Kerbal Aeronautical Laboratories [OPEN FOR MEMBERS]

MRMCNUGGET

On 4/5/2016 at 2:47 PM, Dfthu said:

I think it should be Vanilla. No mods would make it easier.

RSP is done in RSS/RO. If this turns out to be working alongside of RSP, then it would have to be done in RSS/RO.

31 minutes ago, LordKael said:

I'd just like to clarify a point: you're offering a contracted development firm that will provide efficient and timely solutions to players' problems, or design a vehicle/payload to meet the mission parameters of a client player?

Bit of both, I say. Solving people's problems and designing more efficient ways of meeting mission parameters of client players sounds right up KAL's street. No task too big, no job too small, etc. We only have one self generated design task at the moment, but I think that if we start to show engineering excellence others will follow - requesting either vehicle design or solving problems. It's not either/or. I'd also state it's not just for RSP; the mods required depend on the requirements of the customer. Mod flexibility makes it more of an engineering challenge and prevents it all from getting stale.

I believe the difficulty in KSP isn't solving problems, solving them elegantly.

In that sense, there shouldn't be missions to "get this to that place" but rather "get this to that place with minimum mass, flight time, without active control, etc. If there are mods like kOS, then problems become even more interesting, trying to make the shortest code to do the most results.

I like the idea of a precise ICBM/cruise missile. I myself would suggest a more math-y problem: Making a Kerbin-Duna cycler (or an Earth-Mars cycler in RSS).

So are we doing stock or what? Mods limit the sharabillity of the crafts. It would be so hard to download all of the mods and I don't even know how KOS even works. If we're solving problems it should be available to everyone, not just people with the mods. I joined this thinking it was stock, I would of joined RSP but the mods stopped me. If this going down the same path.. sorry, I'm out

Edited by Dfthu

34 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

If we're solving problems it should be available to everyone, not just people with the mods.

There's problems applicable to both. The primary thing is scale. Whether you want full scale or simple scale is up to you.

Besides, it's not like there's a massive difference or difficulty in going from someone who doesn't have mods to someone that does.

Edited by LorenLuke

On the subject of cooperation in building, I invite you to come contribute a module to the KSS we are building over in the Serial Space Station challenge.  For your project here, let me know if you have any questions about how we are sharing a common workspace and staying organized, I'm happy to help.  Fun to see KSP players working together!