Where to place a single KR-1 Engine

So, I'm working on parts for my little Jool DIRECT mod and I wanted to make a new 1.25 m engine. After looking at the LFB KR-1x2, I decided to do what Squad did and cut the single KR-1 engine off the rest of the model, leaving me with this.

The problem I'm having now, is what tweaks to make to it. If I just divide the information from the "Twin Boar", I'm left with an engine that gets 1000 kn of thrust in Vac, 933 kn in Atmosphere, and a slightly worse Isp than the "Vector". The LFB KR-1x2 gives a description that the KR-1 sacrificed thrust and efficiency for the booster design. Would this be a good fit as a upper stage J-2x or RL-10 analog to compliment the KS-25 "Vector" when that is used as a lower stage booster?

Gosh, yeah that's a tough call. Usually when splitting clusters, I prefer to make the stats make sense, by giving it the correct fractional thrust and mass, and similar ISP. But from a gameplay perspective and balance perspective, sometimes you have to fudge things. If it's stepping on the Vector's toes,making it a J-2 equivalent upper stage engine isn't a bad idea. But then again, the Twin Boar is modeled after some of the earlier SLS concepts, and those LFBs would have used F-1B engines, which are of course high-thrust kerosene engines with a lower ISP.

I guess it really depends on how you want the engine to be used, and whether it will completely obsolete the other 1.25m engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.