[Bug](not sure) Drill o Matic not properly clipping into ground

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to see if this was a reported issue or not, I searched but couldn't find any reports.

Problem: the drills seem to start to clip through the ground as intended when they deploy But, after say 3ft under they seem to encounter a solid as if they aren't clipping though anymore.

I'm wondering if its one of those 'ingame invisi walls' to stop things falling though the world?

I used Hyperedit to move the base to another location on the Mun but had the same result.

In 1.05 I don't remember this happening, has the item changed that you have to attach higher up?

Items used on the drill module are:

3x structural fuselage. 2x clampotron. 12x m-1x1 structural panel. 6x radiator panel sml. 6x radiator panel (edge). 3x thermal control system (medium). 6x drill-o-matic.

Not Deployed drills

http://i.imgur.com/ocgZaQZ.png

Deployed drills

http://i.imgur.com/UKDMvkZ.png

I had mods installed initially. I uninstalled them (except mechjeb as it is the only one attached to the modules anyway)

Details.

KSP ver (copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program)

build id = 01183
2016.04.02 at 03:20:46 CEST
Branch: prerelease

PC: Win7 sp1 64-bit

8G ram

Intel i7 [email protected]

Nvid Geforce GTX 760

let me know if its intended please so I can remove the module and relaunch a revised module, thanks.

I decided to raise the drills higher and there isn't any problem anymore.

[MODS] if its intended then u can by all means discard this post and delete it.

Edited by C04L
additional results

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.