42 Industries [42i] - Fighter/VTOL .craft files!

Should I remake the Phoenix?  

1. 1. Should I remake the Phoenix?

• Well clearly messing with it would make it worse
    • Okay... but it will need to be awesome
    • Quit toying with old lame planes and make new ones beetch

That's over 4000m/s... if I can pull this off, it will be one ugly sucker. Bare bones too, no weapons.

And can SRB's be used?

To be honest, I don't even think it's possible. Since you're going to be operating where the atmosphere is thickest you have that to overcome. Then, since this is supposed to be stock parts you're going to have to pile on the SRBs, which means you're going to need more SRBs to compensate for the weight and more to make it go faster and so on and so forth. You can only build out so far, so eventually you're going to have to build "up" and that means having to compensate for the weight drop as you discard SRBs. Then flying it, because once you get going that fast at such a low altitude... Jeb help you if your nose dips below the horizon.

I'm interested in seeing Sbowyer's craft that's reached Mach 10 below 2000m.

• 4 weeks later...

i would like to request a vtol that is more stable than my mini vtol, and its not that stable but i want it to run on two engines and u'll see the props with my plane kinda quick. hint: the engines are the only things keeping that thing in the air

link:http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/18665-VTOL-mods-used-OA-floodlights-damned-aresospace-and-damned-robotics?highlight=vtol

i would like to request a vtol that is more stable than my mini vtol, and its not that stable but i want it to run on two engines and u'll see the props with my plane kinda quick. hint: the engines are the only things keeping that thing in the air

link:http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/18665-VTOL-mods-used-OA-floodlights-damned-aresospace-and-damned-robotics?highlight=vtol

The trick is to have one set of engines that are stationary and pointing at at just about 80 degrees, and then have a pair of stronger engines that can rotate in the front. This will allow you to compansate with the center of gravity and be able to over at crazy angles! My Mosquito can aim 60 degrees downwards and move less that 0.5m/s, the first of it's kind with the design I believe. Incredible effective.

I'm actually still sorting out the packs needed.

Right now, you will need stock (of course) Tiberdyne's NovaPunch pack, JAWRD missiles, dumb bomb, and I think that might be it.

I'll attach the craft files and then see what you guys are missing. Haven't made my planes open source in a while :0

EDIT: Also damned robotics/aerospace parts

EDITEDIT: Uploaded 5 .craft files. Enjoy!

Edited by Tim_Barrett

You all have just witnessed the near complete extinction of 42-I.

The attachments in my second post under this thread are the last of it's kind. 0.13+ crafts are gone entirely. This is an extreme knockout to the company.

We will attempt to recover, but an estimated 15-20 testing designs will never be available again until further notice.

"The Final Five"

42i - Cougar.craft

42i - Wildcat.craft

42i - Panther.craft

Mosquito Mk2.craft

Mosquito Mk2AR.craft

The trick is to have one set of engines that are stationary and pointing at at just about 80 degrees, and then have a pair of stronger engines that can rotate in the front. This will allow you to compansate with the center of gravity and be able to over at crazy angles! My Mosquito can aim 60 degrees downwards and move less that 0.5m/s, the first of it's kind with the design I believe. Incredible effective.

How do you go about setting a pair of engines point at 80 degrees? And 80 degrees downward in the direction of the back or the front?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.