[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Question ... Is this competition going to be done using competition mode?

Reason I ask is due to competition mode changing the parameters of my design ... Whether it takes off like a screamer or if it can account for the delay in engagement created by competition mode

20 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Question ... Is this competition going to be done using competition mode?

Reason I ask is due to competition mode changing the parameters of my design ... Whether it takes off like a screamer or if it can account for the delay in engagement created by competition mode

competition mode.

I've updated my Battle Dove with a slightly better AI pilot to cancel out the wild oscillations on gun passes. Now it can eat VulcaRaptors on a single pass. KerbalX updated.

Edited by inigma

11 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Man, are AMRAAMs even worth it with all the supermaneuverability going around?

And does ECM even have any noticeable effect?

AMRAAMs are good for putting your opponent on the defensive, but will rarely hit a maneuverable jet unless overextended.

ECM makes it harder to get locked on, you'll notice your radar flickering when your opponent uses it. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra mass though.

16 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

@inigma Is it just me, or does the first video cut out early?

it cut out early.  bad recording, but my son and I watched it, and rather than running another take he was fine with it as is. 

Also one question for @inigma It is KAX allowed in this serie? Firespitter has been released for 1.1 and I have tested KAX with it and it suffers from the same problem with landing gears ( I didn't find any other issues yet).

But, I like the KAX wings and I'd like to use them if it is possible :)

Edited by jrodriguez

39 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Also one question for @inigma It is KAX allowed in this serie? Firespitter has been released for 1.1 and I have tested KAX with it and it suffers from the same problem with landing gears ( I didn't find any other issues yet).

But, I like the KAX wings and I'd like to use them if it is possible :)

Anything in the KAX install is permissible.

Huh, seems the laser meta is finally broken.

I'm gonna combat test my Su-47 for now, then maybe get it here. I think the new rules really made the competition more realistic and plane-based instead of AIM-120 spamming.

I'll leave it here for now: XF-3 Thunder. Staging activates engines, ECM and autopilot.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.