[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

1 hour ago, inigma said:

THis is getting popular fast. Didn't think it ever would heh. I might need to ask for a secondary match host volunteer. Need to be able to run KSP 1.0.5, and upload matches to YouTube or a Twitch stream channel.

Y'know, I trust you enough that I'd be fine if you didn't record the match for my airplane. A picture showing a destroyed loser would suffice for me :)

And don't push yourself such that you burnout. I'd much rather have you slowly determine every match, rather than getting too tired to do any after a period of time!

Edited by drtricky

14 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Y'know, I trust you enough that I'd be fine if you didn't record the match for my airplane. A picture showing a destroyed loser would suffice for me :)

And don't push yourself such that you burnout. I'd much rather have you slowly determine every match, rather than getting too tired to do any after a period of time!

no worries. matches are easy to setup and record. takes about 30 mins overall. but i might not be as active starting next week, and my OP states one match per week.   Even if I burnout, I will still update OP with results, or pass it to the next ASC host. The OP allows for anyone to run a match if I don't host the next slated match within 7 days of the previous one.

4 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Just a small detail @inigma, but the XF-4 is mentionned twice in the OP, while it's supposed to be the F-2 with the CRAS-2 for my entry.

Can you re-post your links in the format you want them to appear in the OP for me?

I am happy to record some matches after you have done a Stealth Weasel video match. I will probably film each round separately and stick them together so we don't have to worry about glitched rounds causing a forfeit, (which would be a bad way of winning).

1 minute ago, Redshift OTF said:

Wow, Fighter Papa has been de-throned! I thought it might go on for a while...

My testing revealed it was either him or you.  I look forward to your duel with Guggy's fighter next vid. :)

Edited by inigma

NotAnAimbot: XF-4 CRAS-2 & F-2C Sea Predator for @inigma

Just press 1 to turn on ECM, and let the magic happen. Note that 1 also turns on autopilot and toggles guard mode, so you could rebind it if you want to. the ECM is inside the tail for the XF-4 and behind the tail for the F-2C, you might have to clip into the CRAS to find it.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

@inigma Hey, in round 2 of your most recent match, one of guggy's fighters appears to have exploded for no reason at all at around the 1:23 mark. Does an unexplained break-up count as a defeat?

Edited by drtricky

29 minutes ago, Redshift OTF said:

Maybe it turned while going too fast and the aerodynamic forces destroyed it?

Exactly what I was thinking. Does that still count towards a loss? Because personally, my fighters sometimes break up as a result of aerodynamic failure, due to the fact that a low framerate seems to exacerbate KSP's physics. When I run less laggy 1v1 matches, my fighter never experiences aerodynamic failure.

@inigma Welp, I've updated my fighter again in response to some 2v2 island testing versus the new champions. There are only two small changes to the flight AI's settings

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz8ksGB7j0xmQUI0SVJ6VE9kbFE

Funny thing happened while testing the new champions: They decided to engage in a passionate lovemaking session while taking off...

11BE1DCE5948D2E23A8D6DEA0DCDD450AF371CFC...arrogant pricks :mad:

Edited by drtricky

Hmmm, I'm getting planes spontaneously exploding when testing 2v2 matches. Never happens with 1v1 which I normally test with so I hadn't noticed it before. Might be a physics glitch when the system slows down with extra craft.

Lol @drtricky

Actually planes exploding might be due to the physics distance being the same as the Tourney distance. When the match starts the planes might be moving between the physics barrier cause some parts of the planes to collide with each other particularly when turning, (which they usually do when the flight starts), and that causes an explosion. I might up the physics distance to 10000m, 2000m over the tourney distance which is 8000m and see if this helps.

43 minutes ago, drtricky said:

While testing the new champions against my own fighters, the two once decided to engage in a passionate lovemaking session while taking off...

11BE1DCE5948D2E23A8D6DEA0DCDD450AF371CFCArrogant pricks :mad:

Hahaha they just wanted to combine forces and fight as one :D

Just now, drtricky said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Does that still count towards a loss? Because personally, my fighters sometimes break up as a result of aerodynamic failure, due to the fact that a low framerate seems to exacerbate KSP's physics. When I run less laggy 1v1 matches, my fighter never experiences aerodynamic failure.

@inigma Welp, I've updated my fighter again in response to some 2v2 island testing versus the new champions. There are only two small changes to the flight AI's settings

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz8ksGB7j0xmQUI0SVJ6VE9kbFE

Funny thing happened while testing the new champions: They decided to engage in a passionate lovemaking session while taking off...

11BE1DCE5948D2E23A8D6DEA0DCDD450AF371CFC...arrogant pricks :mad:

But seriously. Did they survive that? Because this is one of the best manoeuvres I've ever seen. Not that it has any place in a dogfight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.