[1.3.1][v1.2]PanzerLabs Improved Resource Converters

JohnnyPanzer

GrPGlzf.jpg

This is a very simple mod that allows for ISRUs to convert fuel without the need for external fuel tanks. I understand that there are snippets of MM code floating around out there that performs this very task, and I'm sure some of those are much more streamlined than mine, but I am releasing this mod anyway, since there are players out there with little to no experience using Module Manager. Downloading and installing a mod can be trying enough for some users, but it's still easier than writing a patch.

What does it do?

As stated above, it makes it so that the Resource Converters are able to convert fuel from ore being mined even if there are no ore tanks present on the craft. It does this by adding a very small storage capacity to all parts with a resource converter module using ore as an input. Converters will only be able to store a maximum of one unit of ore, so once you leave the surface you'll no longer be able to keep converting fuel. This is to avoid exploits.

Why would I need that?

It's perfect for science hoppers for example. Those types of crafts are not buildt to provide a stockpile, and the mining is not the main focus of them. They only have converters and harvesters to be able to refuel, and as such the demand to include external ore tanks becomes a pain in the behind.

Does it work with 1.3.1?

Yup.

Did you make this all on your own? Are you a master coder?

Not really and not at all. I know some basic python and that is about it. This is a very simple mod, and I still had to recieve some help to make the code more stable. This was provided by Snark, helpful as always.

License

This work is licensed under the WTFPL license, which can be found here: WTFPL 

What this means is that you can do whatever you'd like with it. Change it. Sell it. Eat it. Distribute it. Yell at it. Knock yourself out, but do note that:

This work is also distributed along with Module Manager, as permitted by the license of that particular work. This is a separate piece of work with it's own license. Credit (and a deep gratitude) for Module Manager goes to it's original creator ialdabaoth as well as to the current caretaker of the project, sarbian. The forum thread for the original release can be found here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/28844-020-modulemanager-13-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs/#post528607

Download Links:

SpaceDock

Source Code

Uhm, I'm not sure, but the fact that the only code written is available through the .cfg should suffice, right?

Change Log

-Included MiniAVC support

-Included support for Decal Stickers

-Changed folder structure

-Updated version number for KSP 1.3.1

-Added Module Manager to the zip archive, because like a bafoon I forgot it during the original upload. Doh!

-Initial Release

Edited by JohnnyPanzer
Build update

Awesome I love it. Pics:

Launch is later today to tomorrow.

Awesome!

Will post Pics of launch.

Edit 2: Will that's the best I can do with the pics if anyone could tell me how to do it better please do.

Edited by kerbalstar

1 hour ago, kerbalstar said:

Awesome I love it. Pics:

View post on imgur.com

Launch is later today to tomorrow.

Awesome!

Will post Pics of launch.

Edit 2: Will that's the best I can do with the pics if anyone could tell me how to do it better please do.

To the right of the album you should have a link called "share link". Copy the last part of that link (for example, if the link is http://imgur.com/a/ETvyR then copy the ETvyR) and then click the little imgur button at the top right of your post window here, it's called imgur album, and paste the copied link into that. Post again if you still have trouble and I'll post some images of what buttons I mean.

I'm glad to hear you liked it. :)

3 minutes ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

Looking good! :)

What's the idea behind those angled docking ports. Ballast?

It's a skycrane.:cool: Thanks. Also look at the name of the three kerbal craft in the later pics after the skycrane. Also I would've edited out edit two in my picture post but post editing is broken. Again awesome mod!:cool: 

On 2016-04-05 at 10:16 PM, kerbalstar said:

It's a skycrane.:cool: Thanks. Also look at the name of the three kerbal craft in the later pics after the skycrane. Also I would've edited out edit two in my picture post but post editing is broken. Again awesome mod!:cool: 

Haha, Panzer One, I like it. :) 

Sorry @JohnnyPanzer but do to another mod scrambling my savegame no pics of launch, maybe tomorrow. 

No need to apologize, I assure you. :)

Edited by JohnnyPanzer

• 1 year later...

New build is up. Nothing major, the old build should've worked with 1.3.1, but I've made some changes in the folder structure as part of another mod update.

Changelog:

-=::::::\1.2/::::::=-

-Included MiniAVC support

-Included support for Decal Stickers

-Changed folder structure

-Updated version number for KSP 1.3.1

If it uses the regular converter module, it should be compatible. It's possible that patching order needs to be changed on my end, since this mod basically looks for any part with a converter module and then patches it. If Stockalike Mining Expansion loads after this mod, it wont get patched. I'll look into it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.