Due to recurring aggravation coming from the creation of this series, I'm going to leave this behind and stop working on it. I may consider picking up that side series should I feel that there's sufficient demand and desire for it. I'll also start a series on Doctor Who and mini fan fiction series based on The Angry Video Game Nerd. I'll make a thread under The Lounge when I have enough work to debut and leave a link to the folder which will contain all my works.

With that- So long Jabe. We never know where you are or where you went. All we can do is know that your adventures were bold, although short. Goodbye old friend.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Grumble grumble grumble...

Something in my head is causing me to procrastinate my other projects whilst I continue to draw more ideas for this story. So despite my previous comment to end this series, I am going to painfully (like being dragged over shattered glass) continue this series. So for the lurkers out there who enjoy reading this, great news! There will be more parts coming! Granted the majority will be unaware of this development and this entire posts and all updates to the OP will go unnoticed. Expect a release by 1am EDT or earlier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.