[KSP 1.2.2][2016-12-13] All Y'All [v0.10.1] One-Button Common Action Grouping

Superfluous J

On 7/8/2016 at 11:14 PM, CDeister said:

First, let me say that I love this mod.  Thank you!

I have, however, found a bug.  If you remove the science from a container that is not reusable without a scientist (i.e. the Science Jr.), but don't restore it, you can still get more science from the part by doing the 'Perform all science' action.  

1. Perform and remove science, but don't 'restore' the container.
  2. Running 'Perform All Science' will ignore all 'filled' science containers, but still allows you to get more science from the un-restored containers.

Fixed in v0.5 which is up on Spaceport now and should be on CKAN whenever that stuff happens.

Bonus: Now you don't get the warning anymore about experiments that already exist. AYA just ignores those. It seems that the "Deployed" variable is present for all experiments, but gets automatically reset for those expeirments that you don't have to reset manually. By checking the variable and skipping those that are "deployed," AYA now skips all non-reset experiments, regardless of if they need reset manually or not.

I'm playing a RSS/RP-0 career. I installed, manually, your 0.5 update and I'm not able to click on any part that contains a science experiment once in flight. Action groups still work but the parts won't even highlight. I reverted back to 0.4 and am able to click on all parts again. Haven't tried any solar panels or radiators though so I can't comment whether it's this mod or a mod incompatability. When I realised I couldn't click on the science parts I quit out and simply reverted back to 0.4 and the parts worked/highlighted again

Edited by ClLaw

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Fixed in v0.5 which is up on Spaceport now and should be on CKAN whenever that stuff happens.

Bonus: Now you don't get the warning anymore about experiments that already exist. AYA just ignores those. It seems that the "Deployed" variable is present for all experiments, but gets automatically reset for those expeirments that you don't have to reset manually. By checking the variable and skipping those that are "deployed," AYA now skips all non-reset experiments, regardless of if they need reset manually or not.

Thanks, you're awesome!

2 hours ago, ClLaw said:

I'm playing a RSS/RP-0 career. I installed, manually, your 0.5 update and I'm not able to click on any part that contains a science experiment once in flight. Action groups still work but the parts won't even highlight. I reverted back to 0.4 and am able to click on all parts again. Haven't tried any solar panels or radiators though so I can't comment whether it's this mod or a mod incompatability. When I realised I couldn't click on the science parts I quit out and simply reverted back to 0.4 and the parts worked/highlighted again

Hm. I really can't say what would have caused it. The differences between 0.5 and 0.4 are quite small, and are all contained within if() statements in the science code. I can't see how it would work in 0.4 and not in 0.5.

My only guess is if some mod you have modifies how science parts work in a very specific way. Like, removing the fact that experiments can be deployed or not. I don't know if or even why any mods would do that.

As you can't even click the parts, I can't even think of a way to test or debug it. All of my code is contained within the right click menu of the parts. I'll put up a link to 0.4, and maybe all previous versions, in the original post next time I've got free Internet Time.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hm. I really can't say what would have caused it. The differences between 0.5 and 0.4 are quite small, and are all contained within if() statements in the science code. I can't see how it would work in 0.4 and not in 0.5.

My only guess is if some mod you have modifies how science parts work in a very specific way. Like, removing the fact that experiments can be deployed or not. I don't know if or even why any mods would do that.

As you can't even click the parts, I can't even think of a way to test or debug it. All of my code is contained within the right click menu of the parts. I'll put up a link to 0.4, and maybe all previous versions, in the original post next time I've got free Internet Time.

I don't understand it either. The only thing I changed from yesterday's playing to today's is the update of your mod. Been playing most the day today and the only time I had any issues was when I had 0.5 installed. Haven't had a single issue all day other than that. Just thought I'd let you know. If you do think of any way to test then let me know :)

• 1 month later...

I ran into an interesting corner case today: This mod will auto-complete experiments from a WildBlueIndustries MOLE - despite those normally being required to be loaded into a specific part, and have you spend time and resources to complete them.  (I haven't tried with Station Science, but it has a similar system.)  Is there a good way to exclude them from this mod?  Note they do not show up directly in the right-click menu - they're only available through a custom interface.

On 8/15/2016 at 11:05 AM, DStaal said:

I ran into an interesting corner case today: This mod will auto-complete experiments from a WildBlueIndustries MOLE - despite those normally being required to be loaded into a specific part, and have you spend time and resources to complete them.  (I haven't tried with Station Science, but it has a similar system.)  Is there a good way to exclude them from this mod?  Note they do not show up directly in the right-click menu - they're only available through a custom interface.

I'll look at this when I can, but in the meantime look at the cfg file in the All Y'all directory. It's pretty simple if you've looked at them before. It looks for a module that all science parts have, and adds my module if it finds them.

If you can find a module that all stock science parts have but that your modded parts do not, you could change my cfg to look for that module instead.

8 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'll look at this when I can, but in the meantime look at the cfg file in the All Y'all directory. It's pretty simple if you've looked at them before. It looks for a module that all science parts have, and adds my module if it finds them.

If you can find a module that all stock science parts have but that your modded parts do not, you could change my cfg to look for that module instead.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

On 7/10/2016 at 6:47 PM, 5thHorseman said:

A quick update to this issue I was having. Your mod seems to of been working fine ever since in my RP-0 career. I can only think it was probably more of an issue with colliders rather than your mod.

