TOP DOG - The best craft in KerbalX

The most popular craft on KerbalX. I thought this would be nice if we could have one thread with some of the best craft in the Kerbal Space Program. Although we may not see just the best of the best craft here it will still be a personal best and a craft with some good amount of reputation. Try to use the same format, leave a brief description, a linked craft file and the date built, this will show some greatness of your craft as well. The Title Font Size 26 and the description text size 14. Use a photo album or One Photo. ONE RULE: ALL CRAFT POSTED MUST HAVE 200+ DOWNLOADS. I will start with my craft presented by Kerbal-X, The Mun Fly coming in at 214 downloads.

The Mun Fly

Craft Built: 08-16-2015

The Mun Fly started out as just the Fly, it was suppose to be just a cool looking small VTOL craft, when I noticed how short the flight time was that's when I got the idea about putting it on the Mun and that's when it became The Mun Fly.

sWqOiSa.png

https://kerbalx.com/Castille7/The-Mun-Fly

Edited by castille7

I think 200 downloads is a pretty high number.

How about 400 views? Not everybody wants to download a craft, and that is a reasonable number to go by, for a popular craft on KerbalX anyway.

16 minutes ago, He_162 said:

I think 200 downloads is a pretty high number.

How about 400 views? Not everybody wants to download a craft, and that is a reasonable number to go by, for a popular craft on KerbalX anyway.

I'm going to have to disagree with that, after breifly scrolling through kerbalx their are over 100 craft with over 400 downloads, and many many more with over 200. The dowloads mean that a craft is considered "good" or impressive, whereas views simply mean that a particular craft may have been seen by many people. (but not necessarily "liked")

However, I also noticed quite a few craft that were not necessarily impressive, but rather simple ships that had been used in a tutorial etc. (not that they are bad, just not "best")

I am definitely open for suggestions, after looking at the Top Dogs on Kerbalx I now feel like a puppy, some of the highest downloads are 6,000+

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

Grabs popcorn...

Mine has butter!

I suggest you rename it to Top KerbalX Downloads Showcase and make no mention of 'best', limit it to 1.05, 1.1 and make a list at the top of the downloads and maintain that list as people add their craft.

Reasoning: Older craft will have more downloads, take for example your craft, it was built in 1.04, a 1.05 craft would be at a serious disadvantage because it has not been up as long, also it means people can download and test the craft if it is restricted to current builds.

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

I suggest you rename it to Top KerbalX Downloads Showcase and make no mention of 'best', limit it to 1.05, 1.1 and make a list at the top of the downloads and maintain that list as people add their craft.

Reasoning: Older craft will have more downloads, take for example your craft, it was built in 1.04, a 1.05 craft would be at a serious disadvantage because it has not been up as long, also it means people can download and test the craft if it is restricted to current builds.

I was assuming other websites may have the download totals like Curse? I am not sure how many other sites are being used for Kerbal craft. Also I wasn't looking at this for the sharing too much, this was just for the option of downloading if someone would like to if they have that version. Looking at the time frame of the craft being on a site shouldn't matter because it will still be a personal best and some craft are on for the same amount of time and won't have many downloads, the craft is either going to have rep or it won't be downloaded much. I do agree to not mention "best" and I like the idea of keeping a list. Lets see what others think and eat more popcorn.

I disagree, I have made many really nice replica's that simply have not gotten over 50 downloads, only because I didn't advertise my craft.

75% of craft on KerbalX (good or not) are then simply thrown out the window because they didn't make a video about it, or spam front page with their craft's thread by replying constantly.

This also assures that no craft that was good, and not on KerbalX gets a chance.

This also makes sure that no-one who is popular (unless they make the most ingenious thing ever) is capable of getting something to be put here until months or a year down the road.

So change your thread's name, and be specific, or change the rules to be unbiased, and just.

29 minutes ago, He_162 said:

I disagree, I have made suggest really nice replica's that s imply have not gotten over 50 downloads, only because I didn't advertise my craft.

75% of craft on KerbalX (good or not) are then simply thrown out the window because they didn't make a video about it, or spam front page with their craft's thread by replying constantly.

This also assures that no craft that was good, and not on KerbalX gets a chance.

This also makes sure that no-one who is popular (unless they make the most ingenious thing ever) is capable of getting something to be put here until months or a year down the road.

So change your thread's name, and be specific, or change the rules to be unbiased, and just.

I am ok with changing it and I do agree, what do you suggest for the title?

13 minutes ago, castille7 said:

I am ok with changing it and I do agree, what do you suggest for the title?

Something similar to that, no need to change it, just modify it, and make it clear in the first sentence that it is the for the most popular craft on kerbalX and then keep the rest of your OP.

Thanks for agreeing, I was planning on simply not replying if you decided to continue some argument over it.

Edited by He_162

2 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Something similar to that, no need to change it, just modify it, and make it clear in the first sentence that it is the for the most popular craft on kerbalX and then keep the rest of your OP.

Thanks for agreeing, I was planning on simply not replying if you decided to continue some argument over it.

Argue? Not me, I am a very open minded and flexible guy! Thank you for the help, I will change it.

2 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

It's fitting that if you're going to base this off of confirmed downloads, it's limited to KerbalX, as I use Dropbox for my craft and it doesn't offer stats like that (unless you go premium, I believe).

My first idea was to use total downloads not just exclusive to Kerbalx, the OP was to include all websites hosting Kerbal Space Program craft profiles such as kerbalx, curse, reddit etc.... I don't know how many other sites there may be. I would like to see this as a place to post personal best craft which would be a craft that you believe to be your best craft. The only reason for having craft only with 200+ downloads was to keep some of the craft with little rep off the thread so the thread would host really nice craft in one spot. This is still a start up thread and I am open for other suggestions to make this work in that direction, please advise with any ideas you may have so we can move this forward. I am not too good at creating these type threads and surely didn't think it would become complicated. Thank you for the reply and any help with it.

Maybe the Title should read "My Personal Best" and not give any download limits?

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.