Im looking for a Mod or a way

Dipstick58

I'm currently building a Two Stage Space plane that is based off SpaceShipTwo (The Virgin corporations space plane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceShipTwo) And I'm wondering is there a mod or away to have something or Kerbals control the First stage plane after I detach the second stage (Rocket propelled) Plane into Orbit. I have tried placing Kerbals into the seats of the other commands on the Stage 1 plane, but as soon as I launch my second plane the first does a complete flip like it lost all control. Ive tried to design around this and doesn't seem possible unless something one or thing is controlling it.  I think MechJeb would work, but it doesn't seem to work for me right now with 1.1. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry, but the answer is no. As far as i know, there is no way to consecutively control two independent crafts. There is a mod that lets one craft copy the maneuvers made by the leading (controlled directly by the player) craft. But i don't think it is what are you looking for.

There was a mod for 1.0.5 that enabled you to freeze a craft in atmospheric flight and pick up later right where you left off. I think it's called atmospheric parking or sthg similar. I doubt that it has been updated to 1.1 though.

3 hours ago, Bomaye said:

Or you can make a space plane With cargo like this (v.1.0.4):

wcdv6Xz.jpg

I could, but I was looking at the Spaceshiptwo and though it would be a cool build to tinker with when I got mad at not being able to dock properly yet.try after try, just cant get the orbits to match close enough

28 minutes ago, Dipstick58 said:

I could, but I was looking at the Spaceshiptwo and though it would be a cool build to tinker with when I got mad at not being able to dock properly yet.try after try, just cant get the orbits to match close enough

Yeah sure, and I think if you use the scramjet engines and then fly into space, you have time to both circulirize the orbiter and to fly back with the lifter in stock KSP. I just found it as easy to make the "White Knight" a SSTO with 180t cargo capacity so I could be creative with the cargo. Anyway, all these ways will work, and I think I will make an insane airbreather when 1.1 launch just because of fun :)

There *IS* a way for you to do this, but not by yourself.
if you use Dark Multiplayer mod, someone else can fly the plane while you fly the other vessel.
currently, there's no way for you to control two vessels at the same time.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:58 PM, jhousen said:

might be what you are looking for...

edit: not sure if it'll work with 1.1

This is probably what the OP wants

After you detach you put it into orbit and then the mod allows you to 'revert' back to the plane where you can land it at your leisure and then go back to your payload which went into orbit.  Scott Manley did a vdieo featuring this mod and stage recovery mod and he explains it alot better than I can

Someone with air-launch experience, how feasible is it to loft your rocket stage enough that you can safely land before you need to bother yourself with the circularization burn? That is, the rocket punts itself above 23 km before it has a chance to despawn, and you land while it coasts to a high apoapsis? Would smartparts, kOS, or MechJeb help with the rocket boost burn?

I remember in the past it's been possible to loft stages via rocket booster such that you could ride the booster down and recover it before circularizing, but it's also much easier to get rockets above 23 km than jets, and you typically parachute those, not fly back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.