[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

30 minutes ago, YargJay9991 said:

Ok how's this look? 

2aaNs.png

And here's the badge

2aaNr.png

And a smaller version

2aaNu.png

I can make it smaller if need be.

Also, let me know if you want me to change anything.

Hope you like them! 

YargJay9991

Do me a favour for a second there, and replace the blue thing with a moustache.

1 minute ago, YargJay9991 said:

It's not supposed to be one... But now you mention it..............

close. can you modernize the wings to not be so curvy? on second glance it look uh.. feminine. heh. :)  everything else, style, and colors, perfect.

Edited by inigma

19 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Do me a favour for a second there, and replace the blue thing with a moustache.

Like this?

2aaRP.png

Just now, inigma said:

close. can you modernize the wings to not be so curvy? on second glance it look uh.. feminine. heh. :)  everything else, style, and colors, perfect.

Yeah good idea. That would look a bit nicer! :) I'll give it a go. g2g out soon so I'll do it this arvo.

7 hours ago, CommanderCoye said:

I am also submitting my backup contestant - the K2 Bullet.

I'm still going to die.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BznEolcLuLIlbmRDblU5UXB0TnM

One entry per person. Do you want to add this as as second craft on your current entry?

6 hours ago, xKage21x said:

Question. Can I use rescaling mod for any parts.

no. stock and BDArmory only.

With all these craft change updates, I'm of half a mind of forcing everyone to submit their craft to KerbalX (you can update your craft on KerbalX to the latest versions really easily) and I can just reference the KerbalX download link in the OP. All this OP editing is getting to be a bit much. heh. With KerbalX, all you have to do is replace your current craft with a new file (drag drop) to update it on the fly. Thoughts?  I'm a big fan of KerbalX as well, and really think having KerbalX hosted ASC competitor files would be the best way to go... and to make it easy to find all craft ever submitted to the ASC without me having to keep a running library. :)

Edited by inigma

@inigma 

8 minutes ago, inigma said:

With all these craft change updates, I'm of half a mind of forcing everyone to submit their craft to KerbalX (you can update your craft on KerbalX to the latest versions really easily) and I can just reference the KerbalX download link in the OP. All this OP editing is getting to be a bit much. heh. With KerbalX, all you have to do is replace your current craft with a new file (drag drop) to update it on the fly. Thoughts?  I'm a big fan of KerbalX as well, and really think having KerbalX hosted ASC competitor files would be the best way to go... and to make it easy to find all craft ever submitted to the ASC without me having to keep a running library. :)

I think that should make things much easier, we could probably create a hanger group for this comp too. Only think that could be an issue is discrepancies in how updated the crafts are. Which shouldn't be a big problem if you grab them from KerbalX right before the match.

I'm currently trying to select some previous Kf series jets for this challenge (one of them was very manoeuvrable), and creating a Kf-6. More updates soon.

I'm thinking of improving and using my Kf-5, also. It dodged an AMRAAM in every single dogfight I've done with it, after all (something my other jets cannot do well). I'll just need to get it to avoid heatseekers.

Edited by Matuchkin

@inigma I've uploaded both of my fighters to kerbalx, so you'll only need to update the OP one last time :D. Just make sure to re-download my fighters before running my match, and warn me when you're gonna do it.

F/A/B-41 Taurus: https://kerbalx.com/drtricky/FAB-41-Taurus-competition2

LY-41 Taurus: https://kerbalx.com/drtricky/LY-41-Taurus-competition2

P.S: Yep, the LY-41 Taurus has been updated. It now contains flares to ward off close-range sidewinders, and has a reduced mass of exactly 58 tons.

Edited by drtricky

updated OP entry requirements from this point forward to require KerbalX or Dropbox only download links. :)  currently listed craft are exempted.

KerbalX hangar link: https://kerbalx.com/hangars/7430  feel free to add your submissions there after posting about them here in the thread.

7 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@inigma I've uploaded both of my fighters to kerbalx, so you'll only need to update the OP one last time :D. Just make sure to re-download my fighters before running my match, and warn me when you're gonna do it.

F/A/B-41 Taurus: https://kerbalx.com/drtricky/FAB-41-Taurus-competition2

LY-41 Taurus: https://kerbalx.com/drtricky/LY-41-Taurus-competition2

P.S: Yep, the LY-41 Taurus has been updated. It now contains flares to ward off close-range sidewinders, and has a reduced mass of exactly 58 tons.

added to OP and ASC hangar!

Edited by inigma

31 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

So I'm making a plane for this. Is the ECM Jammer effective? It doesn't seem to enable in "Guard Mode" unless I manually turn it on. Thoughts?

The AI indeed does not activate jammers on its own, you need to right click and activate each one at the beginning of a fight, or set a hotkey that toggles all of them. I'll let someone else say whether they're effective or not, as my experience with them may not be a very valid one.

@inigma Question: Knowing that there are evidently a lot of bugs and balance issues in this version of BDA, what will happen to the leaderboard if a new version of BDA is released that introduces balance changes, for example, less effective AIM-120s?

Edited by drtricky

46 minutes ago, drtricky said:

The AI indeed does not activate jammers on its own, you need to right click and activate each one at the beginning of a fight, or set a hotkey that toggles all of them. I'll let someone else say whether they're effective or not, as my experience with them may not be a very valid one.

@inigma Question: Knowing that there are evidently a lot of bugs and balance issues in this version of BDA, what will happen to the leaderboard if a new version of BDA is released that introduces balance changes, for example, less effective AIM-120s?

Currently I enable ECM for all contestants manually since this is a bug in BDA.

Radically different competitive changes will have the current leaderboard memorialized in a ASC Series I list, and a new ASC Series II thread starting a new line of succession.  The host will then select the first two craft to vye for the title (he has privy to enter his own as a first match contender if so desired).

Quick question: On this particular rule:

No restrictions on AI, Weapons Manager, or Missile Manager settings

Would a customized setting in the save file (i.e. speed or AI adjustments that would different in it's range of adjustment that the normal BDArmoury GUI would have) for the AI be allowed or would that violate the rule?

OK, here is my entry.

The VulcaRaptor X.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulcaRaptor-X

I set up a virgin KSP install with the list of required mods and tested against several other ships, including the current leader Redshift OTFStealth Weasel

Won 2 out of 3, and then 3 out of 5 consecutive matches.

Video uploading now.

Edited by g00bd0g

Ok, I think I've got it...

2abcC.png

And the badge

2abcR.png

Let me know if there's anything else... I may make the texture on the wings a bit more pronounced but I think it still works. :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

5 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Can you colour it brown, and make it more... umm...

"puffy"?

Apparently puffy doesn't happen in photoshop. But here it is! :D

2abd7.png

ASC like a boss!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.