Livestreaming KSP

GGKSPMC

Hello everybody.  I have a question: how do I become a featured KSP live streamer?  On the front page of the KSP forums, I have noticed that it shows people who are currently live streaming.  Can the admins add my youtube channel to the livestream list?  My youtube channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtLy17F1L83z3oqtcGWML4g.

7 hours ago, GGKSPMC said:

Hello everybody.  I have a question: how do I become a featured KSP live streamer?  On the front page of the KSP forums, I have noticed that it shows people who are currently live streaming.  Can the admins add my youtube channel to the livestream list?  My youtube channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtLy17F1L83z3oqtcGWML4g.

It requires twitch.tv streaming. And even if you did that you need a good reputation.

13 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

It requires twitch.tv streaming. And even if you did that you need a good reputation.

Okay.  I will start streaming Twitch.  Do I not have a good reputation?

1 minute ago, GGKSPMC said:

Okay.  I will start streaming Twitch.  Do I not have a good reputation?

If you're just starting on Twitch you have no reputation yet. I'm not really involved with the featured streams but as I understand it you should have a reasonable number of subscribers and a regular schedule.

As (Shameless Plug Alert! Man your battle stations!) a streamer who's actually had pretty good luck with gaining viewers and followers since starting on a regular schedule roughly two weeks ago, I have this to say:

To be a featured livestreamer, you need the following:
> A schedule that you're willing to stick with. Preferably, you should be streaming several times per week for several hours per stream.
> A lot of people who are interested in/following your Twitch channel. I think the last time there was a call for KSP streamers, one had to have over 100(?) followers and 10(??) regular viewers per stream. While the numbers may be incorrect, the truth is that the more traffic you get and the higher your numbers are, the better. (Note: View counts generally improve with good commentary, reading the chat, having music playing in the background, using a camera to capture your face, and streaming for longer periods of time.)
> (Often) appropriate content. The majority of the featured streams are family-friendly, meaning that they can show off their ideas to everyone!

> Professional conduct. By being a featured streamer, you become a representative of SQUAD. They want you to behave in a way that is positive for KSP's image and for the company.
> 18+. The age limit is set for legal reasons, mostly.

So, to summarize: If you want to join the Media Group, treat the livestreaming thing like a low-key job. Work at it with regular hours, give it plenty of time, and have fun. And even if you don't get into the media group at the end of the day, as long as you enjoyed yourself, it doesn't really matter.

-Upsilon

Okay if your YouTube username is GamerGuyKSPMC (which was the closest I found to your forums username) by the looks of it you aren't even known on YouTube. I'd suggest before you start streaming, get a few more views (think in the range of about a thousand subscribers) before you try doing so. Trust me, starting small is better than starting big, and I have seen some of those guys who stream but have nil views. You don't want to be that.

Take the advice from the guy who doesn't have a channel, get more popular before you start going overboard.

And ignore my post if you want to, I'm having a dead brain day :) . If I got the wrong channel, than also ignore.

BTW, a 'subscribe to me' video is pointless and just does nothing good for your channel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.