[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

9 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Sure! Though...does that not even resemble a plane to you? :D

heh.

btw, I took 3 of your boxes vs 2 of my modified Doves and 1 VulcaRaptor... and it was an intense round. In the end your boxes lost 2 planes, damaged the raptor, and your third plane ran out of fuel. not invincible, as you said, but wow. highly maneuverable.  but still, for an ASC-M style ASC-II, I think we should look for planes. I'll add it to the entry reqs.

5 minutes ago, inigma said:

but still, for an ASC-M style ASC-II, I think we should look for planes. I'll add it to the entry reqs.

So...does that mean you don't think the box looks like a plane?

1 minute ago, drtricky said:

So...does that mean you don't think the box looks like a plane?

if i got hit on the head, and looked through a mist, it probably would, but no.

4 hours ago, inigma said:

Jammers are not turned on by AI. So add them to your staging action group.

I like cinnamon bagels.

hahaa. I like asiago cheese bagels.

Regarding jammers, I think is better to use the SAS action, that way it will switch on when Competition Start button is pressed ( AI module activate).

But I have concerns too regarding the effectiveness of ECM Jammers. I will like to see something like Battlefield jet fights you have to wait around 5 sec to lock someone with ECMs switch on. I'm thinking that maybe ECM are not meant to be always active?

12 hours ago, inigma said:

Also, this is why I wanted to limit parts to 80.

Would you be ok then with a rule stating that an entry must look like a plane?

No...

I must seem like Negative Nelly to all of you, but I don't think this is a good idea, either.

This is Kerbal Space Program. I've made weirder things than @drtricky's box-plane fly. Besides, that limits the number of innovations, again, which I'm never for.

17 hours ago, The_Mad_Emu said:

@inigma im starting construction on my ww1 fighter can i have a basic run down of the rules. or is it like no jet, only 50cal guns, must be biplanes

Speaking of which....

screenshot13_3.png

Which one of you "Princesses" wants to go up against the infamous Red Baron and his Fokker DR-1? :cool:

Who wants to be the next Billy Bishop?  ^_^

Baron Manfred von Richthofen is waiting.......his trigger finger is itchy.....who is going to be his 81st? :D

Edited by GDJ

I also had an idea, what about a division with odd-looking craft?  Take my Dragon for example:

418944e4370f54e7af534225e7cea913.jpg

(Skyrim in KSP!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAH, This thing will Fus Ro Dah you into Oblivion, see what I did there?  lol)

Yeah I'm a fan of Elder Scrolls, sue me heh

Edit: Also the AI always makes the one launching toward the mountains crash for some reason...

Edited by Draconiator

10 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

I also had an idea, what about a division with odd-looking craft?  Take my Dragon for example:

418944e4370f54e7af534225e7cea913.jpg

(Skyrim in KSP!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAH, This thing will Fus Ro Dah you into Oblivion, see what I did there?  lol)

Yeah I'm a fan of Elder Scrolls, sue me heh

Edit: Also the AI always makes the one launching toward the mountains crash for some reason...

hahahahhaaha nice! I like it Is totally crazy. 

58 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Speaking of which....

screenshot13_3.png

Which one of you "Princesses" wants to go up against the infamous Red Baron and his Fokker DR-1? :cool:

Who wants to be the next Billy Bishop?  ^_^

Baron Manfred von Richthofen is waiting.......his trigger finger is itchy.....who is going to be his 81st? :D

You know, I'm distantly related to Billy Bishop.

Is that all Firespitter parts?

16 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

You know, I'm distantly related to Billy Bishop.

Is that all Firespitter parts?

Cool! 

As for Firespitter parts, yes except for the engine. That's a KAX. The Firespitter engines don't work with BD's AI. Turns them off when they should be on. Weird. STX's prop engines are more powerful again and they work well with BD's AI.

Firespitter does work in 1.05 fairly well and in 1.1.2 with the right plugin....except for the landing gear (it's still all kraken'd up).

Actually the plane is fairly period accurate. Similar maneuverability despite being too heavy and a bit overpowered, but it all balanced out well. It's a bit faster than the real life Fokker DR-1, but at 95 m/s in a dive it simulates it well enough to be a WWI fighter.

With a pair of BD .50 cal Brownings, it's pretty deadly. A worthy plane for the Baron to call his own.

Edited by GDJ

2 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Is anyone offended if I run test matches against posted entries and put the vids on youtube? I don't want to subvert the main contest or anything.

It would be pretty fun to watch, Can you run my revised craft? It's not going to be one shotted this time :)

https://kerbalx.com/xoknight/Yak-41-Super-Camel

To end the debate on what defines a plane, how about we ban clipping lifting/control surfaces inside fuselages. And I'm referring to the type where 99% of its surfaces are inside a empty fuselage.

Edited by drtricky

51 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Is anyone offended if I run test matches against posted entries and put the vids on youtube? I don't want to subvert the main contest or anything.

I'd like to see a video of how this monster I made fares before it (most likely) gets banned. It doesn't have rails, but its BDA part count should be within legal limits assuming 2 AIM-120's per rail.

Edited by drtricky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.