The forgoten part

Madscientist16180

On 4/4/2016 at 5:40 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

I'm pretty sure you can use the EVA jetpack to get back to the hatch on Duna. It's a slow lift, but doable. Unless you're loaded down with KIS parts, but you can just drop those.

I can verify this, I have a Duna mission about 3 days from LKO and the only ladders are the ones that are integral to the parts.

You can accelerate slightly faster than Duna gravity with a jet pack, so I just jump towards my port and use the jet pack to maintain speed/manuver, very similar to how I re-enter the cockpit on the Mun(on Minmus I don't jump as that sends me too high too fast)

As far as what I forget: lights, especially landing lights.

This is why I like the Engine lighting mod, it makes my engine plume give off light, letting me see my night time landing zones even when I forget lights. 

Edited by Terwin

On April 4, 2016 at 2:38 AM, 5thHorseman said:

My big forget it the opposite: I forget to REMOVE RCS fuel from command pods. My missions are never quite so well planned as for it to matter, but it still bugs me.

I also frequently forget batteries, so much so that I've actually gotten quite good at conserving power. :)

To avoid the mono prop issue, I edit the cfg files so that my pods have empty mono prop containers. KSP updates the mass properly, so you're still playing like stock (I haven't checked if it updates the cost correctly).

For power, all my deep space missions have a tetrahedron of small solar panels. 20kg mass, four parts, guarantees you have power unless you're in the night.

With three panels, I've too often found my spacecraft stuck with three panels all pointing perpendicular to the bright sun -- which takes a good month to fix.

usually I don't forget to place parts, but often I do accidentally time-warp before deploying solar panels.

I learned to compensate for this fact by adding an RTG, either on or near the main command module.

Edited by Xyphos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.