[1.3.1] [v1.1.1] PanzerLabs AeroSpace K-Sat Series

JohnnyPanzer

1xkELLX.jpg

This mod provides the player with a new line of probe models called the K-Sat series, with integrated power (storage and generation) as well as buildt in antennas. It is usable in stock KSP, but it truly shines when used alongside Remote Tech, where the buildt in antennas can be put to good use.

Alongside the probe cores the K-Sat series also includes some accessories, such as structural pylons, fuel tanks, stand-alone antennas and science equipment. It also comes with a brand new engine made specifically with satellites in mind.

All parts are balanced to work equally well in all game modes. The probe cores may seem a bit costly in career, but the cost is taking the nuclear generated power into account and is actually a bit low compared to the stock nuclear generator when measured against charge per second. Mass has been calculated by comparing all integrated functions to stock parts.

Download the mod here:

SpaceDock

-=::::::::v::::::::=-

So how does it work?

Just use the parts provided to build satellites. The upside compared to stock probes is that all K-Sat probes come with integrated power storage and generation and buildt in antennas. In a stock game the antennas are regular data transmitters, but when used with Remote Tech the K-Sat probes will provide several options for building various com networks. You can also use the new engine to get a bit moire Dv for your satellites, as it is has a very high Isp in vacuum, and you have a selection of structural pylons to choose from. If you so choose, you can also equip your satellites with the new inline science part that comes with all four sensors buildt into one. The K-Sat Series also includes a fuel tank, a stand-alone dish and an inline battery bank capable of storing 500 units of electrical charge.

Can it be used in KSP 1.3.1?

Yes. It also supports Remote Tech version 1.8.9

I think part A should do thing B instead!

Balancing the gameplay has been trying since I have done it alone. Input and suggestions are therefore very welcome, please post your thought and I will take them into consideration for the next build.

I found a bug!

Good. Please share it in a post below, and I will look into it.

Pics or it didn't happen

Imgur Album

Installation

1. Locate your gamedata folder in your KSP installation. For example, if you are a Steam user it should be something like Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData

2. Double click on the downloaded zip file (PzL_Ksat_1.1.zip) to open it up.

3. Drag and drop the folder named 'PanzerLabs' into your GameData directory.

4. If asked, allow windows to overwrite content (In case you have other PanzerLabs mods installed)

5. Drag and drop 'ModuleManager.3.0.1.dll' into your GameData directory.

6. Have a Gin & Tonic and enjoy the game.

License

This work uses the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. For a full legal text, go to: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode

This means that you can:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

This work is distributed along with Module Manager, as permitted by the license of that
particular work. Credit (and a deep gratitude) for Module Manager goes to it's original creator 
ialdabaoth as well as to the current caretaker of the project, sarbian. The forum thread for the
original release can be found here:

This work provides support for the mod Decal Stickers, as permitted by the license of that
particular work. Decal Stickers was created by blackheart612 and can be found here:

This work provides support for version checking through MiniAVC, as permitted by the license of that
particular work. For more information on MiniAVC:

Changelog

-Fixed a typo that lowered the cost of the LO-242 by almost 75%.

-Included MiniAVC support

-Included support for Decal Stickers

-Updated all antennas for KSP 1.3.1

-Updated the MM patch for Remote Tech 1.8.9

-Changed folder structure

-Changed category for the inline battery, from Utility to Electrical

-Made the small dish (PzL-COM D1) physicsless

-K-Sat PzL-BB 888
    *Added "Marble" to the name
    *Added internal launch antenna
    *Added hibernation option
    *Added KerbNet access
    *Changed RT omni range to 2.5Mm

-K-Sat PzL-LO 242
    *Now allows surface attachments (on it, not with it)
    *Added "Lancelot" to the name
    *Added KerbNet access
    *Changed RT integrated omni range to 150km

-K-Sat PzL-LO 1138
    *Added "Cobra" to the name
    *Added KerbNet access
    *Changed RT dish range to 90Mm

-K-Sat PzL-LO 1142
    *Added "Crabhead" to the name
    *Added KerbNet access
    *Changed RT dish range to 50Gm

-Lowered the heat production of LFE-808 "Bolt" by a significant amount.
It should no longer cause critical overheating of parts attached to it.

-Changed the name of the tripod girder from "K-Sat Structural Support A" 
to the correct "K-Sat Structural Support C".

