[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

31 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Huh, seems the laser meta is finally broken.

I'm gonna combat test my Su-47 for now, then maybe get it here. I think the new rules really made the competition more realistic and plane-based instead of AIM-120 spamming.

I'll leave it here for now: XF-3 Thunder. Staging activates engines, ECM and autopilot.

Aw man, I was going to enter a Berkut too... :P

34 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Huh, seems the laser meta is finally broken.

I'm gonna combat test my Su-47 for now, then maybe get it here. I think the new rules really made the competition more realistic and plane-based instead of AIM-120 spamming.

I'll leave it here for now: XF-3 Thunder. Staging activates engines, ECM and autopilot.

Okay, I'm looking through the parts on your craft, and it appears you have 21 BDA parts. I can't really recommend what part you should remove, just look into it.

4 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Okay, I'm looking through the parts on your craft, and it appears you have 21 BDA parts. I can't really recommend what part you should remove, just look into it.

Oh, forgot to take the radome into account when numbering the parts. I'm going to modify it asap.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

3 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

hmmm....Inigma, all your plane seems to do is missile spam.  I mean look at this mess -

75ca92350867c051e2ccb1b3db4d9bf4.png

how do you even break through that screen?

lol. u play dodgeball. but then you have to face their guns. and their speed. and their small form factor.  tough buggers. on par with the upcoming VulcaRaptors they will soon face.

Edited by inigma

Could we put a limit on AMRAAM and Sidewinder numbers, @inigma? Otherwise, missile spam just seems to be an obvious winner, replacing the laser turrets before. The F-15 goes out with either a 6-2 or 4-4 120/9 loadout, and that's one of the heavier fighters, while the Dove, which seems to be an F-16, goes out with 6xAIM-120. 

My suggestion would be a loadout per engine. Each separate (clipped doesn't count) engine allows for, say, 2x AIM-9 and 2xAIM-120 missiles. This would ease missile spam quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Could we put a limit on AMRAAM and Sidewinder numbers, @inigma? Otherwise, missile spam just seems to be an obvious winner, replacing the laser turrets before. The F-15 goes out with either a 6-2 or 4-4 120/9 loadout, and that's one of the heavier fighters, while the Dove, which seems to be an F-16, goes out with 6xAIM-120. 

My suggestion would be a loadout per engine. Each separate (clipped doesn't count) engine allows for, say, 2x AIM-9 and 2xAIM-120 missiles. This would ease missile spam quite a bit.

Probably. But then again, the matches have already started. Good feedback for ASC-V though. 

I redesigned the stock Dove to be on par with the VulcaRaptors. They use 6 120s, so I had to design it to handle the same. Worked out rather killer.  I see ASC-II battles will have two phases: missile spam and dodging, and then gunfighting. In all my tests with the VulcaRaptors, if one side or the other didn't get lucky with wiping out one or two of the other teams' fighters with missiles, it was all down to the gun fight.  To win in ASC-II you must have a plane that can dodge missiles reasonably.

9 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

You know what might actually work better for ASC-V? A tonnage, in-game cost, total part count of 80 or less, and BDA part limit of 15 or less.

Edited by inigma

4 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

I went for a Berkut because my Hornet and MiG-29/Su-33 weren't maneuverable enough. And my EA-18's 4 ECM pods didn't do a thing against the AMRAAM spam. 

Yeah, I started with a Berkut and made a couple varients, but they were quite slow, so I tried making some F22s, but those just flopped around everywhere... So I'm back to Berkuts.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

You know what might actually work better for ASC-V? A tonnage, in-game cost, total part count of 80 or less, and BDA part limit of 15 or less.

Maybe choose 2 of those things? And I don't think that 80 parts is reasonable. I mean, you could go that low, but if you want any aesthetics (which we all know makes things work better)...

Also, for the next round, it might make sense to not count the Weapons Manager and Autopilot in the part counts. Everybody is using them (and the same amount, too).

Also, does anyone know if the ALG are working yet?

Edited by Dman979

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

My laser boats were able to eliminate all the AIM-120 missiles fired from the old vultraptor in ASC-1, and I'm fairly sure you remember how many missiles it had. Hell, the only reason I lost was because the AI currently only targets missiles if set to target missiles only, and lady luck decided to **** me and not make them respond when their partners were being fired upon.

9 hours ago, inigma said:

OP update to Match Rules: all seats on a craft will be filled. Yes. Kerbals weigh, so be sure to account for that when testing. :)

Not when in the capsules, only when in seats.

KSP: ASC SERIES II. King of the Hill inigma VS g00bd0g (Round 1 and 2)

Extreme combat of these two powerful planes!

Note: I've found that scatterer is not working properly with Camera Tools in 1.1 (ocean layer..)

@inigmaGreat match! Phew, barely pulled that one out. I've made some subtle AI tweaks that should help in the future :)

@jrodriguez Thanks for running the match. Though it looks like you got some strange graphics issues, including damage effects when firing missiles, and weird compression artifacts at the end of video 2.

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

I'm gonna call mine the Gorbachev, because its probably going to keep me up there for a tiny period of time before completely falling apart.

Fighter Plane Gorbachev, if you seek wins, if you seek prosperity for Matuchkin and the Forums, if you seek the Crown, come here to this airstrip. Gorbachev, take off from this airstrip. Mr. Gorbachev, shoot down this plane!

2 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

@inigmaGreat match! Phew, barely pulled that one out. I've made some subtle AI tweaks that should help in the future :)

@jrodriguez Thanks for running the match. Though it looks like you got some strange graphics issues, including damage effects when firing missiles, and weird compression artifacts at the end of video 2.

Good match! Congrats!

16 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Fighter Plane Gorbachev, if you seek wins, if you seek prosperity for Matuchkin and the Forums, if you seek the Crown, come here to this airstrip. Gorbachev, take off from this airstrip. Mr. Gorbachev, shoot down this plane!

Gorbachev was not a very great Soviet leader...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.