[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

I enter the PointyStickFish Mk11. (4 of them on one team)
Has been tested against the current KOTH, works well (~50% of the time)
However, built in KSP 1.1.3 - Hopefully, not a problem

wdssecO.png?1

Edited Craft - new download - https://kerbalx.com/qzgy/PointyStickFish-Mk11

Jul 1 - Craft updated, sorry for that

Edited by qzgy

On 2016-06-28 at 2:31 PM, inigma said:

I suspect this week.  I don't see why I can't do a match Wednesday night.  I am however, asking for other hosts to step up, and so far none have yet.

I would have continued to run fights for this tournament, however, due to the way some of the challengers have designed their planes around the command chair, the Kerbal that gets spawned on load has nowhere to stand beside said command chair which is a requirement of Take Command in order for the mod to get the Kerbal to board the command chair.

This results in the Kerbal being flung away or just going limp which results in the host having to go through the song and dance of moving the Kerbal out of the way of the chair, zooming in to find some little piece of the command chair to click on, board the chair and then moving the vessel

And that is if the Kerbal flops and lands on the craft ... If it lands on the ground you gotta chase after the craft, somehow throw your Kerbal in its way to stop the craft from running down the runway and the zoom in and try to find a part of the chair to click on so you can board the green little guy/girl

Just too much of a hassle to set up the battles ... If proper attention was paid to this aspect of the hosting I would have continued, however I'm doing this for fun and having to go through the above song and dance makes hosting too much like work

Edited by DoctorDavinci

wowsers. real life. :) so ... um... the next match yes.  well.  i was going to record... but life came up. it's been a crazy week. thankfully we have an American holiday this weekend to make it even crazier!

to prevent overload, I'm officially closing ASC III to new roster registration. it's not fair to keep adding to it without processing matches. oy.

so... Any submissions entered before this post are valid (I'm sorry if I missed your entry). Please PM your entry if yours is not listed. This will ensure I update it without having to hunt through all the posts in the thread above. I will make sure all matches get processed in the next two weeks. anyone who can volunteer to help me work through the roster, PLEASE DO! :) Stay tuned.

In the meantime, ASC is open to anyone taking over ASC IV. I am officially retiring from the match hosting since in July I will be: away visiting family, moving my mother to a new home, starting a new job, moving my own family to a new city, and facing perhaps a number of other trials and demands for my time. Effectively this means it's best if someone were to take the ASC reigns from me.  If you do, discuss among yourselves and feel free to start a new thread for ASC IV or whatever you want to call it.  I will update this thread with match results until the roster is totally cleared. ASC III will be a blast to record. Just gotta find time to do it.

19 hours ago, inigma said:

wowsers. real life. :) so ... um... the next match yes.  well.  i was going to record... but life came up. it's been a crazy week. thankfully we have an American holiday this weekend to make it even crazier!

to prevent overload, I'm officially closing ASC III to new roster registration. it's not fair to keep adding to it without processing matches. oy.

so... Any submissions entered before this post are valid (I'm sorry if I missed your entry). Please PM your entry if yours is not listed. This will ensure I update it without having to hunt through all the posts in the thread above. I will make sure all matches get processed in the next two weeks. anyone who can volunteer to help me work through the roster, PLEASE DO! :) Stay tuned.

In the meantime, ASC is open to anyone taking over ASC IV. I am officially retiring from the match hosting since in July I will be: away visiting family, moving my mother to a new home, starting a new job, moving my own family to a new city, and facing perhaps a number of other trials and demands for my time. Effectively this means it's best if someone were to take the ASC reigns from me.  If you do, discuss among yourselves and feel free to start a new thread for ASC IV or whatever you want to call it.  I will update this thread with match results until the roster is totally cleared. ASC III will be a blast to record. Just gotta find time to do it.

Well, uh, damn.  My F.2C's definitely not in a state where it's competitive, and the F.4C-D only wins about half the time against the current KotH - I had it winning reliably, then I tweaked some control settings, and now I can't get it to do anything better than break even.  If I can PM the F.4C-E to you by Monday, can it still be put in?  How successful do I have to be against the current KotH to allow entry?  

I'm as good as it's gonna get. Can't get it any lighter.

Run the Super-Bee's. They're as ready as they possibly can.

Edited by GDJ

6 minutes ago, inigma said:

NEXT ASC MATCH POSTED!  Yippie. had some time.

yay finally

On 7/2/2016 at 11:54 AM, He_162 said:

When the July contest comes around, I will have some really nice aircraft... especially after the end of my He-1 & He-2 series.

same here

Great battles!

Inigma, great job hosting! The music really adds something to the battles. 

I must say that ASC III has been the most entertaining thus far!

1 minute ago, epicman81 said:

almost my turn

Yep. I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous. I put alot of sweat into the AVRO's. I hope they do well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.