-Changed the description of the tripod to differentiate it more from the regular structural support.

-Added cross feed toggles for all Structural Supports.

-Initial Release.

Edited by JohnnyPanzer
Patch update

I hope everyone is enjoying the mod so far, I've been getting more downloads than I ever thought I would. :D Let me know if there's anything you don't like or if you have some questions.

Anyway, I figured I'd share some quick screens of the next parts to be added. I finished modelling them tonight and I hope to be able to UV map and texture them sometime during the week. It's two more dishes, meant to fill the gap in available ranges. The smaller one will have a range of 25Gm and a cone of perhaps 0.5 degrees, hard to tell the cone angle before I've tested it. The larger one will have a range of 90Gm and maybe a cone of 0.03 degrees.

Both have been scaled to fit on the tripod girder and still allow usage of fairings. Using the 2.5m fairing is possible if you can live with a small bulge, and with the 3.75m fairing you can build straight up. This is what they look like in their current, raw state:

Hey there! I just downloaded your parts pack and had a rummage through the configs (loading up the game as we speak to check them out, but takes a while, so I figured I start my response): in short, I like what you're selling (so to speak)! You're visual style is very different than most other probes out there, and I rather like it (and your logo art too, and the display on T1000); not sure how to describe it, but it has a more "industrial" look too it, while not straying too far from stock. Very cool.

If you're open to some constructive criticism (and this comes from just reading the configs, I'll update accordingly when I get to the VAB)...? If not, that's cool, and you can skip this next part.:wink:

• The download includes two copies (different versions though) of module manager. I think one is for the 1.1 release though? You probably mention this somewhere in a readme, or in the OP. Yup you do. Nevermind!
  • Your girders specifically mention fuel cross feeds, yet all of them lack the snippet "fuelCrossFeed = true". If you wanted to get extra fancy, you could add in the fuelcrossfeed module, like so:
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
        crossfeedStatus = true
        toggleEditor = true
        toggleFlight = true
    }

Just make sure the crossfeedStatus and fuelCrossFeed agree (if you include them both).

• A good overall selection of parts; most people do just engines and fuel tanks (Gods, it's always more fuel tanks), but you've covered a lot of bases here. Nice.
  • Pricing. Expensive stuff! Although, there seems to be a consistency to your pricing (main/big parts are expensive, accessories less so), so perhaps that's a brand decision? It might be that I'm a cheap skate (I am) and used to being stuck in early career games (I am), but 17k for a probe core seems a lot. Granted, you do get a lot of bang for your buck (feature wise), so maybe that's what PanzerLabs stands for: quality products at premium pricing. Nothing wrong with that. Your accessories (communications equipment, batteries, etc) seem in line with stock and mods.
  • Your 888 Probe has a ModuleSAS with "SASServiceLevel = 0" ...is that intentional? If you want to disable it, why not just remove it? Because as it stands, I think the player (at least with TweakableEverything) can just manually raise it to whatever level in the VAB.

Game has finished loading, off to the VAB with me. Good show!

--edit--

After tooling around in the VAB a bit, I have to say, my favorites are the 888 probe and the T1000 Probe, especially the 888. (Just a word on the T1000 display: I had a chuckle, but I think it'll cause you some grief down the road. My 2 cents.) Now to figure out what to build with them...

--edit2--

The bolt engine doesn't have a particle effect; I believe that's because it's missing "runningEffectName". I believe the effect name in question is "running" (so "runningEffectName = running" might do the trick, untested though). I have the sound effect, just not particle. It also overheats incredibly quickly (and actually just blew up on me in the space of writing this) before even finishing the small fuel tank that fits in the cubby hole of the 888.

Edited by Deimos Rast

Great feedback, Thank you very much!

I'm currently on the phone at work, but I'll write a longer reply when I get back. For now I'll just say that a hotfix seem to be in order. Heat output on the engine was just meant to make the player sweat a little, but I never tested it on the 888. The convex engine compartment must suck up all the heat like crazy. I'll lower it to safe levels.

As for the effects,  that a bit weird. The code has worked throughout development, but perhaps I forgot to Edit the path to the Maps? I'll look into it tonight, but untill then you could check the filepath. I did Edit the folder structure just prior to release, maybe I packed the (unedited) test build by mistake?

