Small radial decoupler

Seriously, we need this. The other radial decouplers are too large for smaller probes, as all of the other decouplers took gigantic compared to a probe. Something the size of a cubic octagonal  strut would work. But I guess using the 0.625m stack decoupler with a cubic octagonal strut (to creat an attachment point)will have to do . I think tweakscale works, but something in vanilla would be better. Or does someone have other workarounds?

I think RLA stockalike has small radial decouplers, but I don't know of any other ways to get them.

Edit: Sorry, it's actually Modular Rocket Systems. I can never tell them apart when thinking of parts.

Edited by spacebrick3

It is a good idea.

The problem of the current radial decouplers to use in small probes is not the size of these decouplers, is the propulsion caused by decoupling. And sometimes this is problematic, because a accurate fly is required in satellites and similar.

Add small radial decouplers that does not cause nothing force of decoupling (a thing like magnetic decouplers) could be very useful.

Edited by Angeltxilon

5 hours ago, spacebrick3 said:

I think RLA stockalike has small radial decouplers, but I don't know of any other ways to get them.

Edit: Sorry, it's actually Modular Rocket Systems. I can never tell them apart when thinking of parts.

RLA and MSR are cool (might download them once), and untill more parts are added to the game, I guess we'll have to resort to mods :(.

Edited by Coeus
Typo's

Yeah, a mini radial decoupler would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Angeltxilon said:

It is a good idea.

The problem of the current radial decouplers to use in small probes is not the size of these decouplers, is the propulsion caused by decoupling. And sometimes this is problematic, because a accurate fly is required in satellites and similar.

Add small radial decouplers that does not cause nothing force of decoupling (a thing like magnetic decouplers) could be very useful.

You know you can set the ejection force on any decoupler from 0 to 100%, right ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.