[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Fighter Plane Gorbachev, if you seek wins, if you seek prosperity for Matuchkin and the Forums, if you seek the Crown, come here to this airstrip. Gorbachev, take off from this airstrip. Mr. Gorbachev, shoot down this plane!

Yes, yes, like that, just like that, Mr. Gorbachev. Thank you, Mr. Gorbachev.

On 5/4/2016 at 2:54 PM, NotAnAimbot said:

Huh, seems the laser meta is finally broken.

I'm gonna combat test my Su-47 for now, then maybe get it here. I think the new rules really made the competition more realistic and plane-based instead of AIM-120 spamming.

I'll leave it here for now: XF-3 Thunder. Staging activates engines, ECM and autopilot.

21 BDA parts. you need to remove one.

Submitting this one for the KAX props contest, recently updated for the new version!

https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/Kerbfire

edit: And I updated Shorty to be compliant with the new rules, and I'm testing against the Raptor now.

edit 2: Do you guys have the problem in Competition mode that the AI likes to show off?  My AI is ummm...pretty extravagant before the competition starts.  lol

Edited by Draconiator

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

Submitting this one for the KAX props contest, recently updated for the new version!

https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/Kerbfire

edit: And I updated Shorty to be compliant with the new rules, and I'm testing against the Raptor now.

edit 2: Do you guys have the problem in Competition mode that the AI likes to show off?  My AI is ummm...pretty extravagant before the competition starts.  lol

I'm not sure what you want me to do. Do you want to enter Kerbfire into the roster?

Im having an issue and I cannot pinpoint which mod is causing it. Since I only installed the Air Superiority mods I was hoping this issue may have been experienced by someone else here: http://imgur.com/LtjQ5V8

When I fly a craft the screen goes to this image as soon as I leave the hanger. When I press the escape key is says "time acceleration 1" and the camera begins moving out of the atmosphere and into the sun. I have to close the program from that point. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

10 hours ago, ReeceEngineering said:

Since I only installed the Air Superiority mods

I've had that quite a few times too, but can't figure out why either. You could try a fresh re-install with only the basic mods, BDArmory and Mk22 cockpits.

11 hours ago, inigma said:

I'm not sure what you want me to do. Do you want to enter Kerbfire into the roster?

No, but when ASC III starts I'm entering my mostly stock biplane.  I just need to update it first, because right now in the new version it likes to party hardy at the disco apparently...darn springs in the landing gear...

KSP: ASC King of the Hill JollyGreenGI vs g00bd0g (Rounds 1-3) BDArmory AI Dogfight Battle 

A great battle. g00bd0g wins the 1st two rounds, JollyGreenGI shows some teeth in the 3rd.

15 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

KSP: ASC King of the Hill JollyGreenGI vs g00bd0g (Rounds 1-3) BDArmory AI Dogfight Battle 

A great battle. g00bd0g wins the 1st two rounds, JollyGreenGI shows some teeth in the 3rd.

Ah well, that's as much as I could expect. I squeezed as much out of that airframe as I could, but Vulca has just the right amount of high speed/low drag voodoo going on under the hood.

I'll be submitting my next design as soon as it passes trials.

EDIT: I think there was a collision on the VulcaRaptor side in round 3, probably why I pulled a small victory in that round.

Edited by JollyGreenGI

10 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I'm trying to design something to beat VulcaRaptors...but It's to hard haha.

I think something with extreme maneuverability or more missiles might work. VulcaRaptor was designed to be a jack-of-all-trades, it does everything well, but is not the best in any one area. It was largely crafted to best suit the AI's style of fighting, it is not necessarily the best possible vehicle. A specific trio of crafts might be the way to go, i.e. one fast, maneuverable craft with lots of ECM to draw/dodge fire, while two missile boats sit back and lob aim-120's. Getting the AI to behave is gonna be a challenge, hopefully we'll get more AI control soon. Even something silly like surviving until the enemy runs out of fuel might be a successful strategy.

Edited by g00bd0g

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I'm trying to design something to beat VulcaRaptors...but It's to hard haha.

Extreme maneuverability to the point of overturning seems to be the way. My current plane has been able to win 50/50 in 1v1 fights against the Raptor, since it employs a similar strategy of spamming missiles, dodging them and finally gunfighting. It all comes down to who isn't dodging while the gunfight gets into range.

2 hours ago, Alpha_Squad said:

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else than the first page, but do you allow for stacking parts over each other (e.g. wings inside of wings, engines inside of engines)?

There have been entrants with stuff like this (mine included), so currently I'd say yes.

35 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

How do I stop the AI from rolling when trying to avoid something?  It doesn't pull up and plows into the ground.

You can't stop it altogether, but try tweaking the steer factor and steer damping values. Alternatively, build a more stable plane.

2 hours ago, Draconiator said:

How do I stop the AI from rolling when trying to avoid something?  It doesn't pull up and plows into the ground.

Sounds like too much roll authority and constant over-corrections, and/or CG too far back and vehicle is stalling out when maneuvering hard. Try reducing roll authority 1st, if that doesn't fix it, move cg forward and/or reduce pitch authority.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.