Again, great feedback and I'll give a more detailed reply tonight.

Yeah the engine heat is 1200, where stock srbs put out 550 iirc. The file path looked fine i thought; strange that i had working running audio; could be the wrong fx bundled? Seems unlikely, but only idea i have atm. Anyway, i hate to say it but i gutted the poor engine and stuck an lv909 in there as a placeholder:D. I need something for the glamour shots, you know?

--edit--

Figured out the engine issue: user error. I've been doing this all day, not sure why this slipped my mind, but I moved your parts to a different directory so "PanzerLabs/Ksat/FX/FX_Lightning_01" that the particle effects point to no longer works, but your "mesh = model.mu" still does. Sorry about that. Probably time to call it a night. Ciao.

Edited by Deimos Rast

Version 1.0 is now up on SpaceDock: Download

Changes made:

-Lowered the heat production of LFE-808 "Bolt" by a significant amount.
It should no longer cause critical overheating of parts attached to it.

-Changed the name of the tripod girder from "K-Sat Structural Support A" 
to the correct "K-Sat Structural Support C".

-Changed the description of the tripod to differentiate it more from the regular structural support.

-Added cross feed toggles for all Structural Supports.

@Deimos Rast Now that the kids are asleep I have some time to formulate a better reply to your superb feedback.

So first off, we have the cross feed thing, which is pretty simple. While making the parts I noticed that it was set to true by default, so I never bothered to look around for the right module. To be honest, I didn't even know you could toggle it on and off, I've never used that function. It's now included in the latest build though, so thank you very much for the tip. :)

I'm glad you liked my selection of parts. I did indeed try to focus on a small but wide selection, instead of a zillion variations of the same basic part. I myself have noticed that whenever I download a part pack with many variations of the same type of part, I tend to think it's cool at first but then I get sick of how it's cluttering up my part list and in the end I'll delete the mod. With this mod I am trying to fill in some minor gaps in Remote Tech's selection, as well as create some interesting design possibilities. My end goal is for the user NOT to use the exact same combination of parts each time, but rather find new and interesting ways to combine a very basic part list depending on his or her specific needs. I hope to move closer to this goal when I release the last antennas.

Now, the pricing is a bit interesting. As you have noticed, it's not random, and my design philosophy has indeed been to make expensive parts of high quality. However, they are currently rather cheap compared to stock, and it's all down to one part: The Stock Nuclear Generator.

What I did for each probe was to create a spreadsheet where I added up both the mass and the cost for all integrated functions, using values from the stock/RT parts. For things like the probe core, reaction wheels and antennas it was easy enough, and the cost was still pretty low. Even too low in my opinion. But then I had to add the cost for energy storage and production. For the integrated battery banks I simply calculated the average stock mass/price per unit of charge stored. For the integrated Nuclear Generators I used the stock generator to calculate the mass/cost per 0.01c/s generated. Once I added all of that up each probe would have a ”dry” mass and cost. I then used a final multiplier to be able to easily fudge the mass/cost up or down as I playtested it.

Currently, I use a multiplier of 0.9 for the cost and 1.2 for the mass. So again, the thing that drives up the price is the power generation. I'm waiting for more input on the prices, but it's possible (perhaps even likely) that I'll adjust the price multiplier to something like 0.75 in the future. I want to stay close to stock in order to avoid making the probes overpowered, but at the same time I'm thinking that the insane price for the stock generator is not simply due to it generating infinite power, but rather that it generates so damn much of it. So the much lower power generation of my probes should perhaps not follow a linear price scale. Time will tell. As for the other parts, I simply took the closest matching stock/RT part and raised the price by a small percentage.

Regarding the SAS, the 888 should have SAS, but none of the lockable options. I simply assumed (such an ugly word) that setting it to zero was the way to go. However, looking at the stock Octo, it would appear that I should simply leave that line of code out of the module. just like you said. Or are you saying that the 888 does NOT have SAS available at all on your end? That's one of the things I never looked for in my career save, and in sandbox it would appear that they all have all holds unlocked at all times.

