[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

@DoctorDavinci-

But isn't choosing a appropriate weapons system an integral part of plane design?

The way I see it, we can challenge 2 things- designer's ability to build a craft for a specific weapons system, or the ability to use all the parts of systems engineering to create a good design.

As much a it as painful to fight against, I think that the Vulture/VulcaRaptors are a good example of the second. I've never been in favor of more constraints, because I think that too many can lead to cookie-cutter planes.

@inigma- for what it's worth, my vote is for the AA guns.

On 25/5/2016 at 1:20 AM, inigma said:

I want this to be WWI style dogfighting. I'm thinking 50 parts is also a bit much (I can make a good fighter under 30) but in a pinch it does ok.

yeah, you can with ease make a 30-parts plane, but i fear that we're all going to have similar planes. i like the idea of 50 parts, it's not like it's going to hurt anybody.

45 minutes ago, gag09 said:

Dv6suGo.png

Introducing the Korsair its the lovechild of a B-24 a F4U corsair and a Fokker DR1.

LOVE IT!!

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Is there any ASC-III planes ready? I'd like to do some tests :)

Well, if you have the latest Firespitter installed, I have a Red Baron Fokker DR1 ready to rock. It's fairly period accurate in terms of speed and maneuverability.

31 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

So uh... no one has uploaded any of their designs for ASC-III yet. I had to get a bit, creative, in testing.

That thing is AWESOME. I was gonna do a triplane also, but now I may have to do a quadplane, or even hexplane :)

21 hours ago, Dman979 said:

@DoctorDavinci-

But isn't choosing a appropriate weapons system an integral part of plane design?

The way I see it, we can challenge 2 things- designer's ability to build a craft for a specific weapons system, or the ability to use all the parts of systems engineering to create a good design.

As much a it as painful to fight against, I think that the Vulture/VulcaRaptors are a good example of the second. I've never been in favor of more constraints, because I think that too many can lead to cookie-cutter planes.

@inigma- for what it's worth, my vote is for the AA guns.

So if we include Aviator Arsenal to the mod list, would you recommend any restrictions on weapons?

2 hours ago, inigma said:

So if we include Aviator Arsenal to the mod list, would you recommend any restrictions on weapons?

Loadout can be of any type, as long as you can find an example of a plane fitting it in the 1903 (Kitty Hawk) to 1918 (German capitulation) period, having similar engine power and weight as yours.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.