Sorry this is a late update on this issue but I didn't play the game for a fair while, it's been working fine the past week or so with no issue

WildBlueIndustries MOLE

What exactly is this? I did a search for WildBlueIndustries and found a mod, but it seems to be a big pack. I don't want to hunt around unnecessarily, so could you provide a link to the mod's page on spacedock or curse or wherever?

13 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

What exactly is this? I did a search for WildBlueIndustries and found a mod, but it seems to be a big pack. I don't want to hunt around unnecessarily, so could you provide a link to the mod's page on spacedock or curse or wherever?

No problem, here you go: http://spacedock.info/mod/792/M.O.L.E.

And yeah, Angel-125's got a few really good mods.  The MOLE pack is actually a fairly large pack, but the important part for this is the 'MOLE' itself: It's a reconfigurable workshop/fuel tank that in one of it's modes operates as an experiment lab, into which you load experiments and run them.  (Which takes resources.)  Once they are done running, you have to send them back to Kerbin to be collected - and there are several choices of parts in the pack that you can do that with.  (Though you can only transfer a complete experiment once.)  All Y'all runs them immediately without using the resources.

Note if you're playing around with it yourself many of the MOLE parts are in a unique 1.875m size - there are adapters.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I think I got this. It was harder than I originally thoguht because even though you can remove the MENU from those parts easily, I needed to make a code change for AllYAll to ignore those parts when you used the menu on another part.

Try this and tell me if it works. It doesn't change anything for anybody NOT using MOLE, and I don't think it'll fix Station Science, but it should keep the MOLE stuff from triggering. I tried to test it but am unfamiliar with MOLE stuff so I can't guarantee my test was valid at all.

I'm also super unfamiliar with Github, which I'm trying to use now, so if you can't download these files let me know and I'll just put them somewhere you can:

https://github.com/5thHorseman/AllYAll/blob/0.6-Beta-Release-Files/AllYAll.dll (This is the important one. It stops MOLE parts from running and has logging)
https://github.com/5thHorseman/AllYAll/blob/0.6-Beta-Release-Files/AllYAll.cfg (not strictly needed for testing. This will remove the menu from the MOLE parts)

If you're able to download and test the .dll file, and find it's not working, I'd appreciate getting me your output_log.txt file. I added logging in the above DLL so I'll be able to see what's happening in your particular install. If you try this and it works for you, let me know and I'll make a 0.6 release for it.

It works!  :)  Thanks.  I didn't try the config file - I'm not sure what parts you'd be hiding the menu on anyway.  (The experiments aren't in physical parts - they are in modules you load into other parts.)  I didn't see any menus on the MOLE or experiment containers.

This is now the main download, v0.6

• 0.6: Quick fix for M.O.L.E. parts. They utilize ModuleScienceExperiment but shouldn't be auto-collected. I've hard coded to ignore them when triggering science.

Unless you're using MOLE parts, updating is not necessary, but it won't hurt anything.

• 5 weeks later...

Big 1.2 update, that should help a LOT in gathering science. This does change stock functionality (something that I've been leery of in the past) so let me know your opinions if you think this went too far. I personally think that convenience trumps "stockalike" in this case.

• 0.8: Added functionality to the new 1.2 "Science Box."
    • "Perform All Science" even though it's not actually a science experiment, for ease of use.
    • "Reset All Science" - the good part.
      • Will reset all experiments whose data has not been collected.
      • Will reset Mystery Goo and Science Jr (and hopefully any modded science) if you have a scientist on board.
      • Usage: Pin the Science Box right-click menu, then click in turn "perform science", "collect data", and "reset science." Repeat in all biomes.

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:
  • Will reset Mystery Goo and Science Jr (and hopefully any modded science) if you have a scientist on board.

Tis is the only part that modifies stock behaviour, right?

Well, stock behaviour is dumb :mad: 

1 hour ago, monstah said:

Tis is the only part that modifies stock behaviour, right?

Well, stock behaviour is dumb :mad: 

Yes. Mostly the "problem" is that you can reset them even in situations where the scientist couldn't hop out and do it, like while re-entering or whatnot. And yeah. If you can fly to another planet you should be able to automate cleaning an experiment :)

20 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yes. Mostly the "problem" is that you can reset them even in situations where the scientist couldn't hop out and do it, like while re-entering or whatnot. And yeah. If you can fly to another planet you should be able to automate cleaning an experiment :)

If you wanted to solve this problem you can make it so the "reset experiments" is only available to EVA Kerbals.  Although I'd personally choose usability of realism/stock-fidelity here.

Also, in 1.2 we removed all the hard-coded checks for "Scientist", "Pilot", etc and replaced them with traits.  Given that I know you're someone who has shown a preference of having fewer Kerbal roles in the past, you may want to change your scientist check from:

crewMember.trait == "Scientist"

to:

crewMember.HasEffect<ScienceResetSkill>()

7 hours ago, nightingale said:

If you wanted to solve this problem you can make it so the "reset experiments" is only available to EVA Kerbals.  Although I'd personally choose usability of realism/stock-fidelity here.

Also, in 1.2 we removed all the hard-coded checks for "Scientist", "Pilot", etc and replaced them with traits.  Given that I know you're someone who has shown a preference of having fewer Kerbal roles in the past, you may want to change your scientist check from:

crewMember.trait == "Scientist"

to:

That's fantastic! I did grind my teeth a bit as I wrote that :)

9 hours ago, nightingale said:

ScienceResetSkill doesn't seem to be a thing. I tried looking for all 3 words and don't see anything that looks reasonable to think is it.

Is it perhaps ultra-new? As in not in the current Steam build?