[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Darn it, I knew I should've turned up the minimum flight altitude...

Died to collision everytime.

Ehhh, whatever. I'm gonna hold out until ASC III or ASC-A, I think my craft are better suited for multirole over air superiority.

Edited by JollyGreenGI

I might be crazy but are the rules getting stricter and stricter.. ASC IV will only allow 2 wings and 4 control surfaces with a limit of 100 L of fuel.. For next match I suggest the addition of take command.making it easier for the match runners to execute the matches.

2 hours ago, gag09 said:

I might be crazy but are the rules getting stricter and stricter.. ASC IV will only allow 2 wings and 4 control surfaces with a limit of 100 L of fuel..

I hope so ^_^

vMfn8Fd.png

New F-2! F-2X SP1, wins most 2v2 matches against Raptors. Haven't tested 3v3 yet, as my lagtop is, well, too laggy. The only times it loses is when the AI goes derp and doesn't try dodging missiles. Other than that, most of them miss or are veered off by the two ECM pods.

16 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag lol, love donating my processor power for this though.  and yep.....G00B wins again.  I'm next....goodbye Goob!  lol

His amazing 10th win! And with that... g00bdog takes the first ever ASC Grand Champion crown - and per tradition, triggers an automatic rules discussion on whether or not we want to lock the current roster and simply finish ASC-II early and begin discussing rules for ASC-II, or finish through the rest of the month. Thoughts?

To be honest, I think my Battle Doves 4 stand a chance at ending this incredible reign of the VulcaRaptors.

Edited by inigma

11 hours ago, gag09 said:

I might be crazy but are the rules getting stricter and stricter.. ASC IV will only allow 2 wings and 4 control surfaces with a limit of 100 L of fuel.. For next match I suggest the addition of take command.making it easier for the match runners to execute the matches.

ASC-III will have the strictest (or simplest) of rules. We will return to anything-goes in ASC IV.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

His amazing 10th win! And with that... g00bdog takes the first ever ASC Grand Champion crown - and per tradition, triggers an automatic rules discussion on whether or not we want to lock the current roster and simply finish ASC-II early and begin discussing rules for ASC-II, or finish through the rest of the month. Thoughts?

To be honest, I think my Battle Doves 4 stand a chance at ending this incredible reign of the VulcaRaptors.

I am all for more. The Battle Dove's are fierce competition indeed :)

For those who want a transparent image for use in videos, feel free to use:

b6RRSh6.png

1 hour ago, g00bd0g said:

I am all for more. The Battle Dove's are fierce competition indeed :)

By the way, this is yours, for 10 straight wins:

bLVRRwG.jpg

And as usual I trashed that design,,,,along with three others...before I found one I like.  THIS will be submitted to ASC III:

ac1f6da81359a0b2a73cf6992cd82c3e.jpg

I tweaked it a bit...and here is the final version:  https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/Kerbwith-1-Monocle

In testing...well I tested them with a 2v2 setup and Team B shot down one on Team A's side, but the three left are  just flying around taking potshots and not really doing anything right now.  Might want to impose a time limit.

Edited by Draconiator

5 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

New F-2! F-2X SP1, wins most 2v2 matches against Raptors. Haven't tested 3v3 yet, as my lagtop is, well, too laggy. The only times it loses is when the AI goes derp and doesn't try dodging missiles. Other than that, most of them miss or are veered off by the two ECM pods.

Hey Notabot, your F-2 is though !

Can you test it against my https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncsyf8j2odb61v8/C-19.craft?dl=0  ?

etZd1Wc.png

tvlX6h4.png

:cool:

Edited by Triop

Edit: I may redo this video too, I found a setting on my video editor that I missed.  Oops lol

g00b...I'm sorry...Oh, me and Jrod collaborated on this one!!!!!!!!

Edited by Draconiator

I've updated the Battle Dove 4 to the Battle Dove 5. https://kerbalx.com/inigma/Battle-Dove-5

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

Edit: I may redo this video too, I found a setting on my video editor that I missed.  Oops lol

The VulcaRaptor King is dead! Long live the VulcaRaptor 2 King!   aw man, did you have come up with a upgraded version of the VulcaRaptors?  No worries. My Battle Dove 5 shall meet you in battle. I have faith that single wing designs will still carry the win to the end.

5 minutes ago, Triop said:

I'd like to officially enter my C-19 if that is still possible, tested against the Raptor and the Battle Dove.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncsyf8j2odb61v8/C-19.craft?dl=0

etZd1Wc.png

KerbalX only so we can validate parts. please. No more dropbox.

Edited by inigma

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

Excellent battle! A little hard to make out the details at 480p, is the higher res still processing? I am glad to have some great competition, it only makes for better designs and better battles :) I already have an improved VulcaRaptor, but I think I may just rest on my laurels for the rest of ASC-II, and unleash the next next monster in ASC-III ;p

1 hour ago, inigma said:

aw man, did you have come up with a upgraded version of the VulcaRaptors?

I just took a cue from the enemy.  I just used what I've learned and made improvements based on that.  I think the reason why the raptors were so successful was it's a dual-wing design, but if you look at mine and his...his fuel tank is exposed.  That means nothing to a missile, but I've covered mine with my wings if you take a look at it.  They are only exposed on the sides, whereas his is exposed on the top and bottom.  I think how I did it would offer slightly more protection against guns....and with this sorta thing, "slightly" is a lot.  :)

Obligatory video before the Battle Dove 5 engages the new KOTH: The first round intro go cut off (I dunno why), but the fighting is intact all the way to the end. Enjoy!

The original match I recorded was even more amazing than this. Unfortunately it's on hold until copyright is appealed. If it even gets released, I'll release it for your viewing pleasure. :)

Edited by inigma

4 hours ago, inigma said:

Obligatory video before the Battle Dove 5 engages the new KOTH: The first round intro go cut off (I dunno why), but the fighting is intact all the way to the end. Enjoy!

The original match I recorded was even more amazing than this. Unfortunately it's on hold until copyright is appealed. If it even gets released, I'll release it for your viewing pleasure. :)

0:44 That was awesome :lol:, great video :cool:

Any advice on a free program to record video ?

I'd like to record and share some battles..

7 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

I already have an improved VulcaRaptor, but I think I may just rest on my laurels for the rest of ASC-II, and unleash the next next monster in ASC-III ;p

Does it have 12 wings ? :D

Edited by Triop

1 hour ago, Triop said:

0:44 That was awesome :lol:, great video :cool:

Any advice on a free program to record video ?

I'd like to record and share some battles..

Does it have 12 wings ? :D

I use OBS to record to twitch, and then export from twitch to youtube.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.