[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

While we're all waiting, I thought I'd show you a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into an ASC II Intro on my end.  I love using other games creatively.  :) I used Portal 2 for the last intro I made, this one is Terraria:

24 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Max of 20 BDA parts, max 2 AIM-120s per rail.

i have 22 BD parts on the Flapjack. i guess i could move a pair of missiles to another rail, which will get me down to 20 BD parts. But really, having 2 rails above limit will only slightly increase my drag and weight, so it's not going to give me an advantage. If anything, it'll be a disadvantage.

Edited by Bananders

Now THAT was an intense battle. Mein Gott.

Speaking of battles, the Joestar IV has been tested extensively and can consistently beat a squad of Battlewings 3v3. It's time to submit it to the competition!

@inigma and @Draconiator (and anyone else that wants to have a go at it), here's the KerbalX link: https://kerbalx.com/Roytronix/Joestar-IV

3 hours ago, Bananders said:

so it's not going to give me an advantage

20 BD parts maximum is a base rule. Also, not having a 3 rail 6 missile loadout wastes 3 BD parts. Those could be guns, ECM or chaff.

38 minutes ago, epicman81 said:

m I allowed to enter a new craft after my previous one has been beaten?

Of course, that's the goal of the challenge!

OP updated with current roster and results.

Get your crafts in soon! ASC II roster locks out tomorrow night Wed May 25.  If your craft is not on the roster please, make sure your craft meets all Entry Requirements per the OP, and provies a KerbalX.com link, and a statement that you've tested your craft against the current King of the Hill.

I'm afk tomorrow night, but I will fill the up roster with any remaining entries Thursday morning.

Concerning ASC III: 

KAX has been updated for KSP 1.1.2! Now's the time to start building test craft with these restrictions:

50 part strict count limit, command seat only (Take Command mod required), max of two 50 cal guns, no mk3 parts, no probe cores. Think WWI guys. Battles will be over KSC itself, 4v4.  Submissions will not be accepted until this thread is labeled [ASC-III]. I want to see some Kerbals get sniped this time.

Edited by inigma

1 minute ago, inigma said:

Get your crafts in soon! ASC II roster locks out tomorrow Wed May 25.  If your craft is not on the roster please, make sure your craft meets all Entry Requirements per the OP, and provies a KerbalX.com link, and a statement that you've tested your craft against the current King of the Hill.

I'm afk tomorrow night, but I will fill the up roster with any remaining entries Thursday morning.

Concerning ASC III: 

KAX has been updated for KSP 1.1.2! Now's the time to start building test craft with these restrictions:

50 part strict count limit, command seat only (Take Command mod required), max of two 50 cal guns, no mk3 parts, no probe cores. Think WWI guys. Battles will be over KSC itself, 4v4.  Submissions will not be accepted until this thread is labeled [ASC-III].

Ooooooh SQUADRONS!!!  Mine should still work then.  I'm submitting this one: https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/Kerbwith-1-Monocle

Built and tested in anticipation of ASC III.

9 minutes ago, inigma said:

ax of two 50 cal guns, no mk3 parts, no probe cores. Think WWI guys

I was thinking about using Aviator Arsenal for weapons, as 2x12.7mm seems more like inter-war period/late WW1. Early WW2 fighters had twin 20 mils (Bf-110), eight .303 cals (Early Hurricanes and Spitfires) or 4x.50 cal (Some American aircraft, the P-40 even had 6). Those numbers went up to four 30mm cannons for the Me-262, six (still) .50 cals for the Mustang and 4 20 mils for the late Spitfires and Typhoons. 

Bad-T's systems looks fun. A max of points, weapons cost their caliber in mm and engines their thrust number. This way we could have both jets and props, each with their advantages and disadvantages.

Edit: Never mind, my eyes derped and saw WW2 instead of WW1. We should mention those are fixed guns though, or can we use the turret?

Edited by NotAnAimbot

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Get your crafts in soon! ASC II roster locks out tomorrow night Wed May 25.  If your craft is not on the roster please, make sure your craft meets all Entry Requirements per the OP, and provies a KerbalX.com link, and a statement that you've tested your craft against the current King of the Hill.

Concerning ASC III: 

50 part strict count limit, command seat only (Take Command mod required), max of two 50 cal guns, no mk3 parts, no probe cores. Think WWI guys. Battles will be over KSC itself, 4v4.  Submissions will not be accepted until this thread is labeled [ASC-III]. I want to see some Kerbals get sniped this time.

I see no mention of banning or limiting the .50 cal turret, it may need some tweaking.

3 hours ago, inigma said:

@inigma - Just so I am understanding the rules correctly ... Any KAX Prop engine is ok, yes?

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Oh, and here I thought ASC-III was going to consist of battles fought in the air ... How do we tell who wins, who ever falls over first?

It can take off quite easiy if you dont meedle with the steering to much

5 minutes ago, epicman81 said:

It can take off quite easiy if you dont meedle with the steering to much

What JollyGreenGI said as well as as soon as your plane loads it starts doing a shimmy and flops over on one side ... I tried to get it to take off but she ain't havin none of it

I would suggest widening the front landing gear so it is stable on the ground ... the AI won't crash it as easily when trying to take off if you do this

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.