[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

41 minutes ago, commonnerfer said:

hey guys what do i do if i tied the king of the hill in a 2v2 ??? i have it recorded my kerbal was the last alive but didn't live much longer than his you should see tomarrow I'm linking a video 

If all contenders die, then the victory is credited to the current KOTH (King On The Hill) regardless of how well you performed. Also beware that based on what I've seen so far, if a contender is the last one remaining, and damaged but alive, then it will count as a loss if the match host is unable to pilot the aircraft, or what remains of it, back to a safe landing onto dry land.

Edited by drtricky

1 hour ago, Jollyfellow said:

Okay, so I have unzipped the mods, and put them in the GameData folder, this is why I'm confused as to why they're not working. I went back to 1.1, and most of them work fine. So this is why I was asking if someone could just send me the exact mods/ mod versions as well as anything else required to get them all working, so that I could just unzip them and play, as it would be much easier and I could get to work on entering the competition sooner. Thanks again! And thank you for welcoming me!

Aha, found the problem.

You're using the 1.1 versions of the mods, which are not backwards-compatible with the 1.05 release.

You might want to ask on the threads if anyone has a copy, or try pinging the Modders to ask if they have any old versions. Be sure to state that you're not asking about any future releases, though! You don't want to break the forum's newest rule. :)

5 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Aha, found the problem.

You're using the 1.1 versions of the mods, which are not backwards-compatible with the 1.05 release.

You might want to ask on the threads if anyone has a copy, or try pinging the Modders to ask if they have any old versions. Be sure to state that you're not asking about any future releases, though! You don't want to break the forum's newest rule. :)

Ahh, okay. I've been trying but no one has responded... I'm currently re-extracting every mod to see if THAT works, if it doesn't... then I need someone else to send a copy of the mods... Thank you!

Aaaand it didn't work... So now I definitely need someone to send me their copies of the mods as some are no longer available or are too confusing (for me) to comprehend...

Edited by Jollyfellow

I know I've been asking often, but I really want to enter this soon. Would anyone be able to get me all of the correct versions of the mods, please? Like through dropbox, or google drive? It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Jollyfellow said:

I know I've been asking often, but I really want to enter this soon. Would anyone be able to get me all of the correct versions of the mods, please? Like through dropbox, or google drive? It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Honestly, you'd be better off keeping all the mods at 1.1, building a plane in 1.1, and entering ASC-II as soon as it starts in about a week (I think.)

(Actually, @inigma, are we even accepting submissions for ASC-I anymore considering the impending start of ASC-II?)

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

9 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Honestly, you'd be better off keeping all the mods at 1.1, building a plane in 1.1, and entering ASC-II as soon as it starts in about a week (I think.)

(Actually, @inigma, are we even accepting submissions for ASC-I anymore considering the impending start of ASC-II?)

Okay, thank you for the info, as I didn't know that there was going to be a second round. Luckily, I have already been experimenting in 1.1, so I have basic idea of what I want to do. You'll probably see me be one of the first entries. :wink:

Just now, Dman979 said:

That reminds me- will planes built in 1.05 work in 1.1?

I've been doing some testing, and in general the answer is yes. Landing gear usually will need to be tweaked (especially if your 1.0.5 crafts used the Porkjet landing gear) but 1.1 has mostly been about backend stuff and as such no real changes are needed.

Just now, Hobbes Novakoff said:

I've been doing some testing, and in general the answer is yes. Landing gear usually will need to be tweaked (especially if your 1.0.5 crafts used the Porkjet landing gear) but 1.1 has mostly been about backend stuff and as such no real changes are needed.

Ok. Will AJL work?

2 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Not for a while. Mods using will need a lot of work, so things like AJL, Firespitter, and KF are borked for the foreseeable future. You could ask BahamutoD, but be careful not to run afoul of Rule 2.2f as odds are someone has asked already.

oy. My plane absolutely depends on it to work.

16 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

oy. My plane absolutely depends on it to work.

Like how much? Because they still load in 1.1, they just can't be adjusted or retracted. They load in their default state, so if they were angled, they're now straight and at the shortest setting.

edit: This does let you remove them and replace them with the new gear.

Edited by JollyGreenGI

10 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Like how much? Because they still load in 1.1, they just can't be adjusted or retracted. They load in their default state, so if they were angled, they're now straight and at the shortest setting.

edit: This does let you remove them and replace them with the new gear.

Like, a lot. In order to take off in the right amount of runway, I had to angle my gear.

1 minute ago, JollyGreenGI said:

I'm guessing the aircraft is angled upwards. You can't offset normal gear upwards to get the same effect? I'm 90% sure they fixed the explosions caused by clipped gear.

nope, I can't. I'll probably be waiting to submit until after ALG is updated.

12 hours ago, commonnerfer said:

craft file here

here is my submission 

BSw0qHd.png

Your entry is accepted since you said you tested it against the current King of the Hill.

1 hour ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Actually, commonnerfer's submission is the last submission we will accept for ASC-I. The ASC-I roster is now locked. No further submissions for ASC-I will be accepted at this point.  ASC-II will be opened in a new thread sometime next week.

Had this crazy idea that just might work and prevent division bloat and host burn out:

- Each ASC Series would have its own ruleset.

- All ASC Series would be King of the Hill

- Locations could be same or different for each series.

- Series would end when either a new KSP or BDA version comes out that changes balance, or a reigning monarch snags 10 wins (roster would lock at that point and remaining matches played out regardless).

ASC-I was anything goes. This ruleset could make a return in ASC-III or ASC-IV.

For ASC-II I'd like to see more modern dogfighting as seen in earlier ASC-I matches. Specifically a limit of 12 BDA parts per craft, and a hard limit of 100 parts overall per craft. Rounds would be 3v3, two round match win.

Thoughts?

Varying rulesets is a good idea, keeps things fresh and prevents any one meta strategy from dominating across ASCs. 12 BDA parts total sounds interesting - I'm assuming that includes things like ammo boxes and CM dispensers, correct? A nice, tight weapons budget that stills allows total freedom of design; I can see a number of competing design ideologies merging from that; should promise fun battles.

@inigma Erm...what about a hard limit of 115 parts per aircraft?

...pleeaase?

Because that's the limit I set for myself and I'm already barely able to reach it

Now that I think about it, a limit of 12 BDA parts per aircraft would mean limitations in opponent weaponry, which I personally welcome. :cool:

Would weapon managers and flight computers count as BDA parts?

Edited by drtricky

8 hours ago, inigma said:

Had this crazy idea that just might work and prevent division bloat and host burn out:

- Each ASC Series would have its own ruleset.

- All ASC Series would be King of the Hill

- Locations could be same or different for each series.

- Series would end when either a new KSP or BDA version comes out that changes balance, or a reigning monarch snags 10 wins (roster would lock at that point and remaining matches played out regardless).

ASC-I was anything goes. This ruleset could make a return in ASC-III or ASC-IV.

For ASC-II I'd like to see more modern dogfighting as seen in earlier ASC-I matches. Specifically a limit of 12 BDA parts per craft, and a hard limit of 100 parts overall per craft. Rounds would be 3v3, two round match win.

Thoughts?

Maybe a limit on lasers? That's the only thing I see missing here. Lasers seem OP to me, but maybe that was just plane design.

3 minutes ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Maybe a limit on lasers? That's the only thing I see missing here. Lasers seem OP to me, but maybe that was just plane design.

honestly the current king of the hill is op as crap with lasers I'm surprised i  tied it twice 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.