[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Just now, inigma said:

I use OBS to record to twitch, and then export from twitch to youtube.

Do you notice a significant hit to performance in 1.1? I haven't used it since 1.0.5, but I could only record rather small crafts without dipping into the yellow framerates.

9 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Do you notice a significant hit to performance in 1.1? I haven't used it since 1.0.5, but I could only record rather small crafts without dipping into the yellow framerates.

not yet. but then again i have a 470GTX 3GB card, in addition to 16GB and i7 4770k

Oh and one thing I'd like to add. Both of the most recent matches I lost, I was started in the West facing runway. It is my belief that the West facing team has a disadvantage because the AI always starts with turns to left, resulting in the W facing team always "climbing the hill" and having their speed and maneuvering options reduced by the proximity to the terrain. Please note, I am NOT making excuses or contesting the results. BUT, as the competition gets tighter, we have to start making things as fair as possible, as even minute advantages can yield big results. In the future I suggest we either start over flat terrain, or run at least 5 matches while alternating start positions.

5 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

Oh and one thing I'd like to add. Both of the most recent matches I lost, I was started in the West facing runway. It is my belief that the West facing team has a disadvantage because the AI always starts with turns to left, resulting in the W facing team always "climbing the hill" and having their speed and maneuvering options reduced by the proximity to the terrain. Please note, I am NOT making excuses or contesting the results. BUT, as the competition gets tighter, we have to start making things as fair as possible, as even minute advantages can yield big results. In the future I suggest we either start over flat terrain, or run at least 5 matches while alternating start positions.

I agree. Maybe we can even think to move the battles to a different place? For next series I will setup two quicksaves alternating positions and I will change the facing per round. And I like the idea of the 5 matches.

14 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

Kings always start on the west runway for the very purpose of being put at a disadvantage to defending the hill, as they mostly have to climb it before beginning their defensive attack. This was to cycle out winners faster, but your craft proved to be rather resilient in spite of the hill climbing disadvantage. Future matches at the island will have Kings start on the west side for this reason. In any location, if there is a difference, the advantage will always go to the challenger, not the King. Kings that survive simply prove their ability to handle both situations.

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I agree. Maybe we can even think to move the battles to a different place? For next series I will setup two quicksaves alternating positions and I will change the facing per round. And I like the idea of the 5 matches.

ASC-III will most likely be over KSC itself. ASC-IV will be over KSC2.

6 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

+1 I have to record an epic fight on a glaciar haha

perhaps ASC-V when we return to modern jet dogfighting.

6 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

The poles seem like a good place.

perhaps ASC-V when we return to modern jet dogfighting. I especially like those mountains near the pole.

8 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Ohhh yeah, and ban lasers too, I made a small craft with just ONE laser on it as far as weapons...3v3 they sometimes win against the Raptors.

lasers will be permitted in the anything-goes series of ASC-IV. all other series they are not allowed.

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

Do the Hellfires work at all?  I considered putting those on the Battlewing because the Vulca had no defense against them, but they do not fire in testing (I had the infrared laser painter on too)

Hellfires are Air to Ground, so they shouldn't work against air targets. However, you can slave the FLIR pod to radar and theoretically launch at air targets with an AGM, I don't think they're as maneuverable though.

EDIT: Did some testing, both AGM-114 and AGM-65 are not maneuverable enough to hit fast moving targets. Hellfire might hit if the target is below 100 m/s, but Maverick is too slow for anything. TOW missile however...

Edited by JollyGreenGI

20 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

The poles seem like a good place.

Poles on every planet or moon in ksp are laggy, due to heightmap stretching. this is also why mountians near the poles are long and thin. also, the snow is really bright.

14 hours ago, Bananders said:

I don't know if this is the time for it, but i'd like to add my first submission.

https://kerbalx.com/Bananders/Crown-21-Flapjack

please manually turn on both radomes, otherwise it will only use the rear-facing one.

Have you tested it in combat at least 2v2 vs the current King of the Hill?  Also, match hosts do not turn on radardomes. You will need to have it toggled via the Staging action group.

Edited by inigma

3 hours ago, inigma said:

Have you tested it in combat at least 2v2 vs the current King of the Hill?

I've done it dozen of times, and victories are nearly equally spread

3 hours ago, inigma said:

Also, match hosts do not turn on radardomes. You will need to have it toggled via the Staging action group.

rJCAmZo.png

4 hours ago, Bananders said:

I've done it dozen of times, and victories are nearly equally spread

i should mention that more that not, the Battlewings hits the Aim-120 upon firering. this could be avoided by lowering the drop timer to 0 and max out the decouple-force

4 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

I know why you have rear facing Radar, but even with it on, the AI doesn't make use of it.

I didn't make this aircraft specificly for AI use. Like many modern russian military aircrafts, the rear facing radar is for combat effectiveness, and visibility.

WrxeaIo.png

i should've finetuned the AI

Edited by Bananders

11 hours ago, Bananders said:

the Battlewings hits the Aim-120 upon firering

Toggle clearance checks in the options.

Also, you should rethink the weapon mounting on the pylons.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.