Anyway, thank you again for the input. As I have stated before, I'm not an actual coder, so I'm doing everything by trial and error and by looking at the code available in the game. I learn something new for each part I make, and perhaps one day I'll be able to code from memory, but for now I'm very much dependant on feedback to evolve. :)

So we have the module sas right, with the subfield SASServiceLevel = #. You don't need to include it, but then I think it defaults to 0, which I think is just stability assist (not sure). The issue here is that I have Tweakable Everything mod (although this might be stock behavior for all I know), which I think makes it so you can adjust the SAS level at will in the VAB, so effectively SASServiceLevel just sets the default level of the SAS, not a hard limit (which was my understanding of its intention, but I could be wrong). The checking the wiki just now makes me even more confused, "defines the required level of building development for each different SAS capabilities (markers on the nav ball). " All I know is a level of 1 makes it default to 1, but I can change it in the VAB. Your mileage may vary.

I'm currently futzing around with the 3 excellent mini sat's: (henceforth re-named Eny, Meany, and Miny.) Small point: a lot of your parts, but these three in particular, share large parts of their name, which can be kind of confusing. Obviously with the girders, calling them Girders ABC doesn't matter much (and they look pretty distinctive), but the satellites share a pretty common look (as they probably should), well, you get what I'm getting at. The bonus obviously is that all your parts are grouped together, but I think in 1.1 there is the new tagging system, so that shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Speaking of these satellites, brings me to RemoteTech, which I use. I never had the opportunity to combine both types of antenna before in one module (I've done both SPU before though). However, looking at your patch, and having just read the wiki, I see a potential issue. The RT wiki states under the sections for Mode0DishRange, Mode1DishRange & Mode0OmniRange, Mode1OmniRange not to mix with the opposite (Omni with Dish and vice versa):

• Do not use together (Mode0OmniRange, Mode1OmniRange in this case) with Mode*DishRange, as unexpected behavior may result.

Two out of the three RT probes patches do what I think is exactly that, but it might work for all I know:

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
    {
        %Mode0OmniRange = 0
        %Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 50000000

You could just chop out the Omni Range (assuming you want it to be a dish) ones and it should be fine.

Interesting you went to that length for cost balancing. I usually just type in random numbers depending on how cheap I'm feeling, heh. I would say you could raise the cost on the accessories a tad, as long as they're within shot of stock and still retain some selling feature (at least, that's how I like to rebalance part packs). For example, the 888 Probe, or what I'm now calling the NOMAD Series, I focused on the included generator and made him super energy efficient (but sluggish), for long distance missions. That's the concept at least.

One final question, as this is getting quite long: where do you see this part pack going from here? You mentioned Remote Tech and filling in gaps, which is cool, since I love that mod. Other part packs to maybe check out that sort of fill a similar niche of modular satellite are: the BoxSat mod, the MicroSat mod and the CubeSat mod. If you're open to suggestions on parts: I've already mentioned my dislike of more fueltanks (although ones that fit niches are cool) and everyone does engines...maybe some solar panels or other energy generation? If you want to go crazy and go for nuclear power/ micro rtg there are a lot of options available, depending on if you want to use plugins, but that's a whole different conversation:P

Cheers

Edited by Deimos Rast
links

So we have the module sas right, with the subfield SASServiceLevel = #. You don't need to include it, but then I think it defaults to 0, which I think is just stability assist (not sure). The issue here is that I have Tweakable Everything mod (although this might be stock behavior for all I know), which I think makes it so you can adjust the SAS level at will in the VAB, so effectively SASServiceLevel just sets the default level of the SAS, not a hard limit (which was my understanding of its intention, but I could be wrong). The checking the wiki just now makes me even more confused, "defines the required level of building development for each different SAS capabilities (markers on the nav ball). " All I know is a level of 1 makes it default to 1, but I can change it in the VAB. Your mileage may vary.

Correct, level 0 just gives you the stability assist. As you mention, it seems to default to zero and the stock way of handling it is to leave the line out. However, I'm not sure what I'll do with it, because I never even considered Tweakables. To be honest, I had no particular hard coding in mind, so I might leave the line in there specifically to allow Tweakable useres to tweak it. I don't mind users tweaking the .cfg files to fit their playstyle, so I have no issues with them using Tweakable to do the exact same thing. It's their game, I'm just glad someone is using my parts. :)

I'm currently futzing around with the 3 excellent mini sat's: (henceforth re-named Eeny, Meeny, and Miny.) Small point: a lot of your parts, but these three in particular, share large parts of their name, which can be kind of confusing. Obviously with the girders, calling them Girders ABC doesn't matter much (and they look pretty distinctive), but the satellites share a pretty common look (as they probably should), well, you get what I'm getting at. The bonus obviously is that all your parts are grouped together, but I think in 1.1 there is the new tagging system, so that shouldn't be as much of an issue.

