[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

8 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

True, but the VulcaRaptor also had a lot of SAS in there, too, so it could out-tourqe the missing lift. If you look at some of the new matches, when a plane loses a wing, it's pretty much over. Unless, of course, it has an obscene amount of other wings. Losing 50% of your lifting capacity on one side is awful, but losing 10% is pretty manageable. Of course, that wound mean going really slowly, because losing one wing at 10% means 10x2=20 identical wings. That's pretty slow, if you ask me.

Well yes, losing an entire wing is quite bad, but that's why I think monolithic wings are not the best choice. 

3AOWDGh.png

While the Sweep is likely unable to be as effective in combat while missing ~50% of its wings, it is controllable enough to remain evasive and draw fire away from it's wingmen. Maybe.

25 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Well yes, losing an entire wing is quite bad, but that's why I think monolithic wings are not the best choice. 

3AOWDGh.png

While the Sweep is likely unable to be as effective in combat while missing ~50% of its wings, it is controllable enough to remain evasive and draw fire away from it's wingmen. Maybe.

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on defeating the Sweep because of this.  I'm not a fan of making planes with multi-part wings, nor do I like doing things like clipping engines into fuselages like you've done.  If I made a plane with a large enough wing to support 2 engines side-by-side, I had to have larger wing pieces, which meant that a shot to the wing by a Sweep was a guaranteed death.  Meanwhile, I could score 5 or 10 confirmed hits on a Sweep with twin nose-mounted Hispanos, and it'd still keep flying.  

Monoplanes in this competition also have the disadvantage of presenting a larger target as well, meaning it's easier for enemy planes to land a hit on them.  

Funny.

High Quality Fight here. Close one too. I liked the battles between these two so much that I gave it an extra round just to see if my suspicions were correct - these guys are fairly evenly matched.  If you watch any ASC III match this month, watch this one! It's funny too. 

Edited by inigma

2 hours ago, inigma said:

High Quality Fight here. Close one too. I liked the battles between these two so much that I gave it an extra round just to see if my suspicions were correct - these guys are fairly evenly matched.  If you watch any ASC III match this month, watch this one! It's funny too. 

damnit!  i've accidentally set the standby speed on my Nightingale to 20m/s.

Edited by Bananders

39 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Your craft hasn't competed yet, so you can make as many major adjustments to it as you want, up to and including complete re-design.

Okey-dokey.

EDIT: Updated. New version should be in the same place.

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, TorchedForever said:

With epicman81 v. JollyGreenGI it looks like bad wheel physics struck the mark 20s down. They would hover above the ground, and due to pitch instability would touch down momentarily. However, the wheels spin out at high speeds causing the crashes.

There was one other thing, too: the control point was facing the wrong way. I bet that if he flips it 180 degrees yaw it'll do a lot better.

2 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

I believe that all four of my craft will likely immediately explode upon seeing the enemy planes of fright

Dunno. 4 distinctively different aircraft with different capabilities.....one of them just might prevail.

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Me thinks you're gonna have a fight on your hands when you reach my Mentat Mk5 if you survive the next fight

I've been running 4v4's you vs me and I consistently have been winning :cool:

You wish!

@inigma - I've been working on a MK.3 variant of the Nightingale and I was wondering if I could put that into the roster, just in in case my current fighter gets sabotaged and loses.

Edited by Bananders

5 hours ago, algwat said:

I got a craft that can get position on the raptor.... depends who turns first....can i still submit it to the challenge?

screenshot123.png

We return to anything goes in the next series. Currently Series III is this:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.