[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

1 minute ago, inigma said:

Final ASC-II rules also posted. Missiles do NOT have to be mounted on rails - but the craft does have to have rails to account for them.

What's the final verdict on rotary rails then? Do we count each individual mount point?

3 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

What's the final verdict on rotary rails then? Do we count each individual mount point?

We count each individual rail on the rotary (and players must state how many rails per rotary are in their submission), but now that missiles can be mounted anywhere, it only makes sense to treat them with the same missiles per rail counting as standard rails.  Bear in mind that since I manage the roster, I'll be doing most of the original qualification work. You guys as match hosts just have to be aware if you see anything suspicious on the crafts you are matching.

Edited by inigma

Just now, inigma said:

We count each individual rail, but now that missiles can be mounted anywhere, it only makes sense to treat them with the same missiles per rail counting as standard rails. 

So, 6 AIM-9s on a rack would be the same as 3 AIM-9s on two separate rails?

2 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

So, 6 AIM-9s on a rack would be the same as 3 AIM-9s on two separate rails?

how many rails does the rotary have? would require min 2 for 6 AIM 9s, so thus 8 parts. 3 AIM 9s on 2 rails is 5 parts.

6 AIM 9s on 2 rails is 8 parts

6 AIM 9s in a bay with a rotary set to 2 rails is also 8 parts.

Edited by inigma

how many rails does the rotary have? would require min 2 for 6 AIM 9s, so thus 8 parts. 3 AIM 9s on 2 rails is 5 parts.

6 AIM 9s on 2 rails is 8 parts

6 AIM 9s in a bay with a rotary set to 2 rails is also 8 parts.

Yes but, the rack is literally (not figuratively) unable to mount more missiles than rails. I'm saying that 3 rails is identical to 1 standard rail, 6 rails is 2 standard rails, etc. It's description even says to only mount 1 missile per rail.

3 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Yes but, the rack is literally (not figuratively) unable to mount more missiles than rails. I'm saying that 3 rails is identical to 1 standard rail, 6 rails is 2 standard rails, etc. It's description even says to only mount 1 missile per rail.

I understand.  So how should we count a rotary? 2 parts? and then require missiles to be mounted on rails only?

Edited by inigma

Just now, inigma said:

I understand.  So how should we count a rotary? 2 parts? and then require missiles to be mounted on rails only?

Yes, precisely. This does only work if it's limited to 6 rails, because the max is 8. 

1 minute ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Yes, precisely. This does only work if it's limited to 6 rails, because the max is 8. 

I'll go with that.  OP rules updated.

All missiles must be mounted to a rail.

3 AIM 9s per rail max

2 missiles of all other types, per rail max.

Rotary bomb rails must be limited to a max of 6 rails.

Rotary bomb rails are counted as 2 BDA parts for purpose of BDA part count limit.

Edited by inigma

.3 parts per rail, rounding up to the nearest whole number, and missiles on rails only.

Quick! Someone submit a craft before g00bd0g does... I do NOT want to fight his VulcaRaptors. :P   j/k  I designed the Battle Dove to be a VulcaRaptor antidote. :wink:

More things changed then I anticipated. This means I will need to completely redesign the fighter. Mainly so it looks like an actual fighter. 

Edited by gag09

59 minutes ago, inigma said:

Quick! Someone submit a craft before g00bd0g does... I do NOT want to fight his VulcaRaptors. :P   j/k  I designed the Battle Dove to be a VulcaRaptor antidote. :wink:

I'm trying! The evil AI from ASC-I remains though, and one fighter always gets bombarded by all 12 AMRAAMS.

4 minutes ago, Jollyfellow said:

They seem the same....

Strange, I have an aircraft that used to be able to make ridiculously sharp turns without stalling, and now when it turns, it loses so much speed it stalls.

Just now, drtricky said:

Strange, I have an aircraft that used to be able to make ridiculously sharp turns without stalling, and now when it turns, it loses so much speed it stalls.

It could have something to do with the adjustable limits on control surfaces now. Too high, and they'll start acting like airbrakes.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

How did it go? I want to know who to test against.

29 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

It could have something to do with the adjustable limits on control surfaces now. Too high, and they'll start acting like airbrakes.

This helped, but it still stalls much easier than normal. It is still unable to maintain extremely tight turns.

Edited by drtricky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.