As you say, it's much less of an issue in 1.1. The search bar picks them up and it is one of the reasons I've tried to include the term "K-Sat" in each part. With that said, for v1.1 I'm adding some nicknames. PzL-BB 888 "Marble", PzL-LO 242 "Lancelot", PzL-LO 1138 "Cobra" and PzL-LO 1142 "Crab". And v1.0 added a better (in my opinion) description for the tripod girder, as well as the correct name for it.

Speaking of these satellites, brings me to RemoteTech, which I use. I never had the opportunity to combine both types of antenna before in one module (I've done both SPU before though). However, looking at your patch, and having just read the wiki, I see a potential issue. The RT wiki states under the sections for Mode0DishRange, Mode1DishRange & Mode0OmniRange, Mode1OmniRange not to mix with the opposite (Omni with Dish and vice versa):

• Do not use together (Mode0OmniRange, Mode1OmniRange in this case) with Mode*DishRange, as unexpected behavior may result.

Yeah, I've seen that, but I have yet to encounter any issues in my testing networks. If people experience bugs, I'll patch out the Omnis, but it would be a shame. The whole idea is to allow for the probe cores to serve as the foundation for a particular network, and then have niche parts that can be added to the cores, so I kinda want the omnis in there. My original intent was to add even more dishes to each probe, but that didn't pan out and now I'm glad it didn't. I think the options available to the user are much more interesting as the probe cores stand. A side note here is that the maxQ line has been commented out, as you may have noticed. It turned out that having the antenna break due to atmospheric pressure caused all sorts of game breaking bugs when the antenna WAS the root part. I've tried to reference various transforms and/or mesh objects to make parts of the probes snap off during flight, leaving the actual probe core intact, but I've been unable to get it to work. So for now, all probes can be deployed in the atmosphere, but it's a good idea not to because they are HELLISH to fly with while deployed. :D The 1142 in particular is just a drag magnet and will make most rockets flip unless it's folded up nice and neatly.

One final question, as this is getting quite long: where do you see this part pack going from here? You mentioned Remote Tech and filling in gaps, which is cool, since I love that mod. Other part packs to maybe check out that sort of fill a similar niche of modular satellite are: the BoxSat mod, the MicroSat mod and the CubeSat mod. If you're open to suggestions on parts: I've already mentioned my dislike of more fueltanks (although ones that fit niches are cool) and everyone does engines...maybe some solar panels or other energy generation? If you want to go crazy and go for nuclear power/ micro rtg there are a lot of options available, depending on if you want to use plugins, but that's a whole different conversation:P

Well, much like you I don't like part redundancy, so I'm not going to extend the K-Sat series much further. I have two more dishes in the works (pics a few posts above), and I am finishing the concept stage for a neat looking radially attached probe core, because I know that's something that's sorely lacking in stock. Apart from that I might add one more inline battery bank (2000 charge) and maybe a set of solar panels. I feel that the stock panels cover most bases, but if nothing else I'd like to try it out since it would help me grow as a modder.

After that I think I'll focus on other part packs. I have plans for a line of products geared towards sky cranes, and another for rovers. Both would be modular in nature, but they are currently just flickers of light in my neural pathways, so we'll see what happens.

The new dishes are now UV-mapped and I have begun work on the textures.

I am also mostly done modeling a new radially attached probe core. It animates to toggle between size 0 and size 1 cylinders and is reasonably aerodynamic. It will need some testing, but I'm thinking it's a good candidate for being physicsless. As all other K-Sat cores it will have integrated power, but I don't think it'll include more than a launch omni as far as RT antennas go. Here are some WIP screens:

1 minute ago, Enceos said:

Meow! Grabbing :3

I really love that you put some though into balancing the parts and write RT configs 

Thank you! Let me know if you have some feedback once you've tried it out. I am particulary intrested in bugs regarding the RT parts of the mod, as I have yet to encounter any "unexpected behaviour" from having both dishes and omnis on the the same .cfg, but as stated a few posts above it is not supported according to the RT wiki.

