[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

2 minutes ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

You get the general idea?

Nope. At least mine has wings as weak points. This is why I simply propose the rule to ban completely clipping lifting/control surfaces inside fuselages. 

1 minute ago, drtricky said:

Nope. At least mine has wings as weak points. This is why I simply propose the rule to ban completely clipping lifting/control surfaces inside fuselages. 

Try to mount some AMRAMS on that box and get back to me.

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

2 hours ago, xoknight said:

It would be pretty fun to watch, Can you run my revised craft? It's not going to be one shotted this time :)

https://kerbalx.com/xoknight/Yak-41-Super-Camel

@xoknight Definitely better, but only got one kill in 3 matches :)

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

I'd like to see a video of how this monster I made fares before it (most likely) gets banned. It doesn't have rails, but its BDA part count should be within legal limits assuming 2 AIM-120's per rail.

@drtricky 1st I want to congratulate you on a fantastic design! Way to think inside the box (terrible pun I know). That thing actually forced me to change my design a bit. We were close to even, so I ended up dropping the ECM's and adding 2 more Aim-120's and another chaff. Anywho, after those changes I seem to come out on top, but it ain't always easy. I have updated my plane kerbal x if anyone wants the latest and greatest.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulcaRaptor

@inigma This is why I dislike ridiculous part clipping.

Video uploading now...

Edited by g00bd0g

19 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

@xoknight Definitely better, but only got one kill in 3 matches :)

@drtricky 1st I want to congratulate you on a fantastic design! Way to think inside the box (terribly pun I know). That thing actually forced me to change my design a bit. We were close to even, so I ended up dropping the ECM's and adding 2 more Aim-120's and another chaff. Anywho, after those changes I seem to come out on top, but it ain't always easy. I have updated my plane kerbal x if anyone wants the latest and greatest.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulcaRaptor

@inigma This is why I dislike ridiculous part clipping.

Video uploading now...

Darn, well nose to the grindstone. Gotta keep working on it

2 hours ago, inigma said:

ha no. rule states that it can be edited, but only within the in-editor ranges. 1 is the minimum.

Kerbal 1.1.2 you can now set the values in the sph.

Is there any other reason to edit craft files now?

3 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

FAR is ready for 1.1.2. I was wondering which ASC series will be for "Realistic" modern air combat! (Maybe RealFuels too!)

ASC will not be using FAR. There are other competitions for it. :)

I'm testing the Pretender today. ASC-II tomorrow perhaps if all goes well. Just hate everything being so buggy.

Just now, Jakerblam22 said:

I feel like a dork. Just figured out how to have more than 1 missile on a rail. Is 2 aims and 1 amraam on a single rail okay?

yes. mix and match ok.

The ASC-II Pretender to the Throne has been published on the roster!  Prepare your crafts for submission. Submissions to the ASC-II is now formally open. Beyond this point, you must state you have you tested your design against the current King of the Hill (or Pretender).

Have at it guys!  Match processing begins tomorrow.

I hearby submit the first craft to the roster:

The Inigma Industries Battle Dove: https://kerbalx.com/inigma/Battle-Dove

It has been tested against the current King of the Hill, the Pretender to the Throne.

Edited by inigma

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.