[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

8 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

AFAIK command seats only, KAX props, and the only weapons you can have are Brownings.

Do you think a rear facing .50 cal turret would be reasonable as well? It'd probably have to have a limited actuation range.

5 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

rear facing .50 cal

Definitely okay. B-25s already had that in the 1940s. I thought we'd also maybe use Aviator Arsenal for more realistic weapons so that we could have 7.62, 20 and 30mms.

5 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Definitely okay. B-25s already had that in the 1940s. I thought we'd also maybe use Aviator Arsenal for more realistic weapons so that we could have 7.62, 20 and 30mms.

how's the damage balance between BDA and AA weapons? Are the AI command modules from the 2 mods similar/compatible? Just wondering if we need to pick 1 or can use both.

1 minute ago, g00bd0g said:

how's the damage balance between BDA and AA weapons? Are the AI command modules from the 2 mods similar/compatible? Just wondering if we need to pick 1 or can use both.

There's the BAD-T tournament, which is basically us but with KAX. So yes, the weapons are compatible and should be balanced.

The BAD-T uses FAR, though. The AA Antenna (the combo AI pilot and Weapon manager) is compatible with the standard pilot & weapon manager modules. Only difference is the antenna combines their functionality into a single part. AA weapons are all internally balanced against each other, but I'm pretty sure they are weaker as a whole, only the more powerful 20mm cannons can take a wing off with a single shot, but at the same time they offer a much wider variety of design possibilities and choices with different damage, accuracy, effective range, etc.

8 minutes ago, gag09 said:

I thought AIM-9 didn't require radar?

Well, Maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to test it again.

2 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Well, Maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to test it again.

Sorry, you are right...I did not see the Swift III firing just because a constant flow of Aim-120s is keeping the Swift to focus on dodging instead of locking targets.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to beat the raptors player vs AI?

Players who can beat the AI 2v2 (you can have an AI co-pilot) and prove it with a video, will earn a place in a separate leader bracket on the OP called ASC PvK Masters.

33 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Lets see how they fare HERE!!

Your computer seems quite laggy on KSP 3V3, about the same as my laptop. 

Looks like it's back to the SPH once again.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

12 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Your computer seems quite laggy on KSP 3V3, about the same as my laptop. 

CPU is am AMD Athlon II x4 (quadcore) with a GeForce GT610, it does what I need it to do, thinking of upgrading the vidcard though...recording steals some frames too.

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

KSP: ASC II KOTH gag09 vs g00bd0g (Full Match) BDArmory AI Dogfight Battle 

Check it out! @gag09 Swift III shows their teeth on the 2nd assault.

Awesome!  Hey j - what is your cloud mod that you use?

I really wish I could submit my fighter right now, but my test results are just so damn inconsistent. Sometimes it takes the Raptors 1-3 with hardly a scratch, other times all three are nailed by 3 AMRAAMs at 8km. Half the time though, the game just crashes.

7 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

I really wish I could submit my fighter right now, but my test results are just so damn inconsistent. Sometimes it takes the Raptors 1-3 with hardly a scratch, other times all three are nailed by 3 AMRAAMs at 8km. Half the time though, the game just crashes.

I'n getting incosistant results too with mine, they were amazing in testing but I dunno what went wrong....They're a wildcard for sure.

1 hour ago, algwat said:

I would like to have my craft tested by you guys here, but needs weapons. Is there an arms dealer that could add weapons for this test.

Craft file at link. KSP Ver1.1.2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nmkBCv3glJc3V1ZUZ1Qkpfd3c/view?usp=sharing

Well... Um... Can't you just add weapons yourself?

2 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Well... Um... Can't you just add weapons yourself?

Ok , so BD 1.1 is still good for 1.1.2 ?? (downloaded.)

I'll add some then read the forum instructions again....thanks..

9 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

This too with the Thunder. It was winning pretty good most of the times on my laptop, but somehow got rekt in the competition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.