As a side note, I just discovered an unexpected use for the 888 probe as I was testing career in the 1.1 build (unmodded): It's great for tourist rockets. It's unlocked at the same time as the Stayputnik, but having SAS makes all the difference, so for a brief period during early career, it makes it soooo much easier to shuttle tourists back and forth without having to sacrifice one seat for a pilot.

19 hours ago, Tahib said:

Nice mod! Please bring this to ckan. (guide: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN#spacedock-guide )

congratulations to modding monday!

I ticked the 'add to CKAN' option when I uploaded the mod, but I'll have a look at the link you provided this weekend as I prepare the next update. CKAN support is a given, I very much intend to have it and even thought I allready did. Thanks for the heads up. :) 

46 minutes ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

I ticked the 'add to CKAN' option when I uploaded the mod, but I'll have a look at the link you provided this weekend as I prepare the next update. CKAN support is a given, I very much intend to have it and even thought I allready did. Thanks for the heads up. :) 

The automatic CKAN thing for Spacedock isn't fully working yet. It will get added eventually once someone gets to it manually but you could speed it up a bit if you get in touch with one of the NetKan people.

Edited by CobaltWolf

I can't believe nobody else mentioned the similarity between the bb-888 and bb8 from Star Wars. I like it, but i find myself wanting the actual droid

While i'm here, a "bb8 droid" would be a must download for me.

Edited by Violent Jeb

29 minutes ago, Violent Jeb said:

I can't believe nobody else mentioned the similarity between the bb-888 and bb8 from Star Wars. I like it, but i find myself wanting the actual droid

While i'm here, a "bb8 droid" would be a must download for me.

I think someone mentioned it in the modding monday thread as well. For a while I thought about adding a science experiment that would have a lighter pop out and give you a thumbs up, but I think it would become messy considering the probe is made for surface attachments.

In other news I noticed that RT is now updated for 1.1 but I have yet to try it out (time limitations), so I have no idea if anything got broken with the update. I'll look into that as I prepare for the next update to K-Sat. I hope to be able to get that out during the weekend, but I can't promise anything. It'll add two more dishes and a radial probe core (WIP images in posts above) as well as whatever bug fixes are needed for RT compatibility and CKAN support. 

8 minutes ago, xandertifft54321 said:

OK so for some reason it wont let deploy the antenna and when i use a experiment it says "no trasmeter on vessel" its applys for the probe attenas and the radial one.

All probe cores or just one model? Are you using 1.0.5 or 1.1? With or without Remote Tech?

Anyone else having this problem?

I'll check it out, but if it's version 1.1, I have yet to bug test the latest version of Remote Tech, I've been too busy with private stuff so I have no idea how my mod works with the latest code there. This is one of the things I plan to update this weekend, time permitting.

5 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

All probe cores or just one model? Are you using 1.0.5 or 1.1? With or without Remote Tech?

Anyone else having this problem?

I'll check it out, but if it's version 1.1, I have yet to bug test the latest version of Remote Tech, I've been too busy with private stuff so I have no idea how my mod works with the latest code there. This is one of the things I plan to update this weekend, time permitting.

all cores, 1.0.5 and without RM

Okay, I'm unable to reproduce this at all. A few google searches shows others with similar problems, but it would appear that there could be any number of causes. It could be another mod causing it, or a KSP bug, or bad placement of the cores/antennas. It could also be a bug in my mod, but as stated I am unable to reproduce it so I'd be very interested if anyone else is having this issue.

If you build nothing but a probe core, a structural support and one science goo container and then launch that to the launch pad, do you still get the same issue? Just for trouble shooting. Otherwise, here are some things that I'd look into:

• Is the antenna/probe core obstructed in some way, for example by clipping?
  • Is it drained of power for some reason?
  • Have you tried moving all other mods to a backup folder to see if one of those could be the cause?
  • Is the antenna/probe core inside a fairing?

If you have a craft file available that you know experience this bug, I could try it out on my end and see if I can reproduce using that.

only core, right click, "deploy", nothing. Nada, NONE. No message, nothing in "alt-f12" just wont deploy,

tried the goo, did not work.

it would take literal weeks to test every mod*.

No faring, should not need power in VAB but i added a rtg (modded) and did not work sooooooo.......

* i have "700" ish un-instaled mods